Sign in to follow this  
Guest sjfdkw

ai aircraft circling around forever

Guest jumpseat47

while observing landings using ai smooth to reduce go arounds I find some aircraft circling around the airport forever even when runway is available. they come under the list of holding under the aismooth window but looks like upon release they are attempting to intercept ils too close. I am using the default settings of ai smooth.what settings can I change to avoid this?

Guest JimC1702

Make sure the airport you are at has sufficient parking spaces. AI will not land if there are no available parking spaces of the correct type.Jim

Hi,Uncheck User plane response after you land.Thanks,

Make sure the airport you are at has sufficient parking spaces. AI will not land if there are no available parking spaces of the correct type.Jim
Pertaining to the default MS/FS seperation coding that most know nothing about, AI Planes on a IFR FP will always land. Airborne AI Planes know nothing about parking space availablity or anything about what is on the ground. AI Planes on a VFR FP caught on top (destination IMC) will not land do to weather and not parking spots. A B747 AI Plane will land in zero visibilty on a grass runway 2500 ft long (with no type approach code written) if that is the only runway available at the airport the FP is written for. Only when the AI planes speed reduces to 40 down to 20 kts on a runway texture (based on main gear contact points) does the AI Engine assign a parking spot if one exist. If a parking spot does not exist of proper size the AI plane vanishes from the runway texture.All 3rd party seperation utility code places the AI Plane in the user controlled slew mode. Many cases when the AI plane is released from slew mode it has lost its connection with the ATC Engine. AI planes also loose the runway textures 3 point target system. This causes many AI Planes to wonder around, fly in circles, fly off in the distance, fall to the ground, etc. The ATC system understands how to instruct a missed approach and vector back to a proper approach when the runway in question has a default LDA or user defined LDA/IGS approach such as Kai Tak or PHNL (weather related type approaches). Seperation utility's cause a disconnect between the ATC system / AI Plane Engine / Weather Engine and the missed approach code. AI Planes revert back to the hard code standard .dll approach of 2000 ft and 30 degree offset to final rather then the proper climb altitude and existing curved approach.

while observing landings using ai smooth to reduce go arounds I find some aircraft circling around the airport forever even when runway is available. they come under the list of holding under the aismooth window but looks like upon release they are attempting to intercept ils too close. I am using the default settings of ai smooth.what settings can I change to avoid this?
I have this problem too, jumpseat47. Even when the conflict AI aircraft is parked, aismooth keeps circling around the other ai traffic. Is there a way to avoid this behavior? Some setting inside aismooth that we can tweak?Best regards,Tanocapo

Ignacio aka Tanocapo

I have this problem too, jumpseat47. Even when the conflict AI aircraft is parked, aismooth keeps circling around the other ai traffic. Is there a way to avoid this behavior? Some setting inside aismooth that we can tweak?Best regards,Tanocapo
With AISmooth I had this "forever circling" problem with FS9, and with FSX things just got worse.As long as you keep AI traffic levels to a reasonable level, you don't really need it with FSX.To be honest I wouldn't bother with it as it is (or it would seem to be) more or less abandonware.

Guys,Is User Plane Response checked On in AIS? If it is, turn it Off and the AI planes will continue to land.