Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Philip Ogden

Where is FSX.CFG file in Windows 7?

5 posts in this topic

I've been using Windows 7 for about a fortnight now and am very pleased with it especially with FSX. It seems to fly that bit smoother with the graphics a liitle crisper though to be fair I did get good results on XP. I have just downloaded REX weather expansion which requires me to navigate to the FSX.CFG folder to install but I cannot find it. probably me being thick but I would appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's under C: Users-(your name)- AppData-Roaming-Microsoft-FSX. Be sure to uncheck hidden files and folders under folder option view

It's under C: Users-(your name)- AppData-Roaming-Microsoft-FSX. Be sure to uncheck hidden files and folders under folder option view
Thanks for that.

Easy way to access without hiding folders is to type this in the address bar:%appdata%\Microsoft\FSXAfter you hit enter, you will see fsx.cfg in there. :(

Easy way to access without hiding folders is to type this in the address bar:%appdata%\Microsoft\FSXAfter you hit enter, you will see fsx.cfg in there. :(
Had a chance to run REX today, works brilliantly even though I was quite happy with FSX before. Thanks for your help.