Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

PSS 777's in FSX.

Hello,I have the PSS 777 installed on FSX, but when I take off, and engage the autopilot, the altitude swings round like mad. Alt hold won't work nor will VS or VNAV. Once A/P is engaged, the aircraft's vs just goes mad :PIs this a known bug and can it be solved?Cheers,James

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
Hello,I have the PSS 777 installed on FSX, but when I take off, and engage the autopilot, the altitude swings round like mad. Alt hold won't work nor will VS or VNAV. Once A/P is engaged, the aircraft's vs just goes mad :PIs this a known bug and can it be solved?Cheers,James
James,On FSX there is no known bugs as it wasn't designed for it. But if we can find some aircraft designers to help us 'redevelop' our aircraft for use in FSX, we may be able to get them working fully. I hope the orginial dev comes back. I am ready to offer some cash, or put in some work to get ti working.Daniel

Guest flyawayboy777
Haven't tried it yet but are you sure it's [Window13] and not 14? Window13 was used for FSWXR2100
My mistake, it is window 14

Any news on the integration progress? I've been trying the same thing, and while the first steps seemed encouraging (inside & outside views look fine, all gauges seem to work), and I am able to start up and (sort-of) fly the thing, there are some issues that have me stuck in a dead-end road so far: 1) As soon as I load the aircraft in the selection screen I am bombarded by a few dozen popups, complaining about a failed "SimVarGet". (And — which is a first for me, not even Google returned a single hit on that!): 2) When I try to open up the gauge "FSWXR2100", it shows up briefly, but then disappears right away again. If I remove the reference to this gauge in panel.cfg FSX will lock up altogether once the plane is fully loaded. 3) Just like some of the previous posters, my AP oscillates wildly, making the trip more of a roller-coaster ride - and the manual trim adjustment seems to be extremely sensitive (I got the Saitek quandrants, which work great in any other plane).

Thanks rhodges!I wish I had my 777 install files but unfortunatly they're gone with FS9, long time ago..I really loved this bird, the best PSS product IMO
Could not agree more. I just hope something comes along soon to match it.

I have the DVD and just installed this (in FSX) using the FS9 xfr method, plus SP1 and SP2 and the various file moves & edits mentioned above. 'Sort of works. 'If I select a 777 to start off with though FSX will function for a minute or two, then show me a busy-cursor for about 30secs, and then crash ('seem to be able to bring on the crash immediately by hitting Ctrl or trying to change the View). 'Found however that if I select some other non-PSS777 model first, AND make sure ITS engines are running, THEN I can successfully select into the 777. Switches don't seem to work in VC, but glass gauges don't all work in 2D cockpit. AP quirky and pretty much unusable as described above. Am suspicious of the flight model as well, but that just might be my inexperience in flying this model. I saw another post somewhere hereabouts ('think it was a sticky) saying back in 2006 that PSS was working on a 777 FSX update or upgrade, but obviously that hasn't happened, even though they've done it for other packages.

You're probably experiencing the same issue I do (with the SimVarGet errors).I have gauge debugging turned on if FSX.CFG, and I guess that's why I see the error and you don't. (Requires "GaugeDevDebug=1" in the [PANELS] section.) The second issue seems to be "normal" behavior for the PSS T7, as I am experiencing the same thing under FS9. Looks like the output of the FSWXR2100 gauge is used in the main instruments, but you can't use it by itself. And if it's deleted, you will have a crash. The flight model is probably tweakable by fine-tuning the aircraft.cfg & air file a bit (it's behaving quite nicely in FS9), but unless the main issue with SimVarGet can be solved, it'd all be for nothing...

I've done some more testing on the PSS T7, and while some results were promising - other, not so positive results, caused me to finally give up on this project... First the good news:By going back to a "virgin" FSX installation, and only installing the PSS777 I was able to get rid of the lockups (or endless error messages) at start-up. Performance was similar to the same plane in FS9 (FPS ~20 on my fairly low-end machine).All the panels and gauges showed up properly and were fully operational, 5 input devices (via FSUIPC4) were interpreted correctly, and I was able to program the FMC.Lift-off and manual handling worked quite nicely, and the AP was following the programmed flight-plan. Now for the bad news:Auto-throttle seems to always be stuck at 100% (or more). No matter what I did to the MCP it would never let off, and ended up doing crazy air-speeds.Also, when adjusting the throttle manually, the changes are represented on the throttle lever graphic, and the engines respond to it, but the EICAS gauges do not depict the correct status.(Which leaves me to believe that some internal processes related to the throttle are not properly talking to each other.) I was also not able to cold-start the engines. N2 values would never exceed ~13; and no matter whether I tried it in manual or auto-mode, they would not fire up. Even with Ctrl-E I had to do it twice, in order to get everything up and running.I also still saw extreme elevation oscillations on AP, but I somehow suspect that that was probably caused by the bad throttle behavior. So... while again it seemed like I got pretty close, another big obstacle showed up, and this time I think I'm gonna give up for good...I've packed up all the files and utilities I used into one package, and it can be downloaded from here (in case someone else might want to continue one). ==============================================================================And, for the record (and in case someone else wants to continue the "research"),here are the details of what I've done: Apart from doing a fresh install of FSX, I also had to clear the following folders, to get rid of the initial lockup/error popups:

• c:Users[username]AppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSX
  • c:ProgramDataMicrosoftFSX (the content in this folder seemed to be the main culprit)

If your FSX locks when when starting it with the PSS777, try enabling gauge debugging (see my previous post).This will most likely create a lot of error popups, which can be closed by a little utility I wrote (included in the above mentioned package).It seems that, if you do close them quickly enough, FSX will not crash anymore (at least I never experienced any crashes once I used that utility). In order to make the overhead panel work, panel.cfg needed to be edited (removed the "Fixed Window37..." and added a new popup panel for the overhead). Only works from the View menu, though - the button on the display selector is still non-functional. Panel.cfg was also adjusted to prevent some popup-panels from showing up behind the main panel (by giving the windows specific "zorder" values). The different views (cockpit, pan & outside) were adjusted, to be compatible with FSX (aircraft.cfg & panel.cfg). Miscellaneous other tweaks to aircraft.cfg and the .air file were done to accommodate the performance of the 200ER. As mentioned elsewhere, if gauges show up without readouts (not totally black - *that* is most likely an authorization issue), your system is probably missing some required fonts. I have found that it might not be enough to just put them into the FSXFonts folder, but that they have to be installed as Windows fonts (by right-clicking them, and selecting "Install"). The whole package is a mash-up of several different sources (PSS, original and edited Poskys, and my own). Since I originally only did those changes as an experiment for myself, I didn't keep track of whose edits went where - I only cared for what worked. So please don't blame me for not crediting the different authors, and don't mistake the posted package as a "publication" of any sort. It's just one little step in perhaps an ongoing process of experiments...