Sign in to follow this  
NeilC

AI cruise levels

My TCAS is driving me mad in my Maddog.Today I was crusing along at FL350, and was given traffic on a 737 at FL360. However I got a TCAS RA and the TCAS showed the 737 300ft above me.I quickly turned on AI aircraft labels, and low and behold, FS had the 737 cruising at 35300ft.This has been going on for a while now, even after a reinstall.Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, how do you solve it???ThanksNeil.

beta.gif

My TCAS is driving me mad in my Maddog.Today I was crusing along at FL350, and was given traffic on a 737 at FL360. However I got a TCAS RA and the TCAS showed the 737 300ft above me.I quickly turned on AI aircraft labels, and low and behold, FS had the 737 cruising at 35300ft.This has been going on for a while now, even after a reinstall.Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, how do you solve it???
Give the AI pilot a ticking off, he probably hasn't adjusted his altimeter when he passed FL180. If he went further than 300 feet from his allotted altitude, ATC would nag him. AI pilots sometimes drift off course too.I should imagine the only solution is to turn off all weather.Or grab an AI pilot by the scruff of his neck and give him a good spanking.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Hi Neil,A few thoughts....Are you using real weather or a weather program?If 'yes', then maybe you have not reset your altimeter above fl180 and you're flying a bit high for the current atmospheric pressure...???Regards,Philip.

My TCAS is driving me mad in my Maddog.Today I was crusing along at FL350, and was given traffic on a 737 at FL360. However I got a TCAS RA and the TCAS showed the 737 300ft above me.I quickly turned on AI aircraft labels, and low and behold, FS had the 737 cruising at 35300ft.This has been going on for a while now, even after a reinstall.Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, how do you solve it???ThanksNeil.

Best Regards,

Philip M Wafer

EIWT

Hi Neil,A few thoughts....Are you using real weather or a weather program?If 'yes', then maybe you have not reset your altimeter above fl180 and you're flying a bit high for the current atmospheric pressure...???Regards,Philip.
Above FL180 (in the US) you do not have to adjust your altimeter to the current atmospheric pressure, but set it to the standard of 29.92 (or 1013) regardless of the actual pressure. Wolfgang

Maybe the he and the copilot were playing on their laptops and forgot..... :(

Maybe the he and the copilot were playing on their laptops and forgot..... :(
I know that I'm always playing with mine while in flight. :( I have to say that they are probably just drifting off their ALT. The AI doesn't have AP and had to fly manually.Also they don't have the A+ stewardess that I have every flight. She makes the best coffee, but she needs to talk softer when she enters...scares me every time. :(