Sign in to follow this  
bspeterson2k

Cruise/Climb OutsideAirTemp-OAT PMDG 747 & MD11 FSX

When online with VATSIM and using Weather Feature, Climb Cruise OAT's are way tooooo high. Turn off VATSIM weather and temps become normal. Noticed that I couldn't climb above about FL200. Performance very bad. Checked temp while using VATSIM weather and the temps were very high. Like 70's, that's plus 70F.I do NOT get this problem using FSX default aircraft and some other purchased aircraft.Problem with PMDG FSX aircraft -- 747 and MD11? Or is the problem with VATSIM or a combined issue?The only workaround so far is to fly with VATSIM weather off.Anybody else found this a problem?additional Info: FSX-sp2, Windows-7 Ultimate 32bit, Pent-QuadCore-4GBmemory nvidia PCI Express Video Bill Peterson ~ Gulf Shores,AL

I dont know anyone who uses Vatsim weather, the high temps are a known issue. Just use Active Sky like everyone else.BTW I dont think it's Vatsim that is the problem, I remember reading that it is due to FSINNRob

Rob Prest

It is known problem with FSInn's interface with Simconnect and does affect other aircraft but it is far more noticeable in the more realistic addons for the simple reason that being more realistic they react to temperature changes as they should. The workaround when flying in upper airspace is to use another weather source (either payware or FSX download weather). The snag is that when approaching an airport you may not be getting the same weather as the controller is seeing but you can always turn the FSInn/Vatsim weather back on around airfields. Incidentally this only affects FSX, the FSInn weather with FS9 works fine.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Indeed,FsInns weather module has not been completed / corrected for the temperature issue: it keeps climbingresulting in lower and lower (worse) engine performance.When flying online you can also do the following : Use FSinn to get the weather and at around FL180 turn it off. Then use FSX's weather.When descending through FL180 you can re-activate FSinn.Downside to this is that when shifting from weather engine weather gets re-loaded and you might see youracft yaw / roll a bit to adjust for differences in wind. At FL180 you should still be flying fast enough and autopilotcan handle the (minor) shift in weather...

There seems to be lots of old threads been bumped at the moment?
Yeah I know, it seems to be new members that keep doing it. Kevin, the issue is with FSINN, in all my years of using Active sky I have never had a SAT issue in cruise.Regards

Rob Prest

Yeah I know, it seems to be new members that keep doing it. Kevin, the issue is with FSINN, in all my years of using Active sky I have never had a SAT issue in cruise.Regards
Agreed. I use ASX with SB4 with no problems. My only problem (unrelated) was with wind smoothing in ASX, so I turned that off and used FSUIPC instead.

Kyle Rodgers

Ihave the seem problem and i test that is the FSINN, i tried whitout Vatsim and in the FMC the OAT was 0%, then i used Active Sky Evolution (whitout Vatsim) and the OAT was 11% on MMMX airport (the real weather's moment), then i tried whit Vatsim and no ASE in the seem session and the OAT was 25%, my conclusion was that the FSINN don't work's great whit PMDG product's.