Sign in to follow this  

The 737 PIC version is proving to be pretty popular.I know a lot of you wanted a "Voice Commander" for a complex 3rd party aircraft (like the 737 PIC) so I delivered one.We have a lot of 737 PIC users out there now - welcome to the FS2Crew club for the newbies!So what's does everyone think about it?Like it? Hate it? I'd appreciate feedback so I can make these things better.Cheers,

Back sore neck hurts eyes burled voice hoarse love it. The planes graphics yuk but the program breeds new life into the old fellow. Well done.Wilco should be getting a lot more sales because of your work.

Back sore neck hurts eyes burled voice hoarse love it. The planes graphics yuk but the program breeds new life into the old fellow. Well done.Wilco should be getting a lot more sales because of your work.
Glad you like it! First time I've ever heard anyone complain of FS2Crew giving them a sore back!!The hoarse voice I can semi-understand, but the back, no :( Cheers,

How do I like FSCrew 2010 "Voice Command" for the PIC737?!!I sleep with it under my pillow :( I LOVE it!FS2Crew2010 "Voice Command" has not only breathed new life into FeelThere's early glass 737, it has given me a real opportunity to now realize what a great simulation it really is.I added Turbo Sound Studio's 737 sound for FSX to it and it even sounds fabulous now.Also I use it with FSPassengersX and Aerosoft/OnCourse Software's ProFlight Emulator so I have a cabin load of passengers that I have to feed and entertain and a first officer that not only handles his job in the cockpit through FS2Crew, but also handles the radios.What is also so cool is that I can actually go to outside view sometimes, and control the aircraft perfectly while watching her in all of the scenery and REX clouds. Really, since I have a cordless mike/headset, I can go to the other room and control the aircraft from there, and just let my FS2Crew FO fly the plane while I give commands to follow ATC instructions. Nice when necessity calls. :( I have all of the really good complex aircraft and FeelThere's PIC737 takes no back seat, even considering it is not a new sim. But it works perfect in my Windows 7x64 setup.I'm still having a little problem with the FO not wanting to turn the seatbelt signs on and off. I can get him to turn the signs on after repeating "Set seatbelt signs on" several times..each time he confirms "Seatbelt signs on" but after about three times, he will turn them on. He seems to completely refuse to switch them off. I will say "Set seatbelt signs off" and he will confirm "Seatbelt signs off", but will not switch them off. I think he feels it is just not his job and wants to show a little independence. I'll keep trying and maybe he will come around. That is just a very minor problem that is really not even an issue. Everything else works amazingly well. It seems like he will follow every other instruction even if I don't speak as clear as I should.Once you get into the groove of saying the right triggers to make him do his thing, it really flows and becomes very much fun.It is really hard to fly in an aircraft that doesn't have this now. Bob

Hi Bryan,loving the FS2Crew ever since and the new voice controlled versions are truly amazing. There's just one little but:It would be perfect if you could add a button that cuts the recording, because when talking to an Ivao ATC (especially when doing a readback) FS2crew reads out orders which aren't for it.CheerioFlorian Schmidt

Glad you like it! First time I've ever heard anyone complain of FS2Crew giving them a sore back!!The hoarse voice I can semi-understand, but the back, no :( Cheers,
Maybe I need a new chair because I am sitting for so long.

Hi Bryan,loving the FS2Crew ever since and the new voice controlled versions are truly amazing. There's just one little but:It would be perfect if you could add a button that cuts the recording, because when talking to an Ivao ATC (especially when doing a readback) FS2crew reads out orders which aren't for it.CheerioFlorian Schmidt
Hi Florian,You can temporary disable voice recognition by clicking the "VOICE" button on the FS2Crew main panel.That'd be the best way.As for adding a button that cuts the recordings, I'll have to think about that one.I could do it by adding a button that sets the volume to zero... That would be very easy.Good idea!Cheers,
How do I like FSCrew 2010 "Voice Command" for the PIC737?!!I sleep with it under my pillow :( I LOVE it!FS2Crew2010 "Voice Command" has not only breathed new life into FeelThere's early glass 737, it has given me a real opportunity to now realize what a great simulation it really is.I added Turbo Sound Studio's 737 sound for FSX to it and it even sounds fabulous now.Also I use it with FSPassengersX and Aerosoft/OnCourse Software's ProFlight Emulator so I have a cabin load of passengers that I have to feed and entertain and a first officer that not only handles his job in the cockpit through FS2Crew, but also handles the radios.What is also so cool is that I can actually go to outside view sometimes, and control the aircraft perfectly while watching her in all of the scenery and REX clouds. Really, since I have a cordless mike/headset, I can go to the other room and control the aircraft from there, and just let my FS2Crew FO fly the plane while I give commands to follow ATC instructions. Nice when necessity calls. :( I have all of the really good complex aircraft and FeelThere's PIC737 takes no back seat, even considering it is not a new sim. But it works perfect in my Windows 7x64 setup.I'm still having a little problem with the FO not wanting to turn the seatbelt signs on and off. I can get him to turn the signs on after repeating "Set seatbelt signs on" several times..each time he confirms "Seatbelt signs on" but after about three times, he will turn them on. He seems to completely refuse to switch them off. I will say "Set seatbelt signs off" and he will confirm "Seatbelt signs off", but will not switch them off. I think he feels it is just not his job and wants to show a little independence. I'll keep trying and maybe he will come around. That is just a very minor problem that is really not even an issue. Everything else works amazingly well. It seems like he will follow every other instruction even if I don't speak as clear as I should.Once you get into the groove of saying the right triggers to make him do his thing, it really flows and becomes very much fun.It is really hard to fly in an aircraft that doesn't have this now. Bob
Hi Bob,Are you using version 1.01?Run the installer again and look at the information screen. It'll say there what version it is.Best,

Hi Bob,Are you using version 1.01?Run the installer again and look at the information screen. It'll say there what version it is.Best,
Yes Bryan. It says V1.01 (28 November 2009).I'll try it again. If it keeps ignoring the seatbelt off command I'll let you know.Thank you,Bob

Yes Bryan. It says V1.01 (28 November 2009).I'll try it again. If it keeps ignoring the seatbelt off command I'll let you know.Thank you,Bob
Hi Bob,Also check with the Green Bar to ensure that the speech recognition system does in fact hear:"Set seatbelts to on"or:"Set seatbelts to off"Cheers,

Hi Florian,You can temporary disable voice recognition by clicking the "VOICE" button on the FS2Crew main panel.
Stupid me... :( and in addition: I'm experiencing the same seatbelt issues as Bob does.CheerioFlorian Schmidt

Stupid me... :( and in addition: I'm experiencing the same seatbelt issues as Bob does.CheerioFlorian Schmidt
I just re-tested the seatbelts and it works for me.I loaded the PIC 737. Opened theFS2Crew Main Panel by clicking the RMI.Mode was in "Pre-Flight". I didn't touch anything else. I did not start the pre-flight events.I said "Set seatbelts off", and a second later the mini panel opened, the seatbelts moved to off, then the mini panel closed.Same thing when I said "Set seatbelts on", except the seatbelts moved to on.So I'm not sure why off didn't work for you two guys.Can anyone else confirm the report for or against?Cheers,

I just re-tested the seatbelts and it works for me.I loaded the PIC 737. Opened theFS2Crew Main Panel by clicking the RMI.Mode was in "Pre-Flight". I didn't touch anything else. I did not start the pre-flight events.I said "Set seatbelts off", and a second later the mini panel opened, the seatbelts moved to off, then the mini panel closed.Same thing when I said "Set seatbelts on", except the seatbelts moved to on.So I'm not sure why off didn't work for you two guys.Can anyone else confirm the report for or against?Cheers,
Seems to be working good for me now too. Maybe it was a speech recognition issue and it just had to hear it a few times.I just did a flight and repeated "Set seatbelts on" then "Set seatbelts off" over and over and it worked perfect with the mini panel and everything. I must have done it twenty times with no problems.That's got everything working perfect!Thank you,Bob