Sign in to follow this  
dallyborr

GE2006 and GE PRO

What is the difference between those two? Is GE2006 new version of PRO or what? I'm kinda confused. :(

What is the difference between those two? Is GE2006 new version of PRO or what? I'm kinda confused. :(
Hello, GE2006 = original versionFlight1 product page : http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ge2006GE PRO= latest version, Ground and sky textures installed to match current AS6 weather + custom texture generation ie Overcast,cloudy,clear,fineFlight1 Product page : http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=gepro A quick read of the product page for GE pro reveals:New Region Specific Textures Sets - Ground textures especially developed for parts of Florida, Hawaii, Caribbean, tropical regions, and parts of Asia. There is also new highly detailed rural textures for Europe.New Landclass Texture Sets - New highly improved textures for deserts, forests, mountains, grasslands and foliage.User Color Adjustment Interface - Ground Environment Pro has a new advanced technology which enables you the user to be able to adjust brightness, contrast, color hue's and color saturation to the desired look of your choice."Keep It Simple" Options - One very cool feature and philosophy of Ground Environment Pro is to "keep it simple". Ground Environment Pro will automatically generate new texture sets for you based on five types of weather conditions. From sunny bright textures that contain more defined shadows, and more vibrant colors to overcast textures that give a duller, bluer look for a more realistic feel.Corresponding Sky Textures - Ground Environment Pro has advanced technology to automatically generate or give you the user manual control for creating new original unique sky textures. The sky textures are also matched to the weather conditions, to create a bright sunny, or a dull overcast look.Downloadable Weather METAR Information - Perhaps one of the coolest features of GE PRO is the option to download weather metar information. This METAR information is translated into an easy understandable language for the average user. You then have the choice to use this information to set ground environment to best emulate the current weather conditions.Active Sky 6 Integration - Special compatibility with Active Sky 6 has been implemented.

Hi.yes, the 2006 is older than the Professional version.I personaly would recommend the Pro version to anyone thinking about purchasing this or similar type of product.

Guest FredGherkin

Anyone know what happened to Peter Wilding, the developer?

Hi,An advantage of GE 2006 over GE Pro is that the former is available on CD while the Pro is only a download, and thus installation support is dependent on the continuation of Flight1's servers.Hope this helps,

Anyone know what happened to Peter Wilding, the developer?
Yep!

Guest FredGherkin
Yep!
Why did you even bother with that reply, Skorna? What a...

Hi Fred,Thanks alot!! (oh no one word, not two)I do know what happened to him and shared that answer with you. Do you think I am going to share any more than that? Nope!! If Peter wishes to post he sure will!

Guest FredGherkin
Hi Fred,Thanks alot!! (oh no one word, not two)I do know what happened to him and shared that answer with you. Do you think I am going to share any more than that? Nope!! If Peter wishes to post he sure will!
Exactly, you had nothing to add so next time you might want to keep your mouth shut instead of implying that it's some big secret that you have the answer to, but childishly won't tell. Typical of the real you, though. I'll look elsewhere for an answer.

Exactly, you had nothing to add so next time you might want to keep your mouth shut instead of implying that it's some big secret that you have the answer to, but childishly won't tell. Typical of the real you, though. I'll look elsewhere for an answer.
Mr. Gherkin-I have been following your posts and you seem to go out of your way to be rude at every occasion.Last warning...

Guest FredGherkin
Mr. Gherkin-I have been following your posts and you seem to go out of your way to be rude at every occasion.Last warning...
Follow away. I'm done with that individual. And it's not *every* occasion.

Follow away. I'm done with that individual. And it's not *every* occasion.
It's enough to get *our* collective attention.