Sign in to follow this  
WacUK

MD-11 Cargo - Guinness Livery

Hahaha, I wondered about that. With the Alpha channel the way I have it in FSX, I can use that in the cargo file but also have a different Alpha that cuts out what to show and not show. I'll email you a hopeful fix. Plus I also had a set on stand by that might be better. I removed unnecessary mipmaps from some of the textures and may have also increased the graphics a tad on the others. Will email them to you when I get home.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I sent you an email Dan with my findings. :(
Cool beans, just sent you 3 more sets to try :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I got em, I test them as soon as my 757 flight from EGLL LSZH is over. I'm about 50nm from TOD. :(

I got em, I test them as soon as my 757 flight from EGLL LSZH is over. I'm about 50nm from TOD. :(
I sent the new results.

Your alternate tail only works when the tail lights are on (shows normal tail when off)
I know I already explained this in my email, but for forum sake. I did the alternate textures that way on purpose (to only show when the lights were on). That way I could have the neon illuminate only at night, or when lights are on like in a dark pub for example. Plus to make it more surprising to people since I never seen it done before. I did try to create non illuminated neon for the day texture, infact I spent a few hours on just that, but when put on the tail engine it looked out of place without knowing exactly what it was meant to be, so I scrapped the idea. Unfortunately I think I scrapped about 20+ hrs of ideas on this project, so sad, so sad.

Dan Prunier

For personal use, I decided to add to this livery as I often do with other customs and throw in some more tidbits.I created an ATC name for it (Guinness), so now all the ATC voices actually call me by the name.I also changed some sounds around. I got some wav files online and replaced some default sounds with them (backed up originals of course). I chose to replace a few of the GPWS sounds to make this flying keg a more "ExBEERience", such as:

• For the "2500" callout, it is now a beer can opening sound.
  • "1000" is now the sound of slurping and gulps
  • "500" a different gulping sound
  • 400-100 are the same sound as "500" with the "100" having a nice 'Homer J' burping sound and the Guinness guy saying "That's Brilliant!" at the end.

To top it off I made a few sound file adjustments to some of my FSPassenger crew pack. It's a total riot. I should make a video of it all :(

Dan Prunier

Well I finally finished (FSX). I did the passenger too so she's ready for a few legs. As mentioned above, I added two sets of tail light files. The installed ones aren't the better ones, so read the read me and check out the better files :) Also, I re did the passenger lights a little. I tried to put little silhouettes of some peops on board (passenger version). They lights might be too bright for my liking, but if I keep being picky, this will never get done. Let me know though, I don't mind fixing things, and need to know what others think. I'm going to post links direct for now until AVSIM finishes processing. If the link here is dead, it's because I killed it because there on AVSIM at that time.Oh yeah, please drink responsibly:PHere are some pics of the pax:"Picture""Picture""Picture""Picture""Picture""Picture"And finally the files. For those that download them, let me know how they are, bugs, etc... This livery has a lot of Alpha channel action and not sure how they'll perform on different systems. My guess is disappearing VS and fuse, more than normal (although I only had one issue with hours of testing). I hope to have FS9 versions later also."MD-11""MD-11F"
Hello I'd like to download the guinness_pax.zip and the guinness_cargo.zip but I can not download the zip files, thanks for the nice liveries.JohnLiem

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hello I'd like to download the guinness_pax.zip and the guinness_cargo.zip but I can not download the zip files, thanks for the nice liveries.JohnLiem
Hi John, I had to fix the right side tail so disabled them (small glitch), they're back up. Let me know what you think. Problems, etc...

Dan Prunier

Hi John, I had to fix the right side tail so disabled them (small glitch), they're back up. Let me know what you think. Problems, etc...
Certainly I will, I hope this weekend I can try it and will let you know, and thanks.

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Certainly I will, I hope this weekend I can try it and will let you know, and thanks.
Got home early to day , and I copy the files, and it works just fine, Thanks Dan

John Liem

Dan,I'm back from my business trip and tried the latest FS9 files you sent me. As soon as I choose the aircraft in the drop down I get a CTD before it displays the aircraft in the window. I loaded an older version of the textures and the aircraft loads.

Not much more I can say except go with the ones that work, haha. I had a feeling that fs9 would have issues with the more detailed Alpha for the optional tail set. At this point you've now tested every format it can be saved as (preserving the alpha anyway).

Dan Prunier

Not much more I can say except go with the ones that work, haha. I had a feeling that fs9 would have issues with the more detailed Alpha for the optional tail set. At this point you've now tested every format it can be saved as (preserving the alpha anyway).
Dan, are you going to maje the FS9 files available? I do not have the X MD11!!