Sign in to follow this  
WacUK

MD-11 Cargo - Guinness Livery

Not much more I can say except go with the ones that work, haha. I had a feeling that fs9 would have issues with the more detailed Alpha for the optional tail set. At this point you've now tested every format it can be saved as (preserving the alpha anyway).
Those last ones you sent me; were they in DX5T (I probably misspelled it) compression because I know that causes FS9 to crash as it does not support it.

Those last ones you sent me; were they in DX5T (I probably misspelled it) compression because I know that causes FS9 to crash as it does not support it.
They were done the way they were in the other livery you sent. All 32bit bmp with only 1 mip, rather than the recommended way. The first sets for you seemed to work, but not the optional tail if I remember correctly, then it was just the light glitch of the guinness sign on the right said right? Then it was the optional tail was blurry.Sorry I'm not at my comp and can't access my emails to check. I was surprised the one you sent (that I referred to when saving the last set) worked at all since they were saved the way they were. Especially the tail_LT's because of light banding.
Dan, are you going to maje the FS9 files available? I do not have the X MD11!!
The FS9 is kind of still in beta, having issues with a texture. What do you mean you don't have X MD!!? The livery is only for the PMDG MD-11.Please post your full name to your posts in this forum, per reg rules, thanks.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

They were done the way they were in the other livery you sent. All 32bit bmp with only 1 mip, rather than the recommended way. The first sets for you seemed to work, but not the optional tail if I remember correctly, then it was just the light glitch of the guinness sign on the right said right? Then it was the optional tail was blurry.Sorry I'm not at my comp and can't access my emails to check. I was surprised the one you sent (that I referred to when saving the last set) worked at all since they were saved the way they were. Especially the tail_LT's because of light banding.The FS9 is kind of still in beta, having issues with a texture. What do you mean you don't have X MD!!? The livery is only for the PMDG MD-11.Please post your full name to your posts in this forum, per reg rules, thanks.
I meant that I don't have a PMDGMD11 FOR FSX. I do erealize it is for the PMDG.........Moe Works

Could some one post a link to the FSX files?This is the coolest thing since the md11 came out!-peter

Peter Osborn

Could some one post a link to the FSX files?This is the coolest thing since the md11 came out!-peter
Haha, thanks Peter, The links are on the 1st page and are still valid. I haven't taken them down yet.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

The links earlier on have been disabled since I now have them posted on Avsim and Flightsim.com (Their still in waiting for flightsim as of yet).I did both a cargo and a pax version. You can find them in the Avsim library, just search under Author = Dan Prunier.The FS9 version will be coming soon. I'll update when available.

Dan Prunier

The links earlier on have been disabled since I now have them posted on Avsim and Flightsim.com (Their still in waiting for flightsim as of yet).I did both a cargo and a pax version. You can find them in the Avsim library, just search under Author = Dan Prunier.The FS9 version will be coming soon. I'll update when available.
Thanks Dan, I have the FSX version. I'll be waiting for the FS9 verslon. Moe

Thanks Dan, I have the FSX version. I'll be waiting for the FS9 verslon. Moe
As will I, I still have the beta files you sent me to test but they each have their own thing going.

Dan, i am try placed ginuess livery's in the md11 cfg when i come save the aricraft.cfg file its coming access dined when saving file there any way around that at all using fsx !!!!!!!!!!!cherrs col

Dan, i am try placed ginuess livery's in the md11 cfg when i come save the aricraft.cfg file its coming access dined when saving file there any way around that at all using fsx !!!!!!!!!!!cherrs col
It's probably because of windows nanny and having FSX installed in it's default location. Windows doesn't want to allow you to edit anything in your "C:\Program Files (x86)" directory, which is why I never install my sims or addons in it. You can try copying it to a new location and editing it there, then overwrite it perhaps by replacing it.Also, some access denied messages are because another app still has a hold of it, a reboot can clear up those cases normally.

Dan Prunier

Well I finally finished (FSX). I did the passenger too so she's ready for a few legs. As mentioned above, I added two sets of tail light files. The installed ones aren't the better ones, so read the read me and check out the better files :) Also, I re did the passenger lights a little. I tried to put little silhouettes of some peops on board (passenger version). They lights might be too bright for my liking, but if I keep being picky, this will never get done. Let me know though, I don't mind fixing things, and need to know what others think. I'm going to post links direct for now until AVSIM finishes processing. If the link here is dead, it's because I killed it because there on AVSIM at that time.Oh yeah, please drink responsibly:PHere are some pics of the pax:"Picture""Picture""Picture""Picture""Picture""Picture"And finally the files. For those that download them, let me know how they are, bugs, etc... This livery has a lot of Alpha channel action and not sure how they'll perform on different systems. My guess is disappearing VS and fuse, more than normal (although I only had one issue with hours of testing). I hope to have FS9 versions later also."MD-11""MD-11F"
Hey man,what a great work done here, i tried those links and they are not working. Do u have a link to download livery for fsx?

Hey man,what a great work done here, i tried those links and they are not working. Do u have a link to download livery for fsx?
Thanks Moataz,You can find them in the Avsim library, just search under Author = Dan Prunieror you could also just search for = Guinness and both passenger and cargo version will come up.

Dan Prunier

Thanks Moataz,You can find them in the Avsim library, just search under Author = Dan Prunieror you could also just search for = Guinness and both passenger and cargo version will come up.
Hey DanAny chance something similar for the 744X?

Hey DanAny chance something similar for the 744X?
Hi Phil, I asked you what you meant in the MD11/787 post but you never replied,,, anywho I thought you meant the 747-8 look for Queen and I did create that for ya, but no. I won't be doing a 747 Guinness, at least for a while. I have too much on my plate for the time being and that paint took a few days. Maybe in the future.Something also is the Neon effect wouldn't work on the 747 liveries anyway, it's not lit the same as the MD-11. It would be a huge loss of the livery not to have that I think.

Dan Prunier

Hi Phil, I asked you what you meant in the MD11/787 post but you never replied,,, anywho I thought you meant the 747-8 look for Queen and I did create that for ya, but no. I won't be doing a 747 Guinness, at least for a while. I have too much on my plate for the time being and that paint took a few days. Maybe in the future.Something also is the Neon effect wouldn't work on the 747 liveries anyway, it's not lit the same as the MD-11. It would be a huge loss of the livery not to have that I think.
Dan,Great job on the Guiness livery which I fly frequently. Today I noticed, while at Amsterdam airport, that Martin Air also seems to have a passenger MD 11. Since I cannot find any such livery in the flightsim world I wonder is you aare able to surprise us PMDG fans with such a livery?Look forward receing your comments.RegardsDirk (Netherlands)

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg