Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

J41 Weather radar add on problem

Hello all.

A very old thread, but one I found useful.

Having just bought the RXP500 and installed it in the J41.

The screenshot earlier in the thread, depicting the wx500 fully across the j41 radar is possible. I spent 2 hours fiddling with the numbers in the panel cfg only to discover that when you derive a correct size for the radar screen, the rest of the wx500 gauge encroaches on the FMS and corrupts the FMS display.

I can not replicate a working size radar screen.

The wx500 appears to pick up REX + HD weather. The cloud draw is set at 60 miles and medium, or better still, HD clouds are shown on the radar. So there is functionality.

I also have the Real Air Duke, which accepts the Garmin 530 into its panel. Its a work of art. (The incorporation of the 530 into the panel!)

I wonder if PMDG would do a bit of code that would allow the integration of the Reality xp500 directly into the J41.....?

I can dream.

The J41is still a fine simulation. Its a challenge to fly well. Must still be a seller, I know a few guys who have just bought it.  Given that its Rob's first Captains aircraft, I wonder if he has a soft spot for it and can add another small SP to it?

If anyone reads this, is there a way to alter the colour of the WX500 panel. Its not the same colour as the J41 radar and sticks out like a sore thumb. If there was a way to make it the same colour as the J41 panel it would look more like it belonged to the aircraft!

Regards to all simmers

David.

Hello all. Observing that the last post to this thread took place in 2013 and it is (now) March 26th 2015 as I re-group...  I (now) have the exact problem as depicted in the original poster's image... a gauge within the JS4100 WX gauge. Yep!  This gauge worked flawlessly, on a Win XP Professional 32-bit platform several years ago.

After a break from simming for a few years, i recently re-acquired all of my hangar equipment and reinstalled all of my many sceneries.  My (personal) observation is as follows...

a) Back when I ran the sim and the Reality WX gauge on the JS4100, my PC was running XP Professional 32-bit.

b) The (new and current) PC is running Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit, liquid-cooled, 12Gb RAM(what the what), GTX 760 nVidia, yada yada yada. In other words, this is a fully tweaked and stable-running dedicated gamer running the original FSX Acceleration package (as back when on the XP platform)

d) I can confirm that my pre-break-from-simming Flight1 purchased ATR 72-500 has ceased to work... while my LDS B763 works like a charm

e) ALL of my PMDG products... the NGX.. the B748i... the B777x and the JS4100 work like a charm (sans the WX500 gauge in the JS4100)

After writing financial mgmt software for over 20 years, I'm not unfamiliar with coding and software logic and/or hicups, platforms and OS issues and... KEY: "Software Support"

After trying everything posted on the interweb - to solve the WX500 gauge issue in the JS4100 - on (my) configuration, I can only look in the direction of WHY it/they worked on WIN XP 32-bit (the ATR 72-500 and the WX500 gauge) and no longer on the newer platform.

Unless one is the (original developer/programmer) with acces to source code and logic, I (personally) do not expect the solution providers or suggesters to have a clue as to the innards of muti-prepared PC's and OS combinations and the 'hiccups' that pop-up along the way.

Having vented this observation, I've decided to put "//" in front of the gauge CALL in the panel.cfg and be done with it... just like I took a swig of Junkyard M@@nshine before uninstalling the ATR 72-500. You dont have to go the junkyard route... just believe that - if the developer can't put a stop to the bleedng - bail out 'now' before it's too late.

Three greens (with all functioning planes).

Keith

The WXR500 is obsolete as RealityXP haven't updated any of their products for a long time. But fear not, because there's a replacement and it's free!

Roland Herblot's weather radar gauge is the most realistic available now and it's free from the Avsim file library, although it requires ActiveSky Next. You'll need Microsoft's VC++ 2013 x86 runtime too, if you don't already have it installed.

And he's already popped it in the PMDG J41: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/459050-another-radar-gauge-for-vc-window-usage/?p=3164774

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I have the same thing you have ghucheon except I do not have the unit inside the unit look,  instead I have ghost knobs that cannot be seen unless you place the mouse over them making it look like the radar fits inside the screen,  I am goiing to quit while I am ahead and leave the unit like it is.