Sign in to follow this  
Guest norm99

Crash on Pushback

Guest norm99

Bryan,Super cool product... This is not fs2crew causing a problem, but when I'm at an airport, specifically Princess Julliana in St Maarten, when the crew pushes the aircraft back it can run into ground items and cause ground crashes. Do I have to set the pushback parameters exactly? I'm not sure in fsx what distances are and how far to push the plane back.The other big item not yours but wanted to see if you or anyone else here knows, my Wilco pic 737 will ground crash if an fsx airport tug tries to connect with the nose wheel. I tried searching for an answer, but have yet to get anything specific.ThanksNorman

Bryan,Super cool product... This is not fs2crew causing a problem, but when I'm at an airport, specifically Princess Julliana in St Maarten, when the crew pushes the aircraft back it can run into ground items and cause ground crashes. Do I have to set the pushback parameters exactly? I'm not sure in fsx what distances are and how far to push the plane back.The other big item not yours but wanted to see if you or anyone else here knows, my Wilco pic 737 will ground crash if an fsx airport tug tries to connect with the nose wheel. I tried searching for an answer, but have yet to get anything specific.ThanksNorman
Hi Norm,Glad to hear you like the product.Crashing into ground objects: Other than changing the pushback distance/angle, there's not much you can do. You can try using AES by Aerosoft, however. You could also turn off crash detection in the FS Options menu. That might be your best bet. Best,

I can second Bryan's recommendation - just turn crash detection off. It doesn't really add anything to the simulation and is known to cause problems with some addons and even default programs.banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png

Guest norm99

did it... that works fine. I guess I didn't realize how messed up crash detection is. It's not fun spending 45 minutes prepping and then start a pushback only to crash :( Thanks guysNorman