Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Buttkicker Gamer II

Has anybody else got one of these things? I got an email ad last week from one of the on-line flight sim shops about it and I actually thought it was some sort of joke. But I did some research and watched some independent reviews on YouTube (paying VERY close attention to the faces on the people using it) and since my wife gave me cash for flight sim stuff for Christmas, I thought what the heck? The manufacturers website has a 30 day money back policy and free shipping so the most I'll be out is the shipping costs for a return.All I can say is: this thing is GREAT! After investing all that dough in my flight sim computer, multi monitors, CH Yokes, MFPs, throttle quads and pedals, all the PMDGs, PSSs, JustFlights, payware scenery et al, I was beginning to believe that there was nothing really left out there that would enhance my flight simulator experience any further. This cool little sub-woofer gadget straps on to the base of my chair in about 3 minutes, and ends up adding the one sensation I had been missing from the beginning of mh simming: the FEEL of flying. Just like they say, you really do feel the vibrations of the tires as you 're rolling down the runway, the vibration of the engines through the flight deck, the flaps moving, even something as innocuous as my "FSPassengers" banging their luggage on the bulkhead "behind" me (and is just as annoying as in real life!). I was put off at first by the name and the company's cheesy video but this kit is all inclusive and very well manufactured. In fact I'm not really sure how they can sell this for as cheaply as they do. (The manufacturer website is selling it for significantly less than the FSPilot Shop, at least for the time being, so that's where I ended up buying from.)vvI have no affiliation whatsoever with this company or their products, I just wanted to let you guys in on a great find. Apparently this thing has been around for 3 or 4 years and I'm really just kind of surprised I haven't heard more about it before this.FWIW:<< http://www.thebuttkicker.com/gaming/index.htm >><< http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A80zCEACwVo >>

Guest over and out

I agree with you 1000 percent. Igot one of these about a year ago and also wonder why we dont see more about them? For the price this thing, it adds so much to sim experience that I rank it up there with the TrackIR and top end components such as GoFlight etc.Its really outstanding to feel the thud of the gear extending or retracting into position, the flaps locking into position and the roar and vibration of the enginges, the rumble as you roll down the runway and etc....The really cool effect that I like is when, for example, you are flying a turbo prop such as the PMDG B1900 and the engines sound pitch increases as you accelerate the amount of vibration of your chaire changes to match so it really feels that you are experinceing the engine vibrations. It rocks the sound through your chair and really adds to the emersion factor. I was like you when I first looked into it, a little skeptical, but then completely suprised and pleased with the effects. I can not say enough good things about it. Especially since it is such a simple device and not too hard on the wallet.I also added a headphone set that has vibration effect, and that added even more emersion to the flights. As anyone who has ever been on a plane before, you know that you feel every bump and vibration of the plane during flight and the buttkicker adds this to your sim experience.Plus if you play computer games it adds to them also.

Sounds like I ought to get one of these at some point in time. Of course, it's way above my budget...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Their customer service is outstanding as well. Mine kept blowing fuses, I guess the amplifier failed. I made a call, they quickly sent out another amp unit. I probably need to call them again since I broke the connector between the chair unit and the amp unit (the one with two pins inside), but I made a temp fix and it is working. KJ

I've had mine from way back when they first started making them (they just started shipping them again). I got TWO, one connected to my chair, one connected to my table so I get the same sensation in my hands via the yoke and thru my throttle quadrant. My third one will be connected to my rudder pedals for the feet.Plus, with my vibrating headset I get a full body sensation of every nook, cranny and bump while taxing and a nice vibration when in the air. Closest thing I will come to towards a "Level-D" simulator! :( , Luv how you feel the landing gear when extending or setting your flaps. Mixed with my Track IR, I get pretty immersed into the flight. I highly recommend it.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I read somewhere that this thing is loud and noisy and vibrates the whole house. Is that true from your experiences with it?I'm interested...thanks!

I read somewhere that this thing is loud and noisy and vibrates the whole house. Is that true from your experiences with it?I'm interested...thanks!
Oh yes - depending on your settings it can certainly annoy your wife (!!!) and anyone else who doesn't appreciate the finer points of flightsimming! But I have to say it adds a lot to the realism. It is a bit expensive but I would recommend it, although you need to be a bit careful about the connection between the amplifier and the chair unit (particularly if you have a swivelling chair) as it breaks easily and is quite difficult to repair.Bill

Guest over and out
It can shake the teeth out of your head on the highestsetting, :( but the cool thing is that you can adjust it instantly with the knobs on the unit. So if its a little too much you can tone it down. You really dont have to set it to a high level to get a good effect, even a minor vibration transmits a good effect , then you can krank it when others are not around. Infact, usually, you will want to adjust it on the fly anyhow because different phases of the flight will be louder and bumpier, so as you fly you just reach for the adustment knob to keep it in the range you want, just like the volume control on your speakers.I found that what works well is to make sure any loose screws or hardware on you chair are tight, and to stuff cloth between areas such as the levers on the your chair to keep them from rattling, you want a solid feeling, and this helps keep it quieter.It's really cool..