Sign in to follow this  
Guest AirbusBuff

SSW A-310-300 Alternate Forum

Guest AirbusBuff

Did you turn on the Auto throttle systems 1 and/or 2 on the lateral panel? Also, remember to engage the autothrottle toggle and push the button.

Guest szp

when you're ready to go, should just have to press a go-lever on the throttles: fma shows thr in green for thrust mode (til thrust set), srs for pitch, fmc position update to rwy threshold. do any of those things happen? (remember, not like a 767- you don't press ats on fcu to engage for take off!)

HELLLPPPLike many of you, I still can't post to the SSW Forum yet.I am VERY VERY confused (please pardon me I am getting old ... hahaha) with the auto throttle and takeoffs.1. Setting up the FMC correctly, AT switches on the overhead are on, ready to takeoff ... WHAT DO I DO NOW? (I am probably confused with the PSS an PIC A320 I suppose, and reading about the A310 GO button, makes me think there is a way to engage the AT from a standing stop to set the throttles automatically? (Like on the PSS A320, power up to 40 N1 then ++ to get takeoff thrust ... is there a way to do that on the A310?) (Of course I can always push the throttles, I have a PFC Yoke and Throttle console, so have to be careful when engaging the AT I think ... the PFC throttle should be in a NULL zone I think ... not sure??)2. If the Thrust rating panel says 103.1 N1, and I manually set it, and have even a pitch trim DOWn ... I still take off WITHOUT even Rotating .. flaps 15/15, MAX TOW. Engaging the AP ... the plane simply pitches up to 60 degrees, stalls and crashes ... Would some KIND generous person please take a minute and do a simple step by step "What to do to takeoff" mini-tutorial. The documentation is very well done in terms of describing things, but not a lot on HOW TO.I am SURE this is simply a case of teaching an OLD BOEING DOG new tricks. And I realize it takes time. I learned the PS1.3 747 and PIC 767, and have many many many hours in the PSS A320 ... but I admit I am having a tough time with this one. I'm sure I am not alone here.I do believe this software has the potential to rival the best available today, but for some of us, a step by step tutorial would be very helpful ... If I can figure out how to get off the ground and into a stable climb successfully, I would even volunteer to put together a tutorial ....Thanks so much for any help, insights, and input.

Evgueni,I (we) would.... if possible! I am a registered user for long time but I cannot post. I log in but a window pops up saying it is waiting activation (though I register at the forum many weeks ago). Can you check please? This happens to me and also to many other people. Just see the messages above.Thanks for your help and congratulations on this beautiful Airbus!Edmundo-------http://www.pwp.netcabo.pt/ega

Edmundo Azevedo

Guest nick6440

EvgueniI had planned to purchase the SSWA-310 but decided not to after reading the post on this forum and on yours over the weekend.I made at least 3 bad purchases in the last 6 mos, the last one was an aircraft that I could have gotten for $4.00 instead of $17.00 if I had waited a couple days and monitored the forums here at Avsim and their site. What I'm trying to say is these forums provide a lot of information that help you decide whether or not to buy. I'm so glad that the news LEAKED out and I was able to save a few bucks. Nick

Guest szp

hard to say about takeoff, not having the airplane yet- check the obvious i guess; trim set (after engine start, need hydraulics). do you get any config warnings? cg ok? haven't seen anyone else reporting this problem in the forum. anyway, correct about go switches. pressing a go switch for t.o. engages ats to thr mode and srs for pitch. throttles go to toga or flex as selected on trp. in flight, slats up, go switches give you thrust latch. extend slats for landing, go switches give go-around (thr and srs again).

Guest AirbusBuff

OK you Airbus Lovas I have had the SSW A-310 since Saturday of last week and I must say I have gotten only to the runway for takeoff. I have run through the procedures over and over and I am making prgress. I have tackled most of the autoflight systems and have yet to undertake the FPA...need more info ; ^ }I truly enjoy SSW's work and it is a pleasure to have such a "Master's Edition".I did find that the SRS PRE SET does not work qquite aas it is supposed to. Prior to departure I select LVL/CHG mode and depart. The procedures states PROFILE prior to departure and takeoff. Once airborne, the bus goes max alpha and stalls to a firey grave.OK so I need to select LVL/CHG mode after wheels up and accelerate. I have difficulty selecting LVL/CHg after deselecting it and selecting PROFILE.It will most likely work per the procedures once I fine tune it. By the way, way set V2 and PRESELECT Acceleration speed since the aircrfat has somuch power that it quickly accelerates past V2 in a heartbeat?

Guest AirbusBuff

I haven't found go-throttles yet and still looking. As a workaround I just engage autopilot (CWS) and engage the autothrottle which tends to simulate (to FLEX mode or what have you) although the engines seem to accelerate to the same N1 value all the time no matter what the TRP is set to.

Guest szp

just read post in ssw forum that go levers not implemented- use non-airbus method with at's. more like boeing implementation. seems like ats switch on fcu acts like go levers would.

Guest AirbusBuff

Trim is unrealistic in this aircraft and results in pre-rotation of the aircraft around 120 kts. The flight model is not correct and needs fixing.There are no go-throttles in this implementation of SSw's A310 Must use the autothrottle system to simulate it. Setting TRP irrelevant since N1 is always same.SSW's A310 does not follow the real A310 exactly.

Guest szp

also posted to previous topic-ssw said in their forum that go levers not implemented- it seems they use the ats switch on the fcu as a go lever, a la boeing. also some posts there about weird take off performance.

Guest szp

seems model isn't 100% airbus, so i hesitate now to comment, especially since i haven't got the model yet- please take with grain of salt: i'm not sure what you mean about profile/ lvl chg."assuming" airbus accuracy, take off is either in profile or nothing. in the airplane, when at's engaged for take off, and profile not selected, fd commands 17.5 initial pitch, then commands pitch for v2+10 (srs mode). once airborne at safe altitude, selecting lvl change activates preset speed (vfto).if you engage profile prior to take off, you stay in profile. it's supposed to give vertical guidance from 30' up, to glideslope intercept down. 250 below 10k, eng out accel, the works.again, the manual will give specifics on how they implemented things in the software. they may have had to stray from actual logic due to flt sim limitations. if the manual says you select lvl change on the ground for take off, i suppose you have to do it, but it's hard to imagine they want you to go back and forth between lvl chg and profile.