Sign in to follow this  
gigemaggs99

add-ons and scenery ?s

I've been looking online for scenery and other add-ons.My question is, for FS2004 what is the best overall scenery package?I see from: Flight One both the Ground Environment 2006 and Ground Environment Pro look nice.Then I also see some from FScene 4X which look nice too.Then I also see multiple products from Zinertek.I also have FSX but my PC isn't the top of the line so I'm thinking (please correct me if I'm wrong) but I would be better off getting different add-ons for FS2004 to make it look super nice. Rather than getting add-ons for FSX which. Right?Which ones do ya'll prefer? It's confusing. Some say they are for ground effects, some say they are for weather, some say they do both ground and weather. Some are just for light effects, some are only for clouds. Any ideas and/or opinions would be great.Thank you.

Please search the forums here as there have been many many posts discussing and suggesting add-ons of all types.To get you started, here is a basic list of must haves (my opinion ofcourse)REX (for clouds, sky, runway, lights, etc)FSGenesis or FSGlobal (for elevation data, ie, mountains)Ground Environment pro (for ground textures)Active Sky (for accurate weather simulation)Those are pretty much the main ones. After that it's all personal preference. There are airports, cities, photoreal textures, aircraft of all types, etc.Keep in mind there are also many great freeware programs here on avsim that you can try out.

Also considering my PC is not top of the line when I read some of the reviews for the FSX add-ons they say they will increase the game whether or not you have a top of the line PC or not. Is this true? Will I really see a big difference? Would I be better off getting add-ons for FS2004?Also, if I get add-ons like Cargo Pilot, or Fs Passengers, Air Hauler, etc.... will these scenery, ground, cloud, water, etc... add-ons work while I have those working too? Or are these scenery add-ons only for FREE FLIGHT mode?Thanks, Gus

Also considering my PC is not top of the line when I read some of the reviews for the FSX add-ons they say they will increase the game whether or not you have a top of the line PC or not. Is this true? Will I really see a big difference? Would I be better off getting add-ons for FS2004?Also, if I get add-ons like Cargo Pilot, or Fs Passengers, Air Hauler, etc.... will these scenery, ground, cloud, water, etc... add-ons work while I have those working too? Or are these scenery add-ons only for FREE FLIGHT mode?Thanks, Gus
Here is a nice list of freeware:http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=206889RJ

These last addons you mentioned work perfectly fine with addons like Ground Environment, REX, Active Sky, etc. These last addons all change some default FS2004/FSX files to something more beautiful, while addons like Activesky add functionality to the sim. these two will therefore not collide.However, if you take a scenery addon by Aerosoft, and, for example, one of the Ultimate Terrain series (which is also a must have in my opinion), there is a chance you will have compatibilitie problems. Why? Because both add functionality to the sim that can conflict with each other. So far, I've hardly had any problems with it, but it's irritating when problems do occur. If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about it, though.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case