Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gigemaggs99

How do I open the .fsr files

9 posts in this topic

How do I open .fsr files? I'm on Windows Vista 32.I want to open the tutorial videos from Microsoft Flight Simulator X For Pilots: Real World Training, they are saved as a .fsr. What program do I use to open them?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FSR... FlightSimulatorRecording. A (probably Binary) file that documents the aircraft travel/position/attitude for replay only.Needless to say, you "open" it with FSX and fly it. This is NOT a video file.If you want to 'mess' with flights recorded in this fashion, it would be better to use FSRecorder for FSX - for which you CAN get a 'decompiler' that allows access and editing of recorded flights. Some pretty neat stuff can be done with it, like playing back a recording as "AI" and flying live with your recorded self - multiple times even.I don't think there's any current way to edit/alter the recorded lesson 'flights'.Hope this answers the question behind the question.Loyd

FSR... FlightSimulatorRecording. A (probably Binary) file that documents the aircraft travel/position/attitude for replay only.Needless to say, you "open" it with FSX and fly it. This is NOT a video file.If you want to 'mess' with flights recorded in this fashion, it would be better to use FSRecorder for FSX - for which you CAN get a 'decompiler' that allows access and editing of recorded flights. Some pretty neat stuff can be done with it, like playing back a recording as "AI" and flying live with your recorded self - multiple times even.I don't think there's any current way to edit/alter the recorded lesson 'flights'.Hope this answers the question behind the question.Loyd
How do I view them then? In the book it says to click open and watch the files. It lists them just as they are listed on my PC i.e. Chap_02_Around_the_lake.FSRWhen I click on them my PC asks me what program to open them with. I can't make any of them open it.When I go into FSX and click "load" I can load the file "Chap_02_Post_Mills" then if I click on view and "flight replay" it will attempt to load this Chap_02_Around_the_lake.FSR, but it gives me an error, "file not found. Play ended, press P to resume simulator".

How do I view them then? In the book it says to click open and watch the files. It lists them just as they are listed on my PC i.e. Chap_02_Around_the_lake.FSRWhen I click on them my PC asks me what program to open them with. I can't make any of them open it.When I go into FSX and click "load" I can load the file "Chap_02_Post_Mills" then if I click on view and "flight replay" it will attempt to load this Chap_02_Around_the_lake.FSR, but it gives me an error, "file not found. Play ended, press P to resume simulator".
Deleted.

gigemaggs99are you 'loading' with the Options > Flight Video function? and is this file in your "my documents......Flight Simulator X files" folder with other saved flight files and plans.Chap_02_Around_the_lake.FSR functions normally on my system. Downloaded it 10 min ago.Perhaps you have a corrupted file. You might want to download again.That was a boring flight to watch. I have to wonder what the lesson is...Loyd

How to see the video ?very easy.go in your FSX to Options / flight video, make your choise; play clip

Why are we posting to a 4 year old post that was solved 4 years ago?

Why are we posting to a 4 year old post that was solved 4 years ago?

Necroposting runs rampant here.  :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0