Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Martin50969

Some questions

Hi,Yesterday I purchased the FS2Crew Wilco 737 Edition and so far it's great (beside the frame- loss). But there is one thing missing for me:- no more cabin announcements by the captain ("...this is your capatin speaking...")?Doesn't the FO set the Transponder anymore? Yesterday he didn't. And after arriving at the gate on yesterday's flight the ground agent contacted me but it seemed that he didn't here me, I could say "yes" or "go ahead" or "Ground to cockpit", but nothing happened. And one more question: As I only fly online is it ok to switch off the voice recognition when I'm speaking with the ATC? I don't want Fs2Crew to become active and to do something which is activated by me speaking with the ATC. Thanks.Cheers,Martin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Yesterday I purchased the FS2Crew Wilco 737 Edition and so far it's great (beside the frame- loss). But there is one thing missing for me:- no more cabin announcements by the captain ("...this is your capatin speaking...")?Doesn't the FO set the Transponder anymore? Yesterday he didn't. And after arriving at the gate on yesterday's flight the ground agent contacted me but it seemed that he didn't here me, I could say "yes" or "go ahead" or "Ground to cockpit", but nothing happened. And one more question: As I only fly online is it ok to switch off the voice recognition when I'm speaking with the ATC? I don't want Fs2Crew to become active and to do something which is activated by me speaking with the ATC. Thanks.Cheers,Martin
Hi Martin,Glad you think it's great!1. Captain PA announcements... well, it's voice program now, so it's up to you to make voice PA's now.2. Transponder: He should set it. Make sure you say "cleared" which is the trigger for the FO to start his before takeoff flow. That's probably the source of the issue.3. Engineer at the arrival gate: The engineer will contact you at the arrival gate to tell you that the chocks are in. Trigger keyword to his initial call is "go ahead". It should work unless you manually switched the mode or something.I suggest following the tutorial one more time just to refresh your memory on the various procedures.Cheers,

Thank you Bryan. I thought that it's now up to me to make the announcement :(

Hi Never had any problems with the FO setting the Transponder for Take off , but i do with him not setting it to Standby during the after landing checks , he sets it to ALT OFF , during off line flights its not a problem but online (Vatsim) i have to move it for him to Standby . Rich

Hi Never had any problems with the FO setting the Transponder for Take off , but i do with him not setting it to Standby during the after landing checks , he sets it to ALT OFF , during off line flights its not a problem but online (Vatsim) i have to move it for him to Standby . Rich
Good point, would be good to let the FO to set transponder to STBY in next releases.One more point, engine start switches position for t/o is CONT and not FLIGHT, right? If this is the case, one should look at this point on overhead and change requested callout from captain in the before takeoff checklist.