Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

corkyo4

Ariane 737 - Reverse thrust activates when advancing throttle

Hi allJust getting to grips with the ariance 737, however for some reason the reverse thrust like to engage when advancing the throttle. They dont stay on they simply flick on for a second or 2 then the throttles advance as normal.Now im pretty sure its my stick as this doesnt happen when using the keyboard commands.Im using a registered version of FSUIPC and i have selected my throttle axes to control throttles one a two seperately. I have also selected aircraft specific and no reverse zone. So in theory i only have forward thrust on my stick.But as i say when advancing the throttle a little bit you can see the throttle levers jump back to the reverse then to the correct position.Can anyone advise on how to setup the stick with FSUIPC. Or if indeed this is an ariane specific problem.As i say i think its the stick and FSUIPC but i dont know how to configure itOh and the stick is calibratedThanksTom

But as i say when advancing the throttle a little bit you can see the throttle levers jump back to the reverse then to the correct position.
It sounds very much like you have dual assignments. If you've assigned in FSUIPC do not also assign in FSX -- check the Controls-Assignments there.Don't you get similar results with the default aircraft, like the 737-800? If not it may be related to the way the Ariane aircraft checks the throttle inputs. You say
i have selected my throttle axes to control throttles one a two seperately. I have also selected aircraft specific and no reverse zone
but even with "no reverse zone" selected, using the multiple throttle calibration in FSUIPC normally converts the "AXIS THROTTLE SET" controls to "THROTTLE SET" controls, because they are generally more versatile. You can make FSUIPC keep to the original controls, if an aircraft needs it, by adding this line into the appropriate [JoystickCalibration] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file:UseAxisControlsForNRZ=YesFor this you do need to make sure you are using FSUIPC 4.57 (or later). Here's how this facility is described in the FSUIPC History document:
Added an extra facility for joystick calibration, in order to try to cope with some different add-on practices (notably, in this case, the Wilco A320). Normally, the 4-Throttles, 4-mixtures and 4-Prop pitch calibrations result in an output with either a range which includes the reverse zone, or, if the "no reverse zone" option is checked, a range from 0 (idle) to 16383 (max). These are sent to FS using the older "????n_SET" controls (THROTTLE1_SET, etc), since these are the ones providing the reverse zone below zero.If you set the [JoystickCalibration] INI file parameter UseAxisControlsForNRZ to "Yes", then the NRZ (no reverse zone) option for all three axis types will use the AXIS_????n_SET controls (e.g. AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET) instead, with a range of -16363 (idle) to +16383 (Max). This, of course, can be Aircraft or Profile-specific by editing it in the appropriate calibration section of the INI file.
If this doesn't fix it, and it isn't dual assignment as in my first suggestion, then I'm sorry, I haven't a clue. You'll need to do some Axis logging in FSUIPC4 to see what is happening.RegardsPete

Not sure what your doing wrong but I have two Ariane 737s and also use FSUIPC the aircraft throttles work just as they should, including reverse which I also have mapped.Pay particular attention to what Pete said about dual assignments. Did you disable controller input in FSX and give exclusive control to FSUIPC?