Sign in to follow this  
Guest DomJW

Much Needed 747-400X Repaints.

...if I increase it to much the R,M and N could end up being cut off by one or more of the window openings..The original 757 reg was G-OJIB
True, good thought. Losing any part of the logo wouldnt work, imho.That reg is the one!

Hi againI have revisited the Iron Maiden repaint and improved it as far as I can in line with your request, the main fuselage logo has been increased in size (slightly), and the tail logo has been redone completely (and a lot of cheating was involved in that one) to reduce the warped appearance of the graphic.If you want to take her for a spin here is the link for the files..http://www.filefront.com/15396623/747_Iron_Maiden_01.zipDon

Hi againI have revisited the Iron Maiden repaint and improved it as far as I can in line with your request, the main fuselage logo has been increased in size (slightly), and the tail logo has been redone completely (and a lot of cheating was involved in that one) to reduce the warped appearance of the graphic.If you want to take her for a spin here is the link for the files..http://www.filefront.com/15396623/747_Iron_Maiden_01.zipDon't forget if you want anything changing, just let me know and I'll try my best to assist.And Dan as far as the tutorial goes, you are a far braver man than I for taking a project like that on.Anyway it's been fun doing this one, I have really enjoyed it, thanks for the idea.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson(by the way, they are the shockwave lights in the screen shot)
That is outstanding!!! Im so grateful for this, thank you!!!Ill give her a run when i get home from work and ill let you know.Thanks again mate!

Hi FelipeWhich version of the Varig scheme were you after, I only ask as there are three passenger variants and one cargo variant in the PMDG download section.Or a photograph would be OK.Jim Hodkinson
Jim, here are the liveries I

Hi AdrianGlad to help, I hope she ends up as what you wanted, as I say anything you want changing just let me know.FelipeThose look as though I should be able to rustle up something, it

Not meaning to hijack this thread but since I don't really have a specific one for the tutorial and the earlier conversations about it, figure this would be as good a spot as any.Update: I have passed the deadline I mentioned so am now hard at work on revising several pages (tiz sad). My hopes are to have it done and posted tonight, but since I can no longer use one picture in particular that I wrote 2 bonus sections based soley around, will have to have a complete rewrite, using the same methods of course but through a totally different exercise. That said, I still remain optimistic for tonight, but chance it may not be done until tomorrow since I have already realised there is more to now edit than I thought.One hopeful positive thing about the tutorial will be less requests. Not because they are annoying or anything, but only because people will be able to (hopefully) see how easy it can be and want to do their own. Plus, when doing your own, you can be as detailed as you want.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest DomJW

Sorry I haven't replied recently :)I have to say those repaints are just spectacular! Although I didn't think there was any pink stripes on the real life paint of the Singapore Airlines jet?Anyways, thank you ever so much you've been such a great helpRegards,Dom :D

Hi again FelipeI'm afraid that if the repaints are for FS9 it will have to be put on the back burner for a while, as I have just been in touch with my buddy to give him a heads up that I may need his services only to be told that his system has had a major melt down, the power supply blew and it seems to have taken the motherboard and possibly the CPU with it, the end result is that it will be some time before he will be able to replace his set up, sorry for the bad news if you were after FS9 repaints, but if they are for FSX then forget all the waffle above and I will be getting on to them shortly, I just have a couple of repaints to do for a couple of friends and then I will be free to look at the Varig's.Jim Hodkinson
Don

And just a little history on these two VARIG liveries. The first picture shows a post-1996 livery and the others two are pre-1996. Since the 747-400 only flyed for VARIG until 1994, the only official livery for the -400 is show on the second photo (of course, I

Jim - Just jumped into Heathrow in Ed Force One - Its amazing!!! Thank you so very much for your kind effort. This is now gonna be my default livery!Dan - Really looking forward to your tutorial. No worries for the delay, im sure itll be worth it in the end. We should get it pinned in this forum so everyone can use it.Iv had an idea for my first livery:The Austin Powers 747!!!

Another fine work there Jim, and very fast too!Some of my paints are fast, but seems like those days are over or atleast I can't remember the last paint I did in less than 20 hours. The "Guinness" MD-11 alone took me 70+hrs but then again, it was my first MD paint and of course I had to explore every orifice of every possibility I could :( I'm taking a break, been amending the "tut" for 7 hours straight and looks like a few more to go yet... As we talked about before, I wish I could type with more than one finger per hand :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier