Sign in to follow this  
soldano

Lost runway lights

I dont know why, but I have no more runway lights, including VASI; only taxiway lights are present.- I tried a repair, using the install disks, but after it I could open FSX no more, fortunately I had a complete and recent backup so I could replace the "repaired" one.-I want to know which files are involved with the runway lights, so I can replace them.-Thanks

Hi,You may want to see if you have the following inside FSX's config file (fsx.cfg) under the [DISPLAY] heading.RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=2.4RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.0RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.4RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0Make sure none of these settings are set to zero, if you do not have these settings try adding them and see what happens. You could also try replacing your halo.bmp file, I'm using Nick's small halo file with the above settings. Do a search here at AVSIM (File Library) to find a replacement. Then, just copy the new "HALO.BMP" to your FSX/TEXTURE directory

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Sorry to drag up an old post, but recently I had all runway and approach lights disappear. I have tried the scalar adjust, changed the halo.bmp, etc. and everything else I can google.  Nothing works, no approach bar lights (but on many airports the structures are there just dark), no centreline or edge lights.  This is on all FSX airports, original, ORBX, and others. Hope someone can help before I have to reinstall a 74gb FSX set up.

Thanks David.

Never mind, resolved.  I had Night Environment Berlin demo installed, once I uninstalled all okay again.