Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Flightzone KPDX in FSX

Has anyone successfully transferred KPDX form FSX to FSX?I think that there was a topic on how to remove certain files.If anyone can help I'd certainly love to have my favorite fs9 add-on in FSX.Thanks so much.Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Guest j0nx

Yeah you and me both! This was and still is the best airport addon EVER made and that includes anything that FSDT, UTX and Fly Tampa have ever put out. KPDX is just in a league by itself and even on the old version of the sim to boot. It is the only addon I have ever had that made me swear I was actually hovering over an airport when I looked down. I wish it could be converted without issue. The developer has disappeared into the wind though.

I see their website isn't loading right now but I know there was someone in their forums that posted all the details on getting PDX to work in FSX. Hopefully their site will show back up since you can still buy PDX online.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

I just read the other day that the author of FlightZone sceneries, Stephane Lepage that went by Vauchez, is now working for ORBX.http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=17622.0Maybe he will do an update for the Portland scenery for the upcoming PNW product.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I just read the other day that the author of FlightZone sceneries, Stephane Lepage that went by Vauchez, is now working for ORBX.http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=17622.0Maybe he will do an update for the Portland scenery for the upcoming PNW product.
That's nice. Isn't he the one that disappeared on promises to the FlightZone scenery and Airliner XP projects? Why are programmers such flakes?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest napamule

Because you can get a raise that way. If you get stuck at one job for 3 years you will never get a raise. That is a well known fact. In other words, if the other company wants you, then they have to offer you an increase of salary above what it is now. Three 'moves' in 1 year=3 raises. But, you have to be 'good' or you not only don't get offers, you might just get canned and then nobody wants you, except maybe McDonalds or Dominos.Chuck BNapamule

Thanks for that link. I was looking through that site earlier, but was hoping that a complete set of instructions was created by one of our creative members.I too think that KPDX is still the best add-on ever created for fs9. In FSX, Orbx is the only one that supersedes this scenery, but not by much.The detail is simply outstanding! I'm actually grateful to know that Orbx is now working with flight scenery and fs addon in the much anticipated PNW.I just wanted to see if I could get something now. I really miss this scenery. Time to re-install fs9.

Because you can get a raise that way. If you get stuck at one job for 3 years you will never get a raise. That is a well known fact. In other words, if the other company wants you, then they have to offer you an increase of salary above what it is now. Three 'moves' in 1 year=3 raises. But, you have to be 'good' or you not only don't get offers, you might just get canned and then nobody wants you, except maybe McDonalds or Dominos.Chuck BNapamule
What ?That makes no sense at all, you sound very young. Let me tell you that's not the way it works at all, no company likes a job hopper. It will prevent you from being hired at many places when your resume has 10 different jobs in 12 years.How about you bail on projects like the Airliner xp enough times and nobody will want to work with you, no matter how good your skills.He was supposed to do CYVR for Vancouver +, so I'm not holding my breath on him doing anything for anybody.

Guest j0nx

campbell, that link you posed only takes me to a login page. Can you paste the thread that talks about flight scenery working with orbx? That would be great if so because he is the most talented person in flight sim addons imo. Obviously a flake that can't be depended on for one second but maybe he will stick around long enough to create something for orbx that actually isn't based in Australia...

campbell, that link you posed only takes me to a login page. Can you paste the thread that talks about flight scenery working with orbx? That would be great if so because he is the most talented person in flight sim addons imo. Obviously a flake that can't be depended on for one second but maybe he will stick around long enough to create something for orbx that actually isn't based in Australia...
I am sorry, but no amount of talent makes up for what flightscenery did to it's customers. An upgrade to FSX was promised by the man himself and then poof, with no explanation. Unless he apologizes and makes good on the free upgrade, he will get no support from me. I have to wonder about any company that would bring him on as a developer with his bad track record, do people not have principles anymore? :(

Best, Michael

KDFW

I don't really care about where he's working right now. This thread is about getting KPDX to work in FSX.There are many other add-ons that Orbx has produced that are the best in their class. There will be many more great add-ons produced this year and I will benefit from their skills and talent. They will get my money.If anyone on this forum has made KPDX work well in FSX, please post how you did it. There are many creative people on this forum.It's evident that the creator of KPDX didn't care about it's existing client base. Otherwise he would have created the update.Until PNW comes out, I will enjoy fs9 and KPDX. Not a problem at all.

Guest napamule

PaavoNormi,Well I am not young. I am 69 yrs old. And I have been around Silicon Valley long enough to SEE what I described. You obviously are thinking about work at the grocery store, or at a burger place, or even a gas station. In electronics, and computer programing careers, things move fast. Lighting fast. You snooze you lose. There are highly paid 'recruiters' out there looking for talent and are authorized to make offers for certain skills. If you have skills, and/or talent they will give you a cubicle, a computer, and lots of perks. Flex hours. Work when you want as long as you produce. Work from home if you so choose. You don't even have to come in to 'pick up the check'. It's auto deposited. Sometimes bi-weekly, or monthly, or quaterly. Your choice. Tell your kids to learn math, electronics, computers, chemistry and physics, graduate from college (get that 'paper'). Then you can pick your job. I am retired now but I was in the 'rat race' at one time. Commuted 60 miles daily for years. Job hopping? Only way to 'get ahead' sometimes. Resume? How's 5 pages long? But you might not want to move to San Diego, no matter how tempting the offer. I didn't. The other reason is that if YOU are flying high like an Eagle but are surrounded by a bunch of turkeys, then you change your 'enviorment' by changing jobs. They are not going to fire 'them' (they need 'bodies') so you do what is best for YOU and the heck with the what neighbors, friends, or your 'Mother In Law' says. Or what you read in the forums.Chuck BNapamule

PaavoNormi,Well I am not young. I am 69 yrs old. And I have been around Silicon Valley long enough to SEE what I described. You obviously are thinking about work at the grocery store, or at a burger place, or even a gas station. In electronics, and computer programing careers, things move fast. Lighting fast. You snooze you lose. There are highly paid 'recruiters' out there looking for talent and are authorized to make offers for certain skills. If you have skills, and/or talent they will give you a cubicle, a computer, and lots of perks. Flex hours. Work when you want as long as you produce. Work from home if you so choose. You don't even have to come in to 'pick up the check'. It's auto deposited. Sometimes bi-weekly, or monthly, or quaterly. Your choice. Tell your kids to learn math, electronics, computers, chemistry and physics, graduate from college (get that 'paper'). Then you can pick your job. I am retired now but I was in the 'rat race' at one time. Commuted 60 miles daily for years. Job hopping? Only way to 'get ahead' sometimes. Resume? How's 5 pages long? But you might not want to move to San Diego, no matter how tempting the offer. I didn't. The other reason is that if YOU are flying high like an Eagle but are surrounded by a bunch of turkeys, then you change your 'enviorment' by changing jobs. They are not going to fire 'them' (they need 'bodies') so you do what is best for YOU and the heck with the what neighbors, friends, or your 'Mother In Law' says. Or what you read in the forums.Chuck BNapamule
No, I'm not thinking about "high school type" jobs. I know many white collar jobs that will round file that resume if it has that many past jobs. Saying you will never get a raise if you stay at a job is flat out wrong, I get one every year. My brother has been a white collar employee for the state of Washington for over twenty years. He's been in the same dept for 17 years and makes way, way more than he did 17 years ago, and direct deposit is nothing new. I know moving on is sometimes the only way to move up, my Dad was a civil egineer and we moved plenty as kids. You can also hurt your chances by job hopping, new employees are a huge investment for any company and many will not spend the money on a short timer.The last thing an employeer wants is somebody who is just there for a paycheck, I think somebody of your age would remember the days of people having pride in their work. We are talking about flight sim add ons anyway, a niche with in a niche. It's such a small market that normal rules often don't apply. Flightscenery was a one man show, like 99% of all flight sim add on companies.I just hope Vauchez finishes Spokane and it aligns with Orbx, that way I can fly my Airliner XP from the fsx version of KPDX, through Orbx scenery and land at his awesome Spokane scenery.

I just hope Vauchez finishes Spokane and it aligns with Orbx, that way I can fly my Airliner XP from the fsx version of KPDX, through Orbx scenery and land at his awesome Spokane scenery.
I hope this was some form of humor, otherwise I wouldn't put too much faith in it. I have been wrong before... but of point, Flightzone forums haven't been updated in a LONG time, and the awaited FSX patch for KPDX has been on the burner since FSX was released... several years ago. If he has moved on, good for him, however, as much as I would love to see my hometown including Troutdale Airport (which is only a few miles from where I write this) in FSX in the KPDX package, I honestly believe we will never get it other than in form from another company like Orbx.

- Cody Bergland

(Owner, Jaggyroad Films)

Our YouTube Channel (featuring over 100 OFFICIAL product videos):

https://www.youtube.com/user/valkyrie321 <- CLICK HERE

JaggyroadSig.jpg