Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Avsim file download page freezing (eventually)

HiAm unsure if this is the right place to put this thread but, in the last few days, when I click on 'download' to download a file from Avsim, my desktop goes to the download page and then seems to eventually freeze on it without downloading (having been working properly prior a few days ago). I tried to download from Avsim on my laptop and it works perfectly so it is not a problem with the Avsim site! Also I can download files on my desktop from other sites such as FlightSim without problems. Any ideas please?Thanks,Bill

I think the library is down right now for maintenance.

Jim Wenham

I think the library is down right now for maintenance.
Thanks - will wait and see what happens!Bill

Thanks - will wait and see what happens!Bill
That would be an inaccurate statement, we are NOT down for maintenance.

Brian Sperduto

That would be an inaccurate statement, we are NOT down for maintenance.
Oh ,OK - Well, no point in waiting for it to come back up then! As I mentioned I was able to download easily from Avsim on another computer so I didn't think they were down! I guess I will have to try to work out myself what the problem is! Strange that it is just my Avsim page that won't download and that there is no problem with any other.Thanks to those of you who have replied anywayBill

Oh ,OK - Well, no point in waiting for it to come back up then! As I mentioned I was able to download easily from Avsim on another computer so I didn't think they were down! I guess I will have to try to work out myself what the problem is! Strange that it is just my Avsim page that won't download and that there is no problem with any other.Thanks to those of you who have replied anywayBill
What browser are you using? Keep in mind that GoogleChrome and Safari will cause these types of problems with downloading from AVSIM and some other sites (this is a problem with these browsers that has been around for a while and has not yet been resolved to my knowledge).I recommend Firefox - http://mozilla.com/products/firefox , although Internet Explorer should work OK too (usually). If that's not the problem check your security settings and any 3rd party Internet security software you may have installed in your system.

What browser are you using? Keep in mind that GoogleChrome and Safari will cause these types of problems with downloading from AVSIM and some other sites (this is a problem with these browsers that has been around for a while and has not yet been resolved to my knowledge).I recommend Firefox - http://mozilla.com/products/firefox , although Internet Explorer should work OK too (usually). If that's not the problem check your security settings and any 3rd party Internet security software you may have installed in your system.
Internet Explorer and AVG for security - can't see any problem with my settings and it is not a problem on other sites for some very odd reason!

Internet Explorer and AVG for security - can't see any problem with my settings and it is not a problem on other sites for some very odd reason!
Well, it could be something in your IE setup or AVG being oversensitive. One thing is for sure - the problem is with something on your end on your desktop. Windows Update can change things without your permission or knowledge, so if you updated recently this could be the cause of the problem.If you're having problems with us you'll probably have similar problems with some other sites like Simviation.The only thing left to do is try Firefox (I use it and I'm happy with it), haven't touched IE since.

Well, it could be something in your IE setup or AVG being oversensitive. One thing is for sure - the problem is with something on your end on your desktop. Windows Update can change things without your permission or knowledge, so if you updated recently this could be the cause of the problem.If you're having problems with us you'll probably have similar problems with some other sites like Simviation.The only thing left to do is try Firefox (I use it and I'm happy with it), haven't touched IE since.
Just to put this one to bed - the problem was with my AVG firewall! Temporarily deactivating it allows Avsim downloads to take place.Thank you to all who took the trouble to help with replies here.Bill