Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

My World 2004 - anybody can tell me about it?

Ah, okay, I was under the impression you had it all sorted out and reinstalled. My bad :(
Here are some top down shots of the islands using Myworld2005, GEproII and possibly some UT industrial/commercial tiles may be in there.As you are from the Netherlands a little Fokker action at Aruba to start with.Aruba Top DownBonaireCuracao

Guest jcthomas_9000

cool mad dogwhich addon is doing the most part of the job ?i would say UT redefines the coastlines... how would it be without UT and with only MyWordl LC ?

cool mad dogwhich addon is doing the most part of the job ?i would say UT redefines the coastlines... how would it be without UT and with only MyWordl LC ?
HelloUltimate Terrain as far as I know does not go that far down, here is the map of UT Usa coverageMyworld2005 LC will be calling textures from UT and GE pro, but the coastlines are not UT.They could be from The FS Antilles Group, Antilles2004 package http://www.jg-laurent.com/en/Although I no longer have this installed I tend to copy my saved \scenery folder over to new installations, maybe they were still in there.Season in the sim is winter, the default LC seems to be calling autumn textures.Myworld2005 seems to be calling summer textures which is probably more correct for the area Here is Curacao with Myworld2005 UT Usa disabledCuracao Default landclass with UT Usa disabled

Thanks mad dog! Without a doubt that these islands are improved, if only to get them to be less brown and murky, and more green, as it should be. Looking good to me!As an aside, what Fokker 50 model is that? The PAOB, orVirtualCol F50?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thanks mad dog! Without a doubt that these islands are improved, if only to get them to be less brown and murky, and more green, as it should be. Looking good to me!As an aside, what Fokker 50 model is that? The PAOB, orVirtualCol F50?
HelloIt is the Omwings F.28 by Oliver Moser.Considering that it is the work of one person it has a remarkable amount of systems modelled and terrific documentation, a very nice addon.

I'd be very interested in seeing those screen shots too, when you have the time! I've been looking and looking at the web site and following this thread very closely but I just don't see that this product will add all that much to my FS9 experience. But if it will, I will buy it!

Guest jcthomas_9000

yes it seems very niceso mad dog please can you tell us what addons do you use in your FS9 to improve the worldwide scenery ?

thanks very much indeed for your help maddogi went to the link you gave me and i found the way to solve the problem (in the UT configurator i just had to go back to the original FS9 and then reinstall the UT landclass) it works fine nowi decided to fly in San Francisco but there's no Golden Gate lolAh! The missing Golden Gate Bridge problem. What you need is the file Bay_area_bridges.zip by Mike Mahat available at Flightsim.com. Read the instructions very carefully as he has included in the download a file that needs to used for the bridges to line up with the roadways since you have UT/USA.

Jim D.

quote name='mad dog' date='Feb 7 2010, 07:00 AM' post='1712509']HelloQuantumleap Repositioning Project for Ultimate Terrainhttp://www.qlrp4ut.com/Here is a list of the repositioned objectshttp://www.qlrp4ut.com/Objects%20Repositioned%20in%20QLRP4UTFor me this "fix" did not produce the results that I have with bay_area_bridges as the bridge lacked detail, no foundation under the towers for instance. [Jim D.

yes it seems very niceso mad dog please can you tell us what addons do you use in your FS9 to improve the worldwide scenery ?
HelloEveryones Idea of what packages Improve FS9 differs but after spending way more that I should have I have settled onthe following packages.Ultimate terrain seriesGEProIIMyworld2005 LCMYTraffic 4.1Zinertek Airport Environment 2004Chris Willis's Night texturesFlight1 FSWaterREX 2004 for clouds and runway/taxiway texturesRealsky Pro for Sky texturesFSgenesis MeshAS6.5Then just when I have it exactly as I want it , I start tinkering again but these are what I mainly use
quote name='mad dog' date='Feb 7 2010, 07:00 AM' post='1712509']HelloQuantumleap Repositioning Project for Ultimate Terrainhttp://www.qlrp4ut.com/Here is a list of the repositioned objectshttp://www.qlrp4ut.com/Objects%20Repositioned%20in%20QLRP4UTFor me this "fix" did not produce the results that I have with bay_area_bridges as the bridge lacked detail, no foundation under the towers for instance. [Jim D.
Hello Jim Thanks for the heads up , that does look better.

An interesting topic... I have Myworld2005 and I removed it long ago. After reading this topic I tried it again and again I am disappointed. While there is a certain improvement in some areas, in others things get worse. Where do you guys keep MyWorld2005 in scenery.cfg? I tried a few locations like Scenery/Base/Scenery, then it's own folder which caused to drain all water in New York(!) - city textures all over the place... in the end I put it just above the default photo sceneries and that seems to work best. Still, I am not convinced. Las Vegas, for example looks worse than before. And I also noticed, that MyWorld2005 tends to remove big city centers, mainly showing suburban textures (I am using GeProII)Regards,Jure

An interesting topic... I have Myworld2005 and I removed it long ago. After reading this topic I tried it again and again I am disappointed. While there is a certain improvement in some areas, in others things get worse. Where do you guys keep MyWorld2005 in scenery.cfg? I tried a few locations like Scenery/Base/Scenery, then it's own folder which caused to drain all water in New York(!) - city textures all over the place... in the end I put it just above the default photo sceneries and that seems to work best. Still, I am not convinced. Las Vegas, for example looks worse than before. And I also noticed, that MyWorld2005 tends to remove big city centers, mainly showing suburban textures (I am using GeProII)Regards,Jure
Jure,I don't have MyWorld 2005 but usually every add-on is placed in the FS9 main directory in the "addon scenery" folder or another folder of your choice. I made my own and called it "My addon scenery". Then you 'activate' the scenery by adding it to the library and restart the sim. You probably already know how to do this, but I wasn't sure when reading your post.Jim D.

Jure,I don't have MyWorld 2005 but usually every add-on is placed in the FS9 main directory in the "addon scenery" folder or another folder of your choice. I made my own and called it "My addon scenery". Then you 'activate' the scenery by adding it to the library and restart the sim. You probably already know how to do this, but I wasn't sure when reading your post.Jim D.
Jim,thank you... :( sorry if I wasn't clear in my post; it was too early :( I tried that, I created a separate folder for MyWorld2005 but if I placed it too high in scenery hierarchy, New york (Manhattan) was one big city texture. Until I put it just above the default photoscenery. I am curious, has anyone else experienced this? One more thing, can somebody check the date stamp of the LC files, please? Maybe I don't have the latest version. If I remember correctly, mine is from around april or may 2005.Thanks! :(Regards,Jure

As for me, I'm holding off on buying this. First of all I want to buy PFE with its voice expansion pack. The more I'm busy planning flights with the PMDG747, the more I wish I'd have a good ATC program. Plus, PFE will let me close down certain runways, like rwy 31 at Kai Tak. Last time I flew there I was forced to come form the other side, not over the city, doing the checkerboard approach. And Tel Aviv LLBG: It's great when you can come from the sea side of the airport, but FS always directs you over the mountains, which is terribly silly.After PFE, I might get the MyWorld LC, not sure yet...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Jim,thank you... :( sorry if I wasn't clear in my post; it was too early :( I tried that, I created a separate folder for MyWorld2005 but if I placed it too high in scenery hierarchy, New york (Manhattan) was one big city texture. Until I put it just above the default photoscenery. I am curious, has anyone else experienced this? One more thing, can somebody check the date stamp of the LC files, please? Maybe I don't have the latest version. If I remember correctly, mine is from around april or may 2005.Thanks! :(Regards,Jure
HelloYou should have no need to be creating directorys or adding this to the scenery.cfg the installer will do all of this automatically.The installer (latest version) is called MyWorld2004-LandClass2005.exe (size is 37,643,776)The installer automatically places the Myworld2004 folder containing to following files in \Scenery\MyWorld2004\SceneryMyWorldLCE.bgl (26,514,799)MyWorldLCW.bgl (10,877,932) UnInstall_MWLC05.exeUnInstall_MWLC05.txtThe installer then adds the MyWorld2004\scenery to the scenery.cfgAs I am using this with UT and its landclass sandwich it is directly above the UT entries and below the UTEurCity Landclass and Ultimate Terrain - Ind/Comm Landclass, all of which are above the MS Photosceneries