Sign in to follow this  
rdb

Installation problem

After validating successfully during the installation process, when i click "Next" i get this ugly thing:pmdgerror.pngAlways got to be something :( Regards,Radek

Regards,

Radek

You have to buy legal copy of PMDG 747-400X. I think this message appears when you have illegal/cracked PMDG software. Or maybe am I wrong? I don't know because I don't use illegal FSX addons...

Adrian

I do not have any illegal software...If you're guessing from the titlebar, then i'm 99% sure it's shows "747-400X" because they did not change it in the installer from the previous version.The error seem to be coming from localization (translation) module/procedures within the installer.The strange thing is i've never seen this error before when installing MD-11, 747, 747F or JS41.

Regards,

Radek

Strange... I think you should send your SHA-1 code from Aircraft.cfg file to PMDG support center.Open your Aircraft.cfg file "C:\Program Files\(FSX installation folder)\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG747-400\Aircraft.cfg"and try to find following section:[AFDSAuth]---BEGIN SHA1---XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX---END SHA1---You should have XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX key and not an empty line. Copy this key to your clipboard, open registry editor (START -> Run -> regedit), and try to find if your SHA-1 key exists in registry.Maybe during installation process something has got corrupted.Or just send via e-mail your SHA-1 key to PMDG support.

Adrian

Getting the same error message as well!Have tried Adrian's advice, the code is there in the registry.But it isn't working.Have e-mailed support though, see what they'll say...

Could the problem be, my father bought me the 747X as a gift, and I bought this? Did anyone else buy the 747X with a different email or something?

You have to buy legal copy of PMDG 747-400X. I think this message appears when you have illegal/cracked PMDG software. Or maybe am I wrong? I don't know because I don't use illegal FSX addons...

Adrian

Could the problem be, my father bought me the 747X as a gift, and I bought this? Did anyone else buy the 747X with a different email or something?
I bought the 747-400X and -8i/F with different accounts too!Maybe that could be the problem?

Anyone having this issue, please contact PMDG email support with your order ID, name and email address used on the order please, thanks.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Anyone having this issue, please contact PMDG email support with your order ID, name and email address used on the order please, thanks.
Email sent.

I'm going to buy the 747-8 model and just want to confirm if I need to use the same credit card I used to buy the 747X to avoid installation problems or am I free to use any credit card?

Richard Åsberg

Yep, the different accounts was the problem!PMDG merged my 744X account into my new e-mail address/account.Make sure you buy the -8i/F with the same email address as the 744X!Can't imagine different credit cards would pose any problems though....and Wow! Beautiful bird, and she sounds great too!

You need to use the same customer account your 400X is on, do not try to purchase it with a new account that doesn't have a 400X on it or you will get this problem.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com