Sign in to follow this  
cadi man

V C Views

I have read all the documents,notes,forum entries, and use the configeration to select the 400 and the 8i , as in the past the 400 loads fine and the seatposition or camera view ( or my view) is correct, everything is fine, however when the 8i loads, it is not the same position and this distorts the view and the left post ( between the windshield and the left window, or pilots window) shows an opening at the top and you can see the outside and or the sky,seems not connected to the overhead portion of the cockpit,( unlike the 400 when you pan up it is connected), to try and correct this , no amount ofzoom, seat postion ,up,down,forward or backward, etc, will put it in the proper place as the 400, If I zoom in, its too close to the int panel, zoom outand it shows the sky at or near the top of the post, as I am aware of the movement of the cockpit ,under braking,takeoff,turns etc ,it enhances the outside view above the post,and the size of the post is larger than the same post as viewed in the 400, the wing views ( in front and behind ) are notthe same as the 400, as they show a portion of the passenger cabin in the view ( this does not bother me, as I only view this ocassionally)Windows XP Pro x64 i7-965@3.20GHz Triplehead 2Go 3 -24" screens,Perhaps this did not show up during testing , if the testers did not use the above setup, or I am missing something ,Is this something I can correct, or is it something only PMDG can help with,All the Best RegardsDon NelsonNote to Dan Downs,I read all of your posts,and can not express in words ,the insight and knowledge you pass on to me and others, Thank you for all you do !!

Don,Any chance you can post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Hi MikeThis is the first time I have asked for help, I get most help from reading all the posts and documents etc, and being a non-computor person, I do notknow how to take or send pictures, if some kind person , would explain step by step how to do it , I would sure like to send them in,As pictures would explain it better than I can in words alone,However I know that everyone has better things to do, than teach this old dummy how to take and send them,Best RegardsDon NelsonEdit 71 3/4s dummy

Hi MikeThis is the first time I have asked for help, I get most help from reading all the posts and documents etc, and being a non-computor person, I do notknow how to take or send pictures, if some kind person , would explain step by step how to do it , I would sure like to send them in,As pictures would explain it better than I can in words alone,However I know that everyone has better things to do, than teach this old dummy how to take and send them,Best RegardsDon NelsonEdit 71 3/4s dummy
Maybe I can help as I seem to be having a similar problem. My virtual cockpit view is right behind the cockpit door, in 2d the front panel works fine but when I change views to left or right there is no cockpit just the outside view. Don I hope I'm not hijacking your post and apologise if this isn't the same problem your having, I did post a screen shot of the 3d cockpit. Also I reran the installer and chose repair. Any ideas.Chris Roberts,

Does anyone read the documentation that came with the airplane? This is covered complete with screenshots on pages 6-8.
Hmm, Ryan you would be referring to the Read before flying PDF. Thanks it worked perfectly.And Dan, it still sounds like your having a problem so here are some screen shot instructions for you.When your in your cockpit hit the printscreen button. Minimize FSXGo to your start menu and accessories to open painthit cntrl v this will paste your screen shot into paintsave the image as a jpeg to your desktopcome back to the avsim forums and when you reply to your post in the bottom right corner there is an upload buttonbrowse to your desktop where the jpeg is stored and select itthen upload itthen click on the post where you would like your imagescroll back down to the bottom right corner and select the manage current attachments button and select your imageHope this helps and sorry to hijack your post, good luck...Chris Roberts

Hi gangI trust that I have done this properly, if not let me know, I have more pictures if required,Best RegardsDon Nelson

Hi gangI trust that I have done this properly, if not let me know, I have more pictures if required,Best RegardsDon Nelson
Don, Are you by any chance using Triplehead2Go? It sounds like there is a zoom issue with the viewpoint. Try hitting the + (plus) key at the top of your key board (not the keypad). See if that brings in the zoom a little bit. One more question, are you using a widescreen monitor? If so, in the FSX.cfg file, (c:/documents and settings/(user name)/application data/microsoft games/fsx/ ) look for the entry that says widescreenview=false and change that to true.Let me know if this works,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Does anyone read the documentation that came with the airplane? This is covered complete with screenshots on pages 6-8.
You would hope so but No they dont. Just like they dont even read the opening topic post before asking a Q that if they had read it in the first place would not need asking a million times.I feel for you guys on these forums, i really do.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Read the manuals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHY? We're blokes after all lol so the addage 'If all else fails, read the manuals' fits quite nicely'... ask any woman lolJohn Ellison

HiI would like to thank everyone for the answers to my post, however, to say I do not read the instructions is not correct!If you go back and read my first post properly, I had said, before posting, that I have read, and always paid close attention to all instructionsand advice by the supplier and all persons who purchase items from pmdg, level D, etc, and I read all the posts on the forums for pmdg productsas I have the 747-400 ( over 2 years now) the MD-11 ( Dec 3-2008 ) level D 767 ( 3 years) ,I started to read all the forums on avsim,simvation,level D, flight sim, simforums, simflight,rex, asa, etc---4 years ago,I have had the triplehead 2 Go and 3 screens for over 3 years,and the computors always setup per Nick N instructions ,To Ryan, David Murden,John Ellison, your replys were uncalled for as you did not read my posts properly,To Jason Brown, thanks for trying to help, however, you did not read the post where I listed my setup, and do you believe that I have had the same setup for over 3 years and not know to change the widescreen to true, and also I used the plus and minus key to zoom for over 5 years ,since starting flight simulater,To Chis Roberts , thank you for helping me to send the pictures,most appreciated,To Mike Roth, thank you for the E-mail on how to capture and send pictures, much appreciated,As I had the impression that the forums were to help people who were experiencing problems, however from the tone of ( Some ) of the replyposts, I am left speechless and disappointed,I have only posted questions on different forums 4 times ,in the last 5 years, and recieved good replys , which helped me each of the 4 times,As this was the first time to post on this forum , It will be my last time !!Thanks to allBest RegardsDon Nelson

Don,My post was more in reference to Chris because he posted nearly the exact same screenshot that's present in the manual - if you read his reply, he did in fact fail to read the manual. I'll admit I did assume your post was the same thing - it's very hard to read because of its lack of line breaks and punctuation. Sorry I assumed you were having the same issue as Chris.Unfortunately I don't know what could be the cause here, I don't have a TH2G. It looks like the aspect ratio and/or zoom are screwed up somehow. There's been absolutely no change to the VC vs. the 747-400 though, so I have no idea why it would work fine but the -8 not.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Don,My post was more in reference to Chris because he posted nearly the exact same screenshot that's present in the manual - if you read his reply, he did in fact fail to read the manual. I'll admit I did assume your post was the same thing - it's very hard to read because of its lack of line breaks and punctuation. Sorry I assumed you were having the same issue as Chris.Unfortunately I don't know what could be the cause here, I don't have a TH2G. It looks like the aspect ratio and/or zoom are screwed up somehow. There's been absolutely no change to the VC vs. the 747-400 though, so I have no idea why it would work fine but the -8 not.
Don I seemed to have caused you a few problems, sorry about that. One thing you might want to try is to unhook the triplehead and just go with one monitor to see if you still have the same problem. That would tell you if its a triplehead issue or not.Chris Roberts,

Hi Gang The above post was going to be my last, however I will leave with 2 parting shots, taken on flights from KSLC - KDEN About 1 hr apart,One with the 747-400 and then the 747-8i both cargo, both pictures were taken at the same alltitude and about the same location, giveor take a few nm, Nothing has been changed at this end, I can see the difference, to me it is very noticeable,And futher it has nothing to do with the Triplehead to go , as every other aircraft I have is fine and includes 747-400 M D-11 , level D 767,Every change PMDG made in the 8i is great ; I really like the new lighting , windows, wing flex, high def textures, new sounds,and nowthe gangways match the door,(which I would like to change the elevation on the 400 ) and the new detail of the aircraft;my origional post was not intended to say anything bad , only to point out the difference, that I notice;The first picture is the 747-8i;The second is the 747-400;Best RegardsDon Nelson

Guest 413X3

Sorry I can't help you, but a slight nitpick, you should put the Gear lever into the OFF position