Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

Commander TC115 X

I'm considering to add the (FSD) Commander to my GA collection, I can't find reviews, and a very few comments on this Aircraft. Appreciate any comment on this little Puppy.Tnx in advance YairIvine CA

I'm considering to add the (FSD) Commander to my GA collection, I can't find reviews, and a very few comments on this Aircraft. Appreciate any comment on this little Puppy.Tnx in advance YairIvine CA
HelloVery nice Addon with some nice avionics and persistent damage modeling (engine wear ect).I think it is one of the best GA aircraft available for FSX, and with Steve Small being responsible for the airfile you know it will fly correctly.

I got it recently, and I like it a lot. Panel is outstanding. Overall very impressive.

Guest NRG

Been waiting for this Aircraft for a long time. I am glad you folks brought it up, or I would have never known. It is the plane, if I had the means, I would get. Space and Speed is a great thing. Can any of you offer some insight on your experience with this AddOn?

Guest NRG

So, I bought this aircraft, and it is an FPS killer. The stuttering makes it unbearable to land. I was hoping for Carenado type FPS friendliness, but received far from it. Well, I guess I will save it for a more powerful computer.2.4G Turion X24GB RamHD3250 Mobile RadeonLaptop (tweaked)

So, I bought this aircraft, and it is an FPS killer. The stuttering makes it unbearable to land. I was hoping for Carenado type FPS friendliness, but received far from it. Well, I guess I will save it for a more powerful computer.2.4G Turion X24GB RamHD3250 Mobile RadeonLaptop (tweaked)
Nice airplane, but I agree with the frame rate problem. The VC is one of the best I've seen, and the Garmin 480 operates just like the real thing, but, apparantly, the price is low frame rates. FSD's recommendation is to lower the FSX settings, but at least on my system, I would have to take it below FS9 levels.Dale

Dale

Nice airplane, but I agree with the frame rate problem. The VC is one of the best I've seen, and the Garmin 480 operates just like the real thing, but, apparantly, the price is low frame rates. FSD's recommendation is to lower the FSX settings, but at least on my system, I would have to take it below FS9 levels.Dale
We have not heard of a lot of frame rate issues with the Commander, but results will always vary between system and how you have your FS display parameters setup.But I can tell you that you can buy it at no risk. If it does not work out for you for any reason we will gladly refund your purchase.Tim DickensFlightSim Developers

TD_forum_sig.gif

Guest NRG
We have not heard of a lot of frame rate issues with the Commander, but results will always vary between system and how you have your FS display parameters setup.But I can tell you that you can buy it at no risk. If it does not work out for you for any reason we will gladly refund your purchase.Tim DickensFlightSim Developers
Thanks for the direct response. If it helps you folks, my setup is FSX Deluxe, SP2.

Guest NRG

Another few items I wanted to discuss. Sometimes the VC will not even show up, as if I am riding in Space Ghost's invisible space ship, or Wonder Woman's invisible jet. When this happens, I can feel the FPS increase(Panning and Overall Snappiness). Also, when ending a flight, and at the Main Menu, FSX will lock up my computer(HD going crazy, CPU maxed, no BSD, very sluggish response).

FSD has really stepped up!This is really refreshing. In the early days of fs 2004, I remember when I had a hard time getting FS 9 to work. Installation after installation, and still problems.FSD airplanes were among my favorites, but I had a difficult time with the validation process. All that is history. Not only is customer service top notch, but so are the fsx updated planes that I own. The Commander is one plane that I always wanted for FSX. It's on sale too. Let me go get it now.Thanks for the money back guarantee. :( Any chance of updating the Avanti to FSX? It was my favorite FSD plane.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Nice VC. Nice plane.Unfortunately, it does not work with Win 7 64 Ultimate.In the main window, after you select the Commander, if you try to select another plane you get a not responding message CTD. If you're in the sim and you try to select a different paint, it will not display the VC.Too bad! I guess I'll have to wait for a patch.Really nice VC.

Unfortunately, it does not work with Win 7 64 Ultimate.
It works fine on my win 7 64 ultimate setup. The only problem I have seen is what is mentioned above, the VC is invisible sometimes after I load the commander after another plane. Otherwise great addon.

It works fine on my win 7 64 ultimate setup. The only problem I have seen is what is mentioned above, the VC is invisible sometimes after I load the commander after another plane. Otherwise great addon.
Try this:Open FSX. Then open the Commander. Exit FSX.Do you get an small window saying that FSX is not responding?I have to say that this is one of the better add-ons I've seen. It's just too bad that it has some issues.I contacted support and they want me to send some dx info, but I'm just tired of being a test pilot for software. I want it to work or I just move on.I do think its a fine add-on. If it works for you, that's great!

Try this:Open FSX. Then open the Commander. Exit FSX.Do you get an small window saying that FSX is not responding?I have to say that this is one of the better add-ons I've seen. It's just too bad that it has some issues.I contacted support and they want me to send some dx info, but I'm just tired of being a test pilot for software. I want it to work or I just move on.I do think its a fine add-on. If it works for you, that's great!
HelloI cannot understand this attitudeYou asked support for help , they responded but you can't be bothered?Why ask in the first place?If you pass on the DX info (like 2mins of your time) it may help you and also your fellow simmers.

Mad Dog,I did say that it had a nice VC. :(Here's the latest patch info. For installations prior toApril 11, 2009 New to SR2: * Refined visual aircraft model and texturing * All Load Manager features implemented Issues Addressed: * Some users reported smoke coming from the aircraft wing - CORRECTED * Virtual cockpit switch inconsistencies.-CORRECTED * Instrument display issues. -CORRECTED * CTD on exiting aircraft or changing paint schemes - CORRECTED * Problems setting decimal figures of the ADF frequency - CORRECTEDIt seems to me that others had this problem before me.