Sign in to follow this  
Guest mlegein

Windows keeps jumping in

Guest mlegein

For some reason, the voice recognition software sometimes thinks that I am giving a windows command. For example, during the before start checklist I answer the prompt "Doors..." with "CLOSED". At that time, I get a popup asking me if I want to exit Flight Simulator. I think the software is wondering if I want to close the active window. Similarly, when I say "START RIGHT ENGINE" it thinks that I want to launch a new application (as if I clicked on Start > Programs) and I get a popup of applications to choose from.Does anyone know how to turn this off? Michel LegeinFlorida USAWindows Vista 32 bit Home Premium

For some reason, the voice recognition software sometimes thinks that I am giving a windows command. For example, during the before start checklist I answer the prompt "Doors..." with "CLOSED". At that time, I get a popup asking me if I want to exit Flight Simulator. I think the software is wondering if I want to close the active window. Similarly, when I say "START RIGHT ENGINE" it thinks that I want to launch a new application (as if I clicked on Start > Programs) and I get a popup of applications to choose from.Does anyone know how to turn this off? Michel LegeinFlorida USAWindows Vista 32 bit Home Premium
Do you actually have the windows speech recognition open and running? sounds like you do, you don't actually have to have the microsoft speech engine running in order for the Voice commander to work, I did the same thing with the 737.

Guest mlegein
Do you actually have the windows speech recognition open and running? sounds like you do, you don't actually have to have the microsoft speech engine running in order for the Voice commander to work, I did the same thing with the 737.
Yes, I have it running. I thought it was a requirement. I'll try again without. Thanks for the tip.Michel LegeinFlorida USA

Turn off Text to Speech and should do the trick. 1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel. 2. Click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options. 3. Click Regional and Language Options. 4. On the Languages tab, click Details. 5. Under Installed services, click Speech Recognition, click Remove,and then click OK. 6. Click OK to apply all the changes. You may have to restart yourcomputer.

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Guest mlegein

Yes, turning speech recognition off did the trick. I get 100% reliability now.ThanksMichelMichel LegeinFlorida USA