Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimimac

problems running fs9 since upgrade to windows 7

hi i have upgraded to windows 7 now when i try to run fs9 any time i change view or hit alt to bring up the menu bar my screen goes blank, i have installed the fs9 patch and all the 678900 are all up to date. any help please. jim mcpherson

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As a workaround try switching to windowed mode before using the menus - seems to help in a lot of cases.Think win7 broke somethingJohn Ellison

I had that problem too... It does that too in Vista and 7. I haven't found a fix. I just deal with it. If you go into window mode than it won't do that.Taylor Oldham

I had that problem too... It does that too in Vista and 7. I haven't found a fix. I just deal with it. If you go into window mode than it won't do that.Taylor Oldham
thanks that works, does it make any difference to framerates jim

Not Sure... I heard that in window mode you get a slight fps loss like 1 fps. Taylor Oldham

Not Sure... I heard that in window mode you get a slight fps loss like 1 fps. Taylor Oldham
To me this only happens in the Queen, not in default aircraft, am trying to do a complete reinstall of FSX :(

Not sure why this is happening :( . I'm running both FS9 + FSX on Win 7 with no problems what so ever. what type of win 7 you got?(I have win 7 Ultimate 64bit).

Not sure why this is happening :( . I'm running both FS9 + FSX on Win 7 with no problems what so ever. what type of win 7 you got?(I have win 7 Ultimate 64bit).
im running home premium, my video card is nvidia 8600gt, im hoping to upgrade soon if this problem only happens with nvidia cards then i may move to ati. jim mcpherson