Sign in to follow this  
Jack2416

Flightzone Portland Mesh Patch

I know there's a patch to solve the KSEA mesh problem, but the FlightScenery sit is down.Does anyone know where i can find this patch?Thanks

If you do a search for Portland there was a post for the Portland UT patch.Let me know if the link is dead and i'll re up it.If that is the one you're thinking of.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

If you do a search for Portland there was a post for the Portland UT patch.Let me know if the link is dead and i'll re up it.If that is the one you're thinking of.
Thanks for reply.I'dont have UT, my problem is the KSEA mesh issues that caused by Flightzone Portland.I know a patch that posted on Flight Scenery forum, but the website is down, and I can't find it on google.

Thanks for reply.I'dont have UT, my problem is the KSEA mesh issues that caused by Flightzone Portland.I know a patch that posted on Flight Scenery forum, but the website is down, and I can't find it on google.
I believe it is not really a patch, just a description on how to rename some .bgl's to get the mesh right. I think I have this description saved in a file somewhere on my computer. I'll take a look when I come back from work.

Lennart

Banner_MJC11.png

I know there's a patch to solve the KSEA mesh problem, but the FlightScenery sit is down.Does anyone know where i can find this patch?Thanks
If you are speaking about the terrain elevation issues around the Seattle airport when you have Portland installed, the only way I have found to "fix" that was to disable a few files in the FlightZone02_LC\scenery folder.The files in question are:915150meshl06.bgl915150meshl07.bgl915150meshl08.bgl915150meshl08.bgl915150meshl10.bglI renamed these 5 files with an OUT extension (example: 915150meshl06.bgl-OUT) and the SEATAC airport now displays properly for me.As far as I know there never was an official patch for this problem for non-UT users (i.e. default terrain).Hope that helps.

Hi "Opa"I want to give this a go but just a couple of questions. Does disabling those bgl's have any noticable effect on the Portland scenery itself and I have GE Pro not UT so will it work for that do you think?Best regardsMalcolm "Rooster" Hancock

Malcolm Hancock

Hi "Opa"I want to give this a go but just a couple of questions. Does disabling those bgl's have any noticable effect on the Portland scenery itself and I have GE Pro not UT so will it work for that do you think?Best regardsMalcolm "Rooster" Hancock
I run FSScene and if there is any effect around the Portland area, for me it is barely noticeable.I did a flight a few days ago from Eugene (KEUG) to KPDX and thought I saw a slight difference in the terrain colors as I approached KPDX from the Southeast. It was minimal however. There was no noticeable effect for the airport property.All I can say is try it and judge for yourself.Hope that helps.

Thanks "Opa"Top man as always with help and advice. Sorry for the late reply I have been working like crazy lately. I will give it a go as you suggest.Best regardsMalcolm "Rooster" Hancock

Malcolm Hancock

Thanks "Opa"Top man as always with help and advice. Sorry for the late reply I have been working like crazy lately. I will give it a go as you suggest.Best regardsMalcolm "Rooster" Hancock
Rooster -There is a better correction available now - read all of this thread:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=276523&hl