Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viennaman

problems with thorttle calibration

Hi People,Since i have anew computer (windows 7), i had to install everything new. Now i am plugging my Virtual pilot Pro and go to the gamecontroller - Than i start calibrating - Yoke is fine but when i go to the Throttle - its starts from the middle already and when i increase the throttle it goes down instead up. What shall i do.Please help Marek

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi People,Since i have anew computer (windows 7), i had to install everything new. Now i am plugging my Virtual pilot Pro and go to the gamecontroller - Than i start calibrating - Yoke is fine but when i go to the Throttle - its starts from the middle already and when i increase the throttle it goes down instead up. What shall i do.Please help Marek
there should be a check box beside the button assignment that says "reverse" click on that and see if that works, as for the throttles already startig in the middle you have to set sensitivities and null zones in the options on the menu bar for said throttle.

WHere on the virtual cockpit pro ? - There is definitly nothing on the device

there should be a check box beside the button assignment that says "reverse" click on that and see if that works, as for the throttles already startig in the middle you have to set sensitivities and null zones in the options on the menu bar for said throttle.

It looks like your throttle control has been assigned to the yaw/rudder axis which has a middle stop. Go into FS and recheck your assignments.A rudder control output is equivalent to +value at one max deflection passing through a 0 value and then a -value for deflection in the other direction. If your version of Win has the Game Controller calibration in whatever the Control Panel window is, run it to check the throttle option as move it. It should go from near 0 with the wheel or slider at bottom to full value when turned or moved up. If not calibrate it. Once this is OK recheck your FS assignments and insure there is no duplication. Normally throttles do not require a reverse setting. That is frequently required for toe brakes. Finally as posted check your sensitivity and null zone. Remember to run through assignments for first normal than slew operation. Those are exclusive.If your stick has its own software driver that would sit between it and the Windows Game Controller so maybe there are settings there to check.Are you talking about the (now obsolete) CH Virtual Pilot Pro yoke and throttle? This was an analog device. Did it have the CH Control Manager? If so check that out. CH Control Manager probably I'd guess not run it Win 7. You should not require it anyway.You also might want to look at this extended thread at ch-hangar.com. You'll have to register first.http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/showthread....rtual+pilot+pro starts in 2007 but goes to last summer so it may help. The first post that showed up on a search for Virtual Pilot Pro may have been yours posted today. http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/showthread....rtual+pilot+proAdditional help would be at stickworks.com perhaps.You may have to upgrade to a more modern USB yoke and optionally peds. Be sure they are supported in Win 7 and I would expect so. Try working without the CH Control Manager which might swap things around making it very confusing. I have the USB Flightstick, Pro Throttle, and Pedals. I do have a fully registered FSUIPC which allows me to use non-linear (sensitivity varies along axis) sensitivity for rudder/nosewheel control which for me makes taxiing easier. If you can get CH Control Manager to work you might be able to get that there.When installing CH Control Manager you'll have to run it as an administrator as well as when using it. I also think CH Control Manager may only work with USB devices. I never used analog devices.You might like if upgrading this vendor, provantage.com, for discounts on these three products:Eclipse Yoke with Fingertip Paddles and ProgrammableBy CH ProductsManuf part# 200-616Gaming ControllersYoke - Connectivity Technology: Cable - Interfaces/Ports: USB - Platform Support: PC - Force Feedback: Yes - Additional Information: - 5 axes and 20 buttons - X and Y axes on realistic yoke grips for Aileron and Elevator control (mechanical trim wheel for physical potentiometer centering only)... $113.43Flight SIM Yoke USB - RoHSBy CH ProductsManuf part# 200-615Gaming ControllersCommand the skies with the king of flight simulator controls, the Flight Sim Yoke USB. This one of a kind yoke offers features that will allow you to fly with the realism you've come to expect from CH Products. For Windows 98, 2000, XP, Me and Mac 8.6+. - *CH Products warranty is only valid in USA.... $101.46Pro Flight Yoke SystemBy SaitekManuf part# PZ44Gaming ControllersPrecision. Realism. Control. The Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System is highly engineered to meet the exacting needs of the true flight simulation enthusiast. Stainless steel shaft, ergonomic controls, integrated chronograph and separate throttle quadrant ensure a smooth, accurate and totally realistic flying experience.... $115.13Check out saitek and CH websites for compatibility with Win 7.