Sign in to follow this  
pastorpilot

Lost Default AI Traffic with Traffic X Uninstall?!?

Friends,I got tired of Traffic X bogging my 2 year old system down. I did the uninstall per the manual which is use Add/Remove Progams in the Control Panel. Somehow the trafficaircraft.bgl in Scenery/World/Scenery is still not working.Also I have the FTX AI traffic module form Orbx enabled. When I open the control panel for that I cannot remove Tick mark from the box that says "FSX Dfault Traffic (diabled). I keep clicking and it won't let me remove selection.The only AI traffic change I made was to uninstall Traffic X. I've tried and I can't get a response yet from JustFlight tech support, but of course it is the weekend.For what its worth, my FSX .cfg still has these lines:SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscSimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\TrafficXSimObjectPaths.7=ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAI_AIRCRAFTThanks for any help in advance, Steve

Guest firehawk44
Friends,I got tired of Traffic X bogging my 2 year old system down. I did the uninstall per the manual which is use Add/Remove Progams in the Control Panel. Somehow the trafficaircraft.bgl in Scenery/World/Scenery is still not working.Also I have the FTX AI traffic module form Orbx enabled. When I open the control panel for that I cannot remove Tick mark from the box that says "FSX Dfault Traffic (diabled). I keep clicking and it won't let me remove selection.The only AI traffic change I made was to uninstall Traffic X. I've tried and I can't get a response yet from JustFlight tech support, but of course it is the weekend.For what its worth, my FSX .cfg still has these lines:SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscSimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\TrafficXSimObjectPaths.7=ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAI_AIRCRAFTThanks for any help in advance, Steve
The only thing you have left to is to delete the SimObjectPath.6 line and renumber SimObjectPaths.7 to 6. Make sure the TrafficX folder is no longer in the FSX directory, delete if necessary. You'll also have to go into your fsx/sound/atc folder and rename USEnglishBigOrig.gvp.passive to USEnglishBig.gvp in order to get the default ATC sound back. That might be the issue with your default AI traffic not working.Best regards,Jim

Jim, Thank you for your kind reply. I followed your thoughts and I deleted the Just Flight Folder with the main TrafficX folder that was in the root FSX folder. I also found a TraffixX folder in my SimObjects folder. I deleted that. The USEnglishBig.gvp file in the fsx/sound/ATC folder had the right name so I didn't bother that.My FSX .cfg folder has this listing now:[Main]User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscSimObjectPaths.6=ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAI_AIRCRAFTStill no AI air traffic. There are plenty of ships and airport vehicles and auto traffic, but I still do not have the AI air traffic.If you have any further thoughts please let me know ... or anyone else for that matter. Thank you very much.Steve

I not 100% sure how TrafficX deals with things, but most AI programs disable the default AI. Check in your \Scenery\World\Scenery folder. The default traffic is in a file named something like TrafficAircraft.bgl. If it's been disabled it may have been turned to a .off or similar extension. Just revert it back to .bgl if it was renamed. See if that helps.

Eric Szczesniak

I not 100% sure how TrafficX deals with things, but most AI programs disable the default AI. Check in your \Scenery\World\Scenery folder. The default traffic is in a file named something like TrafficAircraft.bgl. If it's been disabled it may have been turned to a .off or similar extension. Just revert it back to .bgl if it was renamed. See if that helps.
Thank you for the suggestion. I did find the TrafficAircraft.bgl file. There was no such ".off" or similar extension on that file. But I DID find a 2kb file named Traffic_Avalon.bgl.off . I removed the .off extension and fired up the sim and still no AI Traffic. I was wondering. Does anyone know where the flight plans for the AI traffic are stored. There is an FSX/World/Scenery/World/Flights folder, but the Flight folder is empty. Nothing there. WAIT ... I turned on "hidden" files and the folder is full of files. An example is of a file name is, the first one: BRU0014A. There is no file extension. I counted and there are approximately 1200 files in the folder. Could these be the right files? I mean, could there be left over files from Traffic X. I'm not even positive that these are the flight plan files for AI traffic, but it makes sense as many as there are. I would no know how to verify if they are for the default AI traffic or leftovers from TrafficX.Any other suggestions?

Well the the Default AI Traffic is now operating. I received a reply from JustFlight support. Here is their words and the fix, should anyone else encounter this same problem:Go into this folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery Rename the file,

Guest firehawk44
Well the the Default AI Traffic is now operating. I received a reply from JustFlight support. Here is their words and the fix, should anyone else encounter this same problem:Go into this folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery Rename the file,

Just thought I'd liven this thread up again, I have the same problem as you, but this time with SKai Traffic. However, it is still the same basically. I "un installed" Skai Traffic and for some reason the traffic still appears. This is probably because the Skai models are still in my aircraft folder.So I have these in my Scenery/World/Scenery folder:TrafficAircraft.bgl Traffic_Avalon.bgl.offTraffic_skAI_Traffic_v2_3 ...And my fsx.cfg is the same layout as yours, (without the ORBX traffic one) And I get no default traffic? So what do I need to rename to get it working? Thanks, Connor

Its all okay now, All I had to do was delete the "Traffic_skAI_Traffic_v2_3" file and all my default traffic is now back.Thanks, Connor :)

Its all okay now, All I had to do was delete the "Traffic_skAI_Traffic_v2_3" file and all my default traffic is now back.Thanks, Connor :)
Most likely the SKAI traffic file is in FS9 format. If FSX finds even 1 FS9 formatted traffic file the FSX traffic will be suppressed. You will need to convert the FS9 traffic files to FSX format to use both. A good program to do this is AI Flight Planner available in the library.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d