Sign in to follow this  
OPS1

Winglets!

Many airlines now, are having winglets equipped to there 767's. Is there any textures or models, for the leveld that i can add, which gives the aircraft winglets. I do respect that the Level D is an absoloute work of art. So if there is any addons you know of, for a WL model, i would be greatful.

Many airlines now, are having winglets equipped to there 767's. Is there any textures or models, for the leveld that i can add, which gives the aircraft winglets. I do respect that the Level D is an absoloute work of art. So if there is any addons you know of, for a WL model, i would be greatful.
Are there any real 767 with winglets?Carl Perry 7+ year sim pilot

Are there any real 767 with winglets?Carl Perry 7+ year sim pilot
Indeed they are. many large charter airlines in the UK such as Thomson Airways and Thomas Cook are equippting there 767-300ER's with winglets.

Indeed they are. many large charter airlines in the UK such as Thomson Airways and Thomas Cook are equippting there 767-300ER's with winglets.
I think American is already running Winglets as is Delta, I am sure Continental will look into it for the -200's, I doubt the raked wingtip of the -400 is a candidate but regardless, the guys at LVL-D have said multiple times that they will not add winglets without complete and accurate data and they absolutely will not add them to the FS9 version...Would be great to see though ;)-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I only fly 767-400s. and level D 767. That's probaly why I have not seen any in real life.Carl Perry 7+ year sim pilot

I only fly 767-400s. and level D 767. That's probaly why I have not seen any in real life.Carl Perry 7+ year sim pilot
Pretty much every 767 I see over here at O'Hare has winglets on them. That would be Delta, United, and American Airlines. I saw one AA 767-200 the other day with no winglets, but that is a rare sight nowadays. Even most 757s have winglets on them now.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

I'll be flying one next Friday - Hawaiian Air :)For some stupid reason I can't link to Airliners.net - go there and look for a Hawaiian Air 767 at Sydney Australia

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I dared to ask about winglets on the Level D Official and my posts got deleted, topics locked... I don't think that there will be any development on the sim so I bought the Captainsim 767... Sad though, Level D could be way better, but there's not much to do.

Not surprised to hear that they locked your post. Right from the beginning I always felt there was a terribly defensive attitude from the support there, like "Our product is perfect and you are all fools if you think there

Not surprised to hear that they locked your post. Right from the beginning I always felt there was a terribly defensive attitude from the support there, like "Our product is perfect and you are all fools if you think there

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&clie...q=&gs_rfai=using google to search the level-d forum, there are 131 hits for winglets excluding 757 dating back to 2007. clearly it's not going to happen. wouldn't you be upset if someone asked you the same question so many times?
131 hits... Even the numbers prove that there's a demand for winglets. Other developers realized it, Level D did not, or simply they don't care about it. But as long as we have choices, it's not a problem. And we do have.