Sign in to follow this  
rooster hancock 2003

Aircraft refections

Hi AllI need a little help here. I'm doing a fresh install of FS9 and I want to have my global aircraft quality in display settings on high,(that's what it was on before if I recall) but without aircraft reflections on. it seems if I turn off reflections the setting revert to medium low and I get things like black spinners on my Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne props instead of the highly polished ones. :( So I need settings high but I don't want reflections, any way to do this please.Many thanksMalcolm "Rooster" Hancock

Malcolm Hancock

Thats the "envmap.bmp" in Texture folder, within FS2004, which making you trouble. For the best results i suggest you Banana Bob's ENV map. You can find it here:http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page...mm=15&pap=3

My Specification: I CAN RUN FSX IN MAX SETTINGS....i don't care about dell, bell, amd, intel, 60000 wats power supply or alien made graphic card....

Hi DallyborrThank you for your reply. I downloaded the "envmap.bmp" you suggested, but I'm afraid it did not work. I still have black prop spinners and medium low quality if I turn off reflections. I'm sure I could put it on high before without having to have reflections on. Any further help from yourself or anyone else out there would be much appreciated.Many thanks and best regardsMalcolm "Rooster" Hancock

Malcolm Hancock

I'm not sure if you're using high resolutions DXT 32bits. I use regular DXT lower RES works with reflections fine. Wait for someone can answer your solve problem.Stuart

Hi StuartThanks for your thoughts. I am useing lower DXT3's. I am wondering if I can have the high quality setting and turn of reflections by overriding it in the FS9 cfg. Only thing is, I dont know what to do within the cfg to achieve this.Anyone?Many thanksMalcolm "Rooster" Hancock

Malcolm Hancock

I am wondering if I can have the high quality setting and turn of reflections by overriding it in the FS9 cfg.
Not that I am aware of.Also, you cannot have shiny chrome without reflections turned on.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif