Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcomm

FS2004 - Some nice little improvements

> 5) More things to configure in the Config file like "Virtual Copilot" dont know what that does but find it interesting.At first I thought we were going to have a Virtual Copilot to handle the ATC when we step away from the computer, like Radar Contact and ProFlight.But it turns out to be a series of popup help tips that appear in the sim to guide you. For example, a popup that tells you how to adjust the mixture when your engine is running too rich.Bruce

Guest rmce

Another Scottish 'git' waitng for PC world's doors to open tommorow.Sounds great improvment all round.I agree that positive comments are really appreciated. Yes problems will happen as everyone has different 'rigs' and setups.I have found with prvious versiona (All of them!) that just start off with the standard default installation. XP will each boot 'learn' whats best and improve total experience.I am sorry to be saying goodbye to my Dreamfleet JetBlue 737, but am sure that somewhere along the line they will patch/rewrite the whole 737 range for 2004.So, hopefully positive comments tommorrow from myself.RonMacGlasgowScotland

Guest B1900 Mech

Has anyone seen the northern lights, or meteorites? I did a winter flight up around James Bay Canada, And did not see any.

> Has anyone seen the northern lights, or meteorites? I did a winter flight up around James Bay Canada, And did not see any.The effects files are still there in FS2004, so one can assume you'll see them

Guest Coneman

John pointed this out to me, but if you follow the road north from KCOE, the amusement park Silverwood is there, complete with dynamic scenery!! Way to go Microsoft!Todd

One thing I have noticed is that the flight dynamics are updated. Using the default C172 you can slip to land and it actually preforms like the real bird. and I have been able to spin the 172 while in a 30^ stalled bank. Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Nahh, the toilet paper in the 747 cabin is installed pointing up, and should roll down, not good.Allen

ATC let's you "taxi into position and hold" prior to take offWhat exactly does this mean? Do you taxi to the hold line and wait for take off clearance? Or do you taxi onto the runway and wait for take off clearance on the runway?

couple more small things I've noticed are1) AI planes are more visable (without lights) in the sky...not just a small spec but more like a plane but not to big and unrealistic.2) ground lights/city lights seem to twinkle now like in real life.Another thing that i do now is when I fly I have my comm 2 radio tuned into 122.8 and listen to the unicom traffic. Its great to hear traffic calls and I heard my first AI stating touch and go!!I also brought FSUIPC and Active sky and both work great in CoF. I own UT but am waiting to see a version for COF and so I just took my default Commercial planes out of 2002 with the real airline liveries and pasted them into COF. Then I switched out the airfiles with the new ones in COF and placed the orginal folders of the planes in a safe place. Since I'm only going to be flying the small a/c and the lear for now it seems to be a low hasle fix to get rid of the fake airlines.***NOTAM: If anyone cares a great idea while the sim is new in you computer is to make a log of everything that you do to the program including authorization keys websites where you placed files ...everything. That way you will always know in what order you changed things and how to do it again if needed.***Also if MS is reading I noticed that I was cleared into KCLE on a 24C and there is only 24L/24R. Not sure what that is all about but didnt seem right.Kilstorm

Guest MikeEppright

Kemper is positioned much better now than in 02 yet it is still 90 degrees off of proper heading. I'll have to go back and research how I moved it last time. I think heading is part of that equation.

Hi Tony,Yes, I had read that about FSSE. At this point I'm assuming that scenery created with the current version of FSSE won't be useable with FS2004. Oh well...them's the breaks. :) Not only will the new FSSE be able to use any gmax object--which in itself is a revolutionary developement in FS scenery creation--but we will also be able to have moving objects and sound. This is going to be great! :-waveSidney Schwartz [KPDX]Horizon Air flight plans & scenery:http://sidneyschwartz.homestead.com/index.html

Factories now have chimney smoke.Kil~