Sign in to follow this  
graysuit

747X track offset

Hi, I have a 747x (and 747 FS9 also), and run it on W7 64bit. During cruise it has a serious LNAV problem, due to a track drift to the right. Setting again the next waypoint in the FMS doesn't solve the problem; the purple line goes always 2NM to the left; reaching the waypoint the autopilot try to catch it, passing it 747 runs out of the track again. Tried ti reinstall without success. Any suggestion about it? thanks rob

Hi,I have a related problem: Enroute on long distances between two waypoints the plane drifts off-route to the right and comes back to overfly the next waypoint correctly. Afterwards happens the same ...This error occurs even at the MD11 and the B744, both FS2004. Using the flight1 registry repair tool does not solve the problem! :(EDIT: This problem startet while flying on a NAT ...

Hey Tom, how about a screen shot of this? From the description it sounds like a very interesting and unique problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,don't know what to show - I think this will show up only on a video sequence or sth ...

A screenshot of your 2D screen showing PFD and ND and the FMS popup with the LEGS page showing.Need at least one with ND showing aircraft offset and maybe a second one showing aircraft just before crossing next waypoint to see what you are describing. Just two should do it. I doubt I'd watch a video.

Dan Downs KCRP

Okay Dan, I will pin a few screenies ... but this has to wait until I'm back from our holiday at the end of this month! :( So stay tuned and thx for your help so far! :(

After a long, long time I'm back with my issue! Apologies for not answering earlier!The problem is still the same - I'll show it now on some pics:trackissue2.jpgThis is my track!As you can see, the plane is first on course, but it's "crabbing" like hell (about 20deg) to the wrong side - as there is a strong wind from the west I expect to turn the nose into the wind, so it should "look" to the west! But the plane does not, it puts her tail into the wind! Very strong behavior ... sorry but for this I have no pic!So I tried to get her back on course and klicked the next waypoint on the LEGS page into the scratchpad and executed - the plane should now fly straight on! But what happened? The plane lefts her track to the right and the distance between the track and the plane grows up:2011dec18004.jpg2011dec18003.jpgYou see the plane tries to reach the waypoint and turns her nose more and more towards ... when it reaches the waypoint, it is afterwards flying on it straight on ("crabbing") until I once again re-entered the next waypoint by clicking and executing. Then the problem is back:2011dec18011.jpg2011dec18013.jpgNote the growing of the drift within 6nm! It becomes more and more until half of the distance to the next waypoint is reached - afterwards it goes back to hit the waypoint.Can you now see what I mean? I hope you understand my confuse sentences - it's not my native language! ;)I tried the Flight1-Registry repair with no effect ... I've read sth. about a duplicate or corrupt AFCAD-File which could make this problems ... what about magdev.bgl and magvar.bgl? These were also discussed in the www ... What do you think? Don't want to reinstall my 70 (!) GB flightsim with its hundreds of sceneries etc! sad.pngEDIT: I tried it also with no weather - without any effect on this problem!

Make sure you run the registry repair tool with admin rights.

Dan Downs KCRP

Try shortening up your Leg Length between waypoints to around 100NM and see if the issue continues.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

I am having the same problem.  As an example the track is showing 100 degrees and the purple course line along with the FMC are showing 110 degrees to the next waypoint.  So the nose is 10 degrees left of where it should be.  This happens regardless of the length of the leg 4 NM or 400 NM or any other values.I haven't flown her for awhile but I recall the MD11 doing the same thing.I'll try the 737NGX this weekend to see if it has the same problem.I am running FSX on Windows 7 64 bit.Michael Reilly (aka kees)

Edited by keeska

Ensure that you haven't inadvertently set a track offset (Lnn or Rnn) on your FMS ACT RTE page.I seem to remember that PMDG have said that track offsets (strategic lateral offset procedures SLOPs) have never worked correctly.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Make sure you ran the registry repair tool 'as admin' the MS nanny security will prevent it from fixing the error.

Dan Downs KCRP