Sign in to follow this  
steve_1979

Traffic X vs. Ultimate Traffic 2 vs. My Traffic X

Hello,I'm considering getting an AI traffic program for FSX and would appreciate any comments on which is best and why. I've read some reviews but would like to know how they compare. Has anyone tried them? What do you think?Many thanks in advance.

Hi there, if you search through this forum you'll find quite a few threads similar to your question. :(

Hi there, if you search through this forum you'll find quite a few threads similar to your question. :(
Yeah there must be 10 threads on this subject.I used to use WOAI which was really good and free. I cant comment on the other 2 you ask about because I have never had the desire to use them. However, I use UT2 with the latest service pack and its awesome. Features I like are:1. Real world schedules2. Ability to clear approach and stop traffic with a key stroke3. FPS friendly models with latest service pack4. New Power Pack utility to import older style bgl flight plans for flights that UT2 doesnt feature5. Ability to tune traffic to not be visible or spawn based on your altitude or distance from AIOverall I am really happy with it because I can run it at 100% into major hubs and not see any real dip in FPS. Plus they just updated the daily schedule so you can get more GA AI, since a lot of people had complained that there wasnt enough GA AI.You wont like it though if you just want a mess of planes everywhere with unreal schedules and airliners flying into airports that they dont fly into in real life. Also at this time they dont feature military AI, however they are considering it for a future update according to what they said in the forum. Also some cargo carriers aren't featured because they couldn't get accurate data on their flight plans. In this case you can fill in the missing cargo with WOAI or use the Power Pack to inport it from WOAI to run in the UT2 UI. Check out their non registered forum at simforums.com for more info on their product or check this link for more info that what the Flight1 product page gives. http://ut2.flight1.net/

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

As has been said - a search here will reveal a lot.For my 2c: My Traffic X. I've just reinstalled and it's looking great. The latest version is "MTX 5.2b Professional"Be aware that this is almost the same as Aerosoft's My Traffic 2010. Same dev, largely the same program, but NOT in fact quite the same. The AS product is a "quick & easy" version; the 5.2b Pro, as the name suggests, is more tweakable.

Paul Skol

I second the recommendation for My Traffic Pro 5.2b. I tried UT2, but didn't like the way the program injects AI into FSX and at least on my machine, it affected performance pretty bad. On the other hand, MT has been working perfect for me and I like the fact that you have three options to choose when installing the AI aircraft in terms of performance hits.

Great, thanks for your help everyone.I've decided to go for Ultimate Traffic 2 because I already have many Flight 1 add ons which I'm happy with and there are some good reviews for it.

99% of the information about UT2 will be out dated. Since the released their service pack, most of the complaints have gone away. It is a great utility

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

99% of the information about UT2 will be out dated. Since the released their service pack, most of the complaints have gone away. It is a great utility
So you finally did the update, huh? I remember when the beta came out we were both wondering if we should install it. Now that I have the latest I am super happy with it. Now I just need to get to work with the Power Pack so I can import my cargo flights from WOAI and not have anymore traffic bgls.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm really happy with UT2 - you may not see quite as many planes sitting at the gate when you first load it up because of the way it works in real-time with the flights, but I think it's ultimately more realistic the way it does things. The aircraft models look very nice and much better than most of the MyTraffic screenshots I've seen. Almost no performance hit for me with it either.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com