Sign in to follow this  
BartEnder

AI Traffic Sounds in FSX

Hi and hello!I have been using 'A CONSTABLE - TRAFFIC SOUNDS FSX EXTREME EDITION 2009' for a year or more and are very satisfied with it. I even helped Alan in developing alias for UT2.There is also a competitor on the market: 'FLIGHT 1 EUROPE - AUDIO ENVIRONMENT - AIRLINER EDITION'.As far as I know, the Flight1's software is only for airliners. Does any one have a comparison between these two products? Can I use them both? Alan's WAVs for props and Flight1's for jets?I know I can listen a demo, but there is not the same as sitting near KSEA or other big hub and listen to the AI...

Hi,I purchsed the product and then requested a refund, if you want this strictly for AI Aircraft, you may want to look at the following forum posts. http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...DIO+ENVIRONMENTThese are some of the problems I had with Audio Environment-Airliner Edition, some are a result of FSX limitations and are not correctable:1. Since FSX plays AIaircraft engine(s) running sounds immediately, this product can only play the startup sound "OVER" the engine sound already playing, which drowns out or eliminates the effect. Depending on the aircraft / distance to the aircraft in question, you more than likely will not hear the effect at all.2. Since FSX turns the AIaircraft engine(s) off immediately, there is a pause between engine stop and Audio Environments shutdown effect.3. To hear the AIaircraft engine reverser sound after touchdown, you need to be right on top of the landing AIaircraft, move a few feet from the AIaircraft and the sound is gone.4. AIaircraft taxi sound, again you need to be right on top of the AIaircraft or you will not hear the sound effect.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,I purchsed the product and then requested a refund, if you want this strictly for AI Aircraft, you may want to look at the following forum posts. http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...DIO+ENVIRONMENTThese are some of the problems I had with Audio Environment-Airliner Edition, some are a result of FSX limitations and are not correctable:1. Since FSX plays AIaircraft engine(s) running sounds immediately, this product can only play the startup sound "OVER" the engine sound already playing, which drowns out or eliminates the effect. Depending on the aircraft / distance to the aircraft in question, you more than likely will not hear the effect at all.2. Since FSX turns the AIaircraft engine(s) off immediately, there is a pause between engine stop and Audio Environments shutdown effect.3. To hear AIaircraft startup (spool-up/whine) sound over the engine running sound, you need to be right on top of the AIaircraft. Even then, in most cases you miss most of the startup sound effect.4. To hear the AIaircraft engine reverser sound after touchdown, you need to be right on top of the landing AIaircraft, move a few feet from the AIaircraft and the sound is gone.5. AIaircraft taxi sound, again you need to be right on top of the AIaircraft or you will not hear the sound effect.
Thanks for the info, was looking at this myself but won't bother now.