Im thinking of getting the Saitek yoke, throttle quadrant and peddles to replace my MS sidewinder 2. The Sindwinder 2 served me well for many years, but Im in the mood to fly with a yoke and throttle. I dont think Ill miss forcefeed for a yoke. I fly in FSX and mostly in GA stuff. I thought this would be a good choice, but wanted to see what others have to say about it before I pull the trigger in it. I can get the whole package for $240, which sound reasonable.Thanks for any advice.Rob

I have the Saitek Rudder Pedals, they are pretty good. Certainly worth the money.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I've had those for about 4-5 months now. The peddles rock. Only downside I've seen is getting carpet fibers or hair in the slider part. I use mine on carpet with occasional animals wandering by, and I've only had to open em up once to clean.The yoke/throttle isn't bad. The metal shaft makes it look like it'd be butter smooth but the bushings are plastic. It was a little sticky at first but some graphite and spring loosening helped.My only other experience is with an x-52 but I've heard that the CH product is similar.

The yoke/throttle isn't bad. The metal shaft makes it look like it'd be butter smooth but the bushings are plastic. It was a little sticky at first but some graphite and spring loosening helped.
I second this. The elevator axis is sticky when using elevator and ailerons at the same time. Tthis can be very annoying in turns during decent or climb and especially on finals with crosswinds and/or turbulences.Wolfgang

The yoke is an utter crap, putting it lightly. Had two, tossed both. A real joke, I tell ya.

My Sidewinder2 USB won't work in W7 64bit (no new drivers from MS) so I too bought the Saitek yoke, throttle quadrant and peddles and have found them to be an excellent way to fly.I bought them from Amazon.

I have the Saitek yoke and pedals (and throttle quad) upgrading a couple of years ago from the CHProducts versions. Flightsimming with yoke and pedals will transform the experience. Plenty of buttons to map, good feel, adjustable.As far as stickiness of the yoke--yes, like all of the lower priced yokes, it will get sticky. Be sure to use a dry spray lubricant on it rather than a wet spray like WD40. Is it a little aggravating? Well, yes, but keep it lubed, realize that you are not paying for top of the line gear, and enjoy.Randall

Thanks for all the great feedback guys!After reading the responses and previous reports from others in this forum, Ive decieded to keep my Sidewinder 2 for a while longer. I had a CH yoke many years ago (FS98) and the sticking kept causing me to balloon up while landing. It just did not feel realistic at all. I was hoping the saitek yoke was beyond that, but after reading this forum, it appears its not. So my trusty Sidewinder2 is back in business. I love this thing. Ive replaced it several times over the years, but keep coming back to it.Thanks again for the info,Rob

The only yoke, that is ever going to replace my trust FFB2 is a PFC yoke. Probably something in lines of a Saab yoke. But, that comes when I have some money to spend again. Just upped my machine (again!). :(