Sign in to follow this  
larshgf

Error message when starting FSX

I get this error message when I start FSX:SCENERY.CFG file error. Invalid Remote scenery path in scenery Area.115. Click OK to continue.I have been looking in the "Scenery.CFG" file and below Area.115 I can read this:[Area.115]Title=RenoLocal=Scenery\Cities\RenoLayer=115Active=TRUERequired=TRUEIt seems to refer to a town called Reno and this town scenery file is situated in FSX in the folder/path "Scenery\Cities\Reno" like the 7-8 other cities in the folder "Scenery\Cities\". And the text for the other cities looks like the one for Reno. So it is a bit of mystery.!!Of course FSX can start up when you click the [OK] button but it would be nice and less annoying to get rid of this error!Anybody here in this forum that can solve this problem??Best RegardsLars - DK

SCENERY.CFG file error. Invalid Remote scenery path in scenery Area.115. Click OK to continue.I have been looking in the "Scenery.CFG" file and below Area.115 I can read this:[Area.115]Title=RenoLocal=Scenery\Cities\RenoLayer=115Active=TRUERequired=TRUEIt seems to refer to a town called Reno and this town scenery file is situated in FSX in the folder/path "Scenery\Cities\Reno" like the 7-8 other cities in the folder "Scenery\Cities\". And the text for the other cities looks like the one for Reno. So it is a bit of mystery.!!
The error message refers to an "Invalid Remote scenery path", not the Local path you are reading. Check the lines following the ones you list, there may be any error in the next section making it look part of this one, and incorrect.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

The error message refers to an "Invalid Remote scenery path", not the Local path you are reading. Check the lines following the ones you list, there may be any error in the next section making it look part of this one, and incorrect.RegardsPete
Thanks a lot Pete! As Area.120 I had the Addon Scenery which in the "scenery" folder contained some AFCAD-BGL files for a few greek airports, but no files in the "texture" folder. I deleted the [Area.120] section in the Scenery.cfg file and de-tagged the Addon Scenery in FSX's Library Setting.Now I do not have any annoying error messages.The only problem now is off course that I'm not sure what exactly was wrong here? Am I not allowed to have AFCAD-BGL files in the Addon Scenery folder?BRLars - DK

I just checked my FSX - which is FSX Deluxe with SP 1 and 2 (no acceleration) and Reno is not a default "required" entry. In fact Reno does not exist in my Cities folder - just LasVegas, Oshkosh, Rio and StMaarten.Perhaps Acceleration adds it, I do not know.In any case, my Area 115 is the Addon scenery folder (which has a scenery and texture subfolder).And yes, you certainly can have afcad bgls in the scenery subfolder of Addon scenery. Of course the Addon scenery entry needs to be "active" in order for them to diusplay.Your error message referred to a Reno entry - if there is no Reno folder, then that entry is the one which should have been deleted - not Addon Scenery.

hey guys, i found that unticking "addon scenery" in the scenery libary directory in the FSX settings menu removes the area warning 115, however what this does, i don't know... apart from that area warning i'm also missing area 116, i tried to find it but was unable to and what it controls is unknown if anyone has an idea what to do please tell me :)thanks Fab