Sign in to follow this  
Scott434

747-400X Throttle animated action

Is there anything that I can do to reduce the unrealistic constant movement of the throttle under autopilot control? Likely been covered many times but I have recently awoken to FSX.

It works like that in RL for what I know. The Airbuses don't

It's the "real as it gets" flight dynamics at work here, MSFS constant variation in wind, temp, pressure etc create constant variations in airspeed which in real world usually have a very slow rate of change. Be sure you are slowing down the wx dynamics with FSUIPC. I keep changes down to about 1deg/kt per 8 seconds.

Dan Downs KCRP

I slow mine down but even then the throttles go back and forth unrealistically fast. I cannot believe a real 747 throttles would move that fast. Sure they would move but know where near that speed.

It's the "real as it gets" flight dynamics at work here, MSFS constant variation in wind, temp, pressure etc create constant variations in airspeed which in real world usually have a very slow rate of change. Be sure you are slowing down the wx dynamics with FSUIPC. I keep changes down to about 1deg/kt per 8 seconds.
Thank you downscc. I understand the "real as it gets" thing and the as "good as we are going to get" with FSX thing. But the visuals of the throttles subtract from the great job pmdg have done with the VC. (in fs9 I did not use the VC but in fsx is is now very good and fly exclusively with the VC). The throttle action that I see is not in the realm of being "real" (in real life or otherwise) and it is the same as it was in fs9. I do not think that pmdg would have coded it this way which makes me believe that it might perhaps be a "noisy" flight yoke (yoke is the common denominator between fs9/fsx). Ok, thats fine it is what it is. I am interested in your FSUIPC tweak. Do you have a favorite definitive source (link) where I can learn to do this? Thanks!

Guys it's a FS limitation nothing to do with your hardware. I guess if they could have found a fix they would have done so by now. Anyway how often do people look at the VC throttle anyway, even with trackIR? Dan has a good point about wind shifts and FSUIPC smoothing but the animation of the Thrust levers has always been screwed.I use N1/EPR and my throttle quadrant as a indication as to what the Autothrust/Manual thrust is doing.

Rob Prest

Actually, fixing the visuals is a matter of smoothing animations that could be done quite easily, unfortunately only developer can do this. I agree, controls jumping all over the cockpit when autopilot is engaged are annoying. Same in MD-11. So let's hope NGX will be better.

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

I am interested in your FSUIPC tweak. Do you have a favorite definitive source (link) where I can learn to do this? Thanks!
I post this from time to time, must be time again. Using registered copy of FSUIPC:

Dan Downs KCRP

Guys it's a FS limitation nothing to do with your hardware. I guess if they could have found a fix they would have done so by now. Anyway how often do people look at the VC throttle anyway, even with trackIR? Dan has a good point about wind shifts and FSUIPC smoothing but the animation of the Thrust levers has always been screwed.I use N1/EPR and my throttle quadrant as a indication as to what the Autothrust/Manual thrust is doing.
Must be a reason that pmdg did not address this (737,747,747X,MD-11 (don't own it)). It is a trivial math problem to smooth this. Any deviation from the "real" thing would be better then the present situation if it is infact a pmdg issue. Oh well life goes on.
I post this from time to time, must be time again. Using registered copy of FSUIPC:.
Thank you!

Agreed the jerky throttle animation in the 747 (and MD11 IIRC) is shockingly unrealistic and really lets these products down.The LDS 767 has very smooth throttle animation! PMDG should take a lesson from LevelD in this regard! IMHO

Matthew S

Also the default CRJ in FSX is smoother. I agree,I cant stand to have the yoke and power levers in view. Very distracting.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Also the default CRJ in FSX is smoother. I agree,I cant stand to have the yoke and power levers in view. Very distracting.
Yeah I forgot its the yoke as well as the throttles. Come on PMDG please fix this, especially in the upcoming 737NG.

Matthew S