Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Anyone using a HD 5970 with FSX (sp2)?

Just curious as to whether or not FSX will run ok with a newer dual-gpu card, meaning no micro-stuttering, and with AF and AA working.

Just curious as to whether or not FSX will run ok with a newer dual-gpu card, meaning no micro-stuttering, and with AF and AA working.
I used one for a while for the eyefinity, it does the eyefinity part well, but the same old complaints, it drops frames in clouds and with heavy autogen.I was even using the BP=0, but at the time I was not using Bojote's Shader tweaks.

I used one for a while for the eyefinity, it does the eyefinity part well, but the same old complaints, it drops frames in clouds and with heavy autogen.
Even with the shader mod??

I can't understand why that card would loose frames due to clouds. Could the frame lose be due to something else?

I can't understand why that card would loose frames due to clouds. Could the frame lose be due to something else?
I got rid of the card before the shader mod came on the scene, so I can't comment on it.BUT I bought a PC of some guy last night that has 2 5870s in crossfire, so I will try it again with the shader mod and see how it does.

I use a 5970 and have applied many of Bojote's tweaks including Shader Mod 3.1 to my FSX setup, but I will say that I have a highend system so for me FSX is areal pleasure to fly in, no complaints on my part so some things can be argued in pros and cons for ATI and Invidia.

There is an upgrade to the shader mod, Bojote calls it the performance mod for the 5870 cards, I have installed the mod and it really makes my 5970 card really put it out, you have to follow his instructions but for me the only thing that could really turn this sim on is if FSX would run in DX11, I have applied a majority of his tweaks so as always its try and see. :Applause:

I thought the performance mod was for Nvidia cards?

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I have a 5970 CF, very low FPS in FSX,and FPS unstable....I‘m alrealy 1 month haven't any flight....

I use a 5970 and have applied many of Bojote's tweaks including Shader Mod 3.1 to my FSX setup, but I will say that I have a highend system so for me FSX is areal pleasure to fly in, no complaints on my part so some things can be argued in pros and cons for ATI and Invidia.
Where could I find the “Bojote's tweaks” and“Shader Mod 3.1 FSX”? Thanks.

Guest TomOOO
OH! Thanks very much.But the mod link doesn't work.
Go to forum library and type in "shader".I have a ATI 560v graphics card. After apply in the BP=0 and shadermodification I can now maintain 25 fps with water on x2 max and infull cloud. Please backup things - but it will be worth it.

Go to forum library and type in "shader".I have a ATI 560v graphics card. After apply in the BP=0 and shadermodification I can now maintain 25 fps with water on x2 max and infull cloud. Please backup things - but it will be worth it.
Thanks very much.Shader Model 3.0 for FSX v1.5 (Performance Edition) is this right?But where to get the shader mod 3.1?

5870 (Cypress XT)

Speeds & Feeds
  • Engine clock speed: 850 MHz
  • Processing power (single precision): 2.72 TeraFLOPS
  • Processing power (double precision): 544 GigaFLOPS
  • Polygon throughput: 850M polygons/sec
  • Data fetch rate (32-bit): 272 billion fetches/sec
  • Texel fill rate (bilinear filtered): 68 Gigatexels/sec
  • Pixel fill rate: 27.2 Gigapixels/sec
  • Anti-aliased pixel fill rate: 108.8 Gigasamples/sec
  • Memory clock speed: 1.2 GHz
  • Memory data rate: 4.8 Gbps