Sign in to follow this  
Serge

Pre-Purchase Questions

G'day Bryon,I am relatively new to the airliner side of flight sim with the PMDG JS41 my first airliner add on (I have previously been a GA only flight simmer). As such I have no experience with your products however I recently viewed a You Tube clip of the Mad Dog version which looked very interesting and has sparked my interest in the JS41 version. I do have a couple of questions though relating to the integration with FSX.From the screen shot on the product information web page it appears to use FS2Crew FSX is started via the FS2Crew config panel. Is this a correct assumption or can FSX be started by other means (such as using ORBX's FSX GO utility which I currently use) with FS2Crew still loading?With FS2Crew installed is it always then activated or can I disable it for quick flights in the JS41 where I don't want to run through the complete check lists and flows?From reading other threads there appears to be a steep learning curve to FS2Crew. Is the manual available for viewing prior to purchase to get an idea on how complex this addon is? This would probably also help in answering my above questions.Regards,SergePS. Can I suggest producing a FS2Crew JS41 You Tube clip for marketing purposes? :(

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

G'day Bryon,I am relatively new to the airliner side of flight sim with the PMDG JS41 my first airliner add on (I have previously been a GA only flight simmer). As such I have no experience with your products however I recently viewed a You Tube clip of the Mad Dog version which looked very interesting and has sparked my interest in the JS41 version. I do have a couple of questions though relating to the integration with FSX.From the screen shot on the product information web page it appears to use FS2Crew FSX is started via the FS2Crew config panel. Is this a correct assumption or can FSX be started by other means (such as using ORBX's FSX GO utility which I currently use) with FS2Crew still loading?With FS2Crew installed is it always then activated or can I disable it for quick flights in the JS41 where I don't want to run through the complete check lists and flows?From reading other threads there appears to be a steep learning curve to FS2Crew. Is the manual available for viewing prior to purchase to get an idea on how complex this addon is? This would probably also help in answering my above questions.Regards,SergePS. Can I suggest producing a FS2Crew JS41 You Tube clip for marketing purposes? :(
Hi Serge,1. You do "not" need to start FSX from the Config Manager. You can if you like, but it's just an option. Basically once you have FS2Crew up and running with the J41, you'll never need to load the FS2Crew J41 Config Manager again.2. If you don't want to use FS2Crew for a flight, it's simple, just don't open the FS2Crew Main Panel. Easy as pie!3. Steep learning curve is relative. If you print out the tutorial flight and follow it, it's easy. The problems usually start when people try to use it "without" reading the manual.In fact, this FS2Crew will make using the J-41 a lot easier because the FO watches over you and helps you... this is an important because the J41 can be a tricky plane to operate as any PMDG J41 owners will attest.Cheers,

Hi Serge,1. You do "not" need to start FSX from the Config Manager. You can if you like, but it's just an option. Basically once you have FS2Crew up and running with the J41, you'll never need to load the FS2Crew J41 Config Manager again.2. If you don't want to use FS2Crew for a flight, it's simple, just don't open the FS2Crew Main Panel. Easy as pie!3. Steep learning curve is relative. If you print out the tutorial flight and follow it, it's easy. The problems usually start when people try to use it "without" reading the manual.In fact, this FS2Crew will make using the J-41 a lot easier because the FO watches over you and helps you... this is an important because the J41 can be a tricky plane to operate as any PMDG J41 owners will attest.
Thanks for the quick response Bryan (apologies for spelling your name incorrectly in my first post :( ).One final quick question. Will FS2Crew for the JS41 be available from The Flightsim Store like your other products? It's not a big deal but as I already have an account there I thought I'd ask.Thanks,Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

Thanks for the quick response Bryan (apologies for spelling your name incorrectly in my first post :( ).One final quick question. Will FS2Crew for the JS41 be available from The Flightsim Store like your other products? It's not a big deal but as I already have an account there I thought I'd ask.Thanks,Serge
At some point in the future probably.But creating an account on the FS2Crew website takes all of 10 seconds.Cheers,