Sign in to follow this  
Mikenor

Can't remove stop latches

Hi Bryan - loaded FS2Crew and again can't remove the stop latches - this was while "not" using FS2Crew. This is starting to drive me crazy! Just did another test where I started FS2Crew and set up "run pf" to bring the aircraft to the first flight of the day. When I do this, should the props be feathered? Mine aren't... With FS2Crew loaded, using it or not using it, when I reverse the throttle to remove the stop latches the egt elevates and if I don't bring it back to neutral either the engines catch fire or the aircraft flips over. I am using Windows 7 64 bit, can this be a Windows issue? If I can't resolve this I will have to remove FS2Crew and fly the aircraft without it. I did print the FS2Crew main ops manual but this should be a non issue as I am trying to start the aircraft without using the FS2Crew software. As mentioned previously, when I remove FS2Crew the issue goes away.Please let me know.Thanks,Mike

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada

Hi Mike,It makes no differences what happens to the props when you click PF. I've noticed from my own experience it can go both ways.What matters is that when you attempt to start the engines that the props be unfeathered.If you're using FS2Crew, the FO will not start the engines if the props are in the feathered position.In fact, if you're following the FS2Crew tutorial, the FO will say something like "the props are still feathered! watch that!" when you command "Start Engine Left/Right".Please try this...I suspect your joystick throttle may be messing things up a bit.As a test, disable your joystick via the Flight Simulator controls/options menu.When you need to move the throttle, use the mouse to grab each throttle handle and position it.See what happens then.What would be really helpful is if you could record a video of this so I can see what you're doing first hand.

Hello Bryan,I'm having the same problem only with an added twist.When FS2Crew is activated through the configuration manager, the props will not unfeather. I pull the throttles back using my mouse, and attempt to unfeather using the switch, but nothing happens. The unfeather doesn't function and the FO says that I cannot start the engines because the props are feathered.Also my FPS drops to a miserable 4.5 at a default FSX airport when using FS2Crew.Then I remove FS2Crew from the config file through the manager and my props unfeather perfectly and my FPS is over 15 at a payware airport with AI traffic (EDDT).I don't know what is going on. This is the first chance I have had to use FS2Crew with the J41.Bob

Hi Bob,FS2Crew doesn't interfere with internal PMDG code, so I'm not sure.Is the aircraft powered when you attempt to unfeather the probs?Does your PMDG J41 have the PMDG J41 SP1 installed?Frames: Only thing I can think of is that your Speech Recognizer is not set to English - US.If it's set to English - UK, your frames will drop by a massive amount.Other than that, try defragging your hard drive and run a full anti-virus scan.Best,

Again, I know it must be something I am doing wrong but cant think of it. I did the engine startup exactly as the PMDG forum startup guide Mike
Its sound to me your not setting up FS2Crew as you should, start from "the" start 30 and let the FO run thought to set up Cold and dark.Everything from that point on is perfect.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi Bob,FS2Crew doesn't interfere with internal PMDG code, so I'm not sure.Is the aircraft powered when you attempt to unfeather the probs?Does your PMDG J41 have the PMDG J41 SP1 installed?Frames: Only thing I can think of is that your Speech Recognizer is not set to English - US.If it's set to English - UK, your frames will drop by a massive amount.Other than that, try defragging your hard drive and run a full anti-virus scan.Best,
Hello Bryan,I will try it again tonight and I'm taking tomorrow off, so I will have some time to work with it.Yes, the airplane is powered when I try to unfeather. It is like the switch is disabled with FS2Crew. It will unfeather perfectly in the same conditions without FS2Crew activated in the Config Manager.Also my FPS are very smooth without FS2Crew.I have Diskeeper 2010 Premium, which keeps my harddrives defragged all the time. I have even checked them with Ultimate Defrag and there is no fragmentation.I keep Microsoft Essentials running all the time.I do have the SP1 installed for the J41.My speech recognition says "Microsoft Speech Recognizer 8.0 for Windows (English - US).I am allowing the FO to set up the airplane "Cold & Dark" at the start.Right now FS2Crew is disabled. I will make a flight, then restart with FS2Crew enabled and see if I still have the problem.Thank you,Bob

Don't know how I did it but after uninstalling and re-installing both FS2Crew and JS41 (again) it now works and I am able to remove the stop latches. Thanks to all for your input - as I said before, I'm sure it was something I did. Loving the program - well done Bryan!Mike

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada

Don't know how I did it but after uninstalling and re-installing both FS2Crew and JS41 (again) it now works and I am able to remove the stop latches. Thanks to all for your input - as I said before, I'm sure it was something I did. Loving the program - well done Bryan!Mike
Hi Mike,Glad you got it resolved. You had me scratching my head there!Cheers,

Hi Mike,Glad you got it resolved. You had me scratching my head there!Cheers,
Hello Bryan,I also got the unfeathering problem solved simply by making sure that the props were unfeathered before starting FS2Crew.I also had to uninstall and reinstall the J41 in order to get it to work. I did not try to reinstall FS2Crew. I may do that also now.I'm finding the combination to be extremely unstable.I can make a complete flight with FS2Crew disabled, but if it is enabled, FSX crashes either during the early flight or during the preparation.I clicked on the "HM" button this last time and FSX locked up and crashed.I spent all day working with it without any luck, except figuring how to unfeather the props.I will once again uninstall the J41 and FS2Crew and reinstall everything, making one flight without FS2Crew first.I'm beginning to think that the problem is not so much FS2Crew as it is the J41. I don't believe it is working the way it is supposed to.Maybe they will fix it with SP2.Really I believe that this FS2Crew is the best one you have made yet, and all of them have been home runs. if I can figure out what my problem is I am going to enjoy this version quite a lot. This version seems more like a real interaction with a first officer. It's a lot of fun until FSX crashes and blows the party.Thank you,Bob

Hello Bryan,I also got the unfeathering problem solved simply by making sure that the props were unfeathered before starting FS2Crew.I also had to uninstall and reinstall the J41 in order to get it to work. I did not try to reinstall FS2Crew. I may do that also now.I'm finding the combination to be extremely unstable.I can make a complete flight with FS2Crew disabled, but if it is enabled, FSX crashes either during the early flight or during the preparation.I clicked on the "HM" button this last time and FSX locked up and crashed.I spent all day working with it without any luck, except figuring how to unfeather the props.I will once again uninstall the J41 and FS2Crew and reinstall everything, making one flight without FS2Crew first.I'm beginning to think that the problem is not so much FS2Crew as it is the J41. I don't believe it is working the way it is supposed to.Maybe they will fix it with SP2.Really I believe that this FS2Crew is the best one you have made yet, and all of them have been home runs. if I can figure out what my problem is I am going to enjoy this version quite a lot. This version seems more like a real interaction with a first officer. It's a lot of fun until FSX crashes and blows the party.Thank you,Bob
Hello Bob,Glad you got that sorted. I can't explain why that happens in your situation because it doesn't in mine, but the important thing is it works.The PMDG J-41 itself is rock solid stable for me, but computers don't all behave the same way. It would be nice if everyone ran the exact same hardware, but c'est la vie. I hope PMDG releases SP2 soon as well as SP2 will unlock additional functionality in FS2Crew Jetstream.HM Crash... I don't have enough info to comment, but the only known thing that can cause problem is if you plug in or unplug your USB headset *after* you've loaded FS2Crew.Best,

Hello Bryan,I figured out why the J41 was causing FSX to crash. I went through my DLL.XML file and turned off a couple of modules that I thought might be questionable and which I wasn't using anyway, and now I can consistently get a wonderful and complete flight with the J41 over and over again, as long as FS2Crew was not activated. But when FS2Crew was activated, I would still get the message "Can't Load".Then I would have to uninstall the J41 and re-install it to get it to work by itself again. And again, if I installed FS2Crew into it, it would not load. Mmmmmm......Well (Hallelujah!), I found the problem with FS2Crew and my J41. When I start the FS2Crew manager and select to have it activated in the PMDG J41, it is adding it's little inputs into the panel.cfg and panel_HIDEF.cfg but it is messing up the numbering sequence within both config files.After using the FS2Crew manager, I was ending up with [Window00] on the first line, then [Window00] on the second line. So I simply manually re-numbered the window instructions sequentially in both the panel.cfg and the panel_HIDEF.cfg files so they both match and...(VUALA!) the PMDG J41 loads up and works perfectly with the FS2Crew 2010 Voice Command. Simple solution for a big problem.Now I have to get busy learning to fly the J41 with this great software.Thanks,Bob

Hello Bryan,I figured out why the J41 was causing FSX to crash. I went through my DLL.XML file and turned off a couple of modules that I thought might be questionable and which I wasn't using anyway, and now I can consistently get a wonderful and complete flight with the J41 over and over again, as long as FS2Crew was not activated. But when FS2Crew was activated, I would still get the message "Can't Load".Then I would have to uninstall the J41 and re-install it to get it to work by itself again. And again, if I installed FS2Crew into it, it would not load. Mmmmmm......Well (Hallelujah!), I found the problem with FS2Crew and my J41. When I start the FS2Crew manager and select to have it activated in the PMDG J41, it is adding it's little inputs into the panel.cfg and panel_HIDEF.cfg but it is messing up the numbering sequence within both config files.After using the FS2Crew manager, I was ending up with [Window00] on the first line, then [Window00] on the second line. So I simply manually re-numbered the window instructions sequentially in both the panel.cfg and the panel_HIDEF.cfg files so they both match and...(VUALA!) the PMDG J41 loads up and works perfectly with the FS2Crew 2010 Voice Command. Simple solution for a big problem.Now I have to get busy learning to fly the J41 with this great software.Thanks,Bob
Hi Bob,Glad you finally got it sorted! You should share that info on the PMDG forum as I know other people have unexplained crashes.As for the panel.cfg issue: You must have ran something after installing FS2Crew that tried modifying the J41's panel.cfg files (and threw the window/gauge numbering out of whack in the cfg).Best,

Hi Bob,Glad you finally got it sorted! You should share that info on the PMDG forum as I know other people have unexplained crashes.As for the panel.cfg issue: You must have ran something after installing FS2Crew that tried modifying the J41's panel.cfg files (and threw the window/gauge numbering out of whack in the cfg).Best,
Bryan, I don't know what happened. I uninstalled both the J41 and FS2Crew and re-installed them with the same results. If I use the manager to set the J41 .cfg files, I will get a "Can't Load!" error every time, even after running the J41 manager and saving.After getting into the .cfg files and re-numbering the windows, I've got the J41 working perfectly with FS2Crew and the Video Marshaller both.I've done two flights today and both went perfectly.I'll check the PMDG forum to post in there about my fix for the FSX crash.

Hello fellow Flightsimmers,

unfortunately I am - all of a sudden - stuck with this very problem. I use FS2CREW on the NGX and now want to upgrade as many A/Cs as possible with this great product. My newest aquisition is the Voice Control for the J41.

I had a rather long day researching the problem and its solutions and came to my wit's end. The Problem: after loading the PMDG J41 with FS2CREW Voice Control some parts of the (virtual) cockpit are non-functional. The throttle levers aren't moving, even worse the condition levers won't budge - making a proper startup impossible -, the flaps lever will only move to the first setting (9) and the displays are dark.

I searched the PMDG support forum and the FS2CREW forum for a solution. The ones suggested didn't do the job. I even took the time to reinstall FS X... which is quite a feat and took some hours now. The PMDG J41 worked fine till I installed and FS2Crew. I never had this problem before. As an additional addon I use EZDok... this posed no problem before and when uninstalling EZDok the problem persists.

Maybe someone has a clue... otherwise I won't be able to use FS2CREW on this aircraft... which is atm NOT an option.

Thanks & Cheers,

Peter

Hello fellow Flightsimmers,

unfortunately I am - all of a sudden - stuck with this very problem. I use FS2CREW on the NGX and now want to upgrade as many A/Cs as possible with this great product. My newest aquisition is the Voice Control for the J41.

I had a rather long day researching the problem and its solutions and came to my wit's end. The Problem: after loading the PMDG J41 with FS2CREW Voice Control some parts of the (virtual) cockpit are non-functional. The throttle levers aren't moving, even worse the condition levers won't budge - making a proper startup impossible -, the flaps lever will only move to the first setting (9) and the displays are dark.

I searched the PMDG support forum and the FS2CREW forum for a solution. The ones suggested didn't do the job. I even took the time to reinstall FS X... which is quite a feat and took some hours now. The PMDG J41 worked fine till I installed and FS2Crew. I never had this problem before. As an additional addon I use EZDok... this posed no problem before and when uninstalling EZDok the problem persists.

Maybe someone has a clue... otherwise I won't be able to use FS2CREW on this aircraft... which is atm NOT an option.

Hi Peter,

Never heard of that one before.

Try doing a complete re-install of the J41, apply all service updates.

Do a test flight.  If all is okay, re-install FS2Crew.

Something got mucked up somewhere, and a clean re-install will probably fix it.

Cheers,