Sign in to follow this  
Uly5

Where's my FSX product Key?

Hi Guys, I have been waiting to find FSX cheap and I found FSX Gold Edition 50% off at EB Games. Got home Installed it and tried to activate it, but I can't find the Product Key anywhere???Usually they are on the DVD case or on a Piece of paper in the DVD Case or on the manual. I can't find it anywhere. This is very frustrating!! :( Am I blind or doing something wrong. I am trying to Activate thru the Internet. If I am missing a product key I guess I will have to return it to the store.Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.Uly

Hi Uly,I also recently took advantage of this sale at EB to purchase FSX Gold at 50% off. Inside the case I found a loose piece of card with 2 product keys. It was loose inside one of the little booklets if I recall correctly. If you don't have this then I guess the best thing to do would be to go back to EB games and ask for it (with the product for proof of course).Best of luck.Regards,Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

Sounds like EB is repackaging returns, and not checking the contents, then reselling in the bargain bin. Hopefully these are just isolated incidents. The key should be a sticker above or below the DVD in the case.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Ok I will take it back this morning :(Should I ask for a replacement or just get the Product key? Is each product key linked to specific fsx dvd's or can EB just give me one from another FSX Gold edition case? I don't want to get home and find out it doesn't work with my FSX DVD.Thanks for the help so far :)Uly

Ok I will take it back this morning :(Should I ask for a replacement or just get the Product key? Is each product key linked to specific fsx dvd's or can EB just give me one from another FSX Gold edition case? I don't want to get home and find out it doesn't work with my FSX DVD.Thanks for the help so far :)Uly
I'd be suspect of any loose product keys, they may have already been activated by someone and returned. The key should be affixed to the dvd case. If EB is selling it as new, it should have the genuine MS app hologram covering the seams. If it's not there or it's not in tact then it was re-sold.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

I'd be suspect of any loose product keys, they may have already been activated by someone and returned. The key should be affixed to the dvd case. If EB is selling it as new, it should have the genuine MS app hologram covering the seams. If it's not there or it's not in tact then it was re-sold.
As the others have said,a legitimate product has a sticker inside the DVD case. It says PRODUCT KEY and should be 5 groups of 5 letters and numbers.If the product has been swapped and repackaged,it is probably not a legitimate item. Get your money back if you can,and buy from a legitimate vendor.Ron

Ron Service

Ok I went to the store an told them I didn't have a Product Key. She looked thru the other FSX DVD's and Manuals and found some had a loose piece of card with 2 product keys. She gave me 1 card with 2 product keys on it. She looked thru the rest and found about 8 without Product Keys.Yeah My dvd case has genuine MS app hologram covering the seams. It is cut in halve and has been opened, But i'd say that's becasue they keep the DVD's and Manuals of all there Games in a draw behind the counter to stop theft.I tried the second of the 2 product keys as it said Xp on it which I thought was the operating system I am using...It didn't work. So I tried the 1st Product key Then and it worked. FSX is Activated now :)So i'm not sure if the Product key I tried didn't work because it is activated by someone else or for some other reason?Anyway I have a working / activated FSX now :)Thanks Guys for your help :)Uly

Ok I went to the store an told them I didn't have a Product Key. She looked thru the other FSX DVD's and Manuals and found some had a loose piece of card with 2 product keys. She gave me 1 card with 2 product keys on it. She looked thru the rest and found about 8 without Product Keys.Yeah My dvd case has genuine MS app hologram covering the seams. It is cut in halve and has been opened, But i'd say that's becasue they keep the DVD's and Manuals of all there Games in a draw behind the counter to stop theft.I tried the second of the 2 product keys as it said Xp on it which I thought was the operating system I am using...It didn't work. So I tried the 1st Product key Then and it worked. FSX is Activated now :)So i'm not sure if the Product key I tried didn't work because it is activated by someone else or for some other reason?Anyway I have a working / activated FSX now :)Thanks Guys for your help :)Uly
You bought the Gold edition, the second one is probably to activate FSX Acceleration.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Can you guys confirm that the Gold edition has 3 DVD's? 2 for FSX and 1 for Acceleration?Because I only have 2...The 2 to install FSX?I don't have any of the Acceleration Aircraft installed.The EB Girl said she notice there was a 3 on the dvd case and she thought there might be 3 DVD's. She searched and all the other packages of FSX and they only had 2 DVD's.Don't tell me I have to go back again??? :( Also If they decided to give me a whole new set of FSX DVD's instead of just giving me the Acceleration dvd...will that affect my Fsx Product Key?Uly

Uly, not sure where you live but I'd recommend just getting a copy off amazon a new copy:28 bucks newhttp://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flight-Sim...2294&sr=8-1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ok I went back to the store. The mixup was that the EB girl gave me the FSX Deluxe DVD's in the FSX Gold Pack. I now have The correct DVD's for FSX and Acceleration.Now Will I have to Uninstall FSX (Deluxe) and Re-install FSX Deluxe & Acceleration as I now have New Product Key for FSX Deluxe??Uly

Ok I went back to the store. The mixup was that the EB girl gave me the FSX Deluxe DVD's in the FSX Gold Pack. I now have The correct DVD's for FSX and Acceleration.Now Will I have to Uninstall FSX (Deluxe) and Re-install FSX Deluxe & Acceleration as I now have New Product Key for FSX Deluxe??Uly
You should just install Acceleration right over your previous install of FSX Deluxe. Use the other code that you got to activate Acceleration.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Ok So FSX is Registered to the FSX and Me that I returned to the store and Acceleration I will use the new product Key that they gave me today? SO I guess the person that Buys the FSX Deluxe that I returned wont be able to register it will they? or doesn't it work like that?I wrote down the 2 Product Keys from FSX Deluxe that I returned...should I use the key from Acceleration from that?Sorry for all the questions...just want to be sure of what I'm doing.Uly

Yes just install the Acceleration DVD, and use the second key to activate. FSX Deluxe should only have 1 key, so the card with 2 keys are probably for the Gold version

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!