Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

New Official NVIDIA drivers!

Should fix the GeForce FX problems in 2004 for people who have those cards...www.nvidia.comRyan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't believe this - nevermind folks - it is NOT fixed according to the readme file. FS9 problems are still listed as an open issue that has not been resolved in the new driver...Ryan

Regardless of this issue having been fixed or not, I've noticed a tremendous improvement in image quality with these drivers. FPS stay the same for me (locked at 24, lowest is ~15 @ KORD in Airport 2002 w/RFP 747-200 in external view mode). Textures (especially on buildings) seem so much sharper. I highly recommend these drivers if you want improved image quality without a loss in fps.-Max Cowgill

Correct. Nvidia has yet to fix the display/driver issue in FS2004. I finally got a response back from Nvidia. I knew the 45.23 was not the fix because I am using 45.24 and it does not fix issues either.However, I am enjoying FS2004!Cheers!Cloud9

Are they better quality than the recent July 29 Microsoft driver update for Windows XP? Or should I wait until they have Anti-Aliasing fixed? GeForce4 420MX. 64MegWindows XP HomeCompaq Athlon 2400+XP 640 Meg.

I downloaded and installed the new drivers but now the registration number on the default aircraft is one big black box, the trees have black boxes around them and so have the lights:-roll . Is there any way to get rid of these? In the mean time I have reverted back to 40.72 drivers for my GeForce4 Ti4200 AGP8XRichard Wheatley

Curious the black box issue and the mention of textures looking sharper. I suspect the drivers have enabled anisotropic filtering by default. If that is true, check FS2004 and make sure Trilinear filtering is selected...-John

John, aniso is not enabled, I use rivatuner and have disabled it. I was running 8x AF for awhile but it didn't make much of a difference on blurries for me so I turned it off.-Max Cowgill

Richard, I often had this happen to me with my old GF4 Ti 4200 when I tried out different drivers. The funny thing is, I'd switch from one driver to another and get the same effect you describe, then to another driver or the previous driver and the problem would disappear, then some time down the road I'd switch to the driver that was causing the problem and the problem wouldn't come back. Try switching to your previous driver or another driver and then back to the new ones (if you like). See if that works for you.I suppose this fix could be unique to my system though.-Max Cowgill

Just download to the 30.82's and leave it at that, the most stable drivers EVER!......LMAO...Tom

Grettings from the Darkside,Folks should not expect any changes in Better AA, Texture colors/quality nor any D3D performance boost as compared to the last official 44.03 drivers, as these drivers as do most all driver updates mainly fix compatability issues with various applications.Ripped from the 45.23 release notes under "C H A P T E R 2 : R e l e a s e 4 0 D r i v e r I s s u e s O p e n I s s u e s i n V e r s i o n 4 5 . 2 3":"

I'm doing fine with the new drivers. I set the AA as the readme suggested (Application controlled and enabled AA in FS), and I'm getting surprisingly ok frame rates (averaging 15-20 fps in the skies). I have it locked to 25 and I'm sure if I turn off AA, I'll probably get up to 25.

so, do these work to get rid of the "no 2d panel" problem! currently i am using the 45.20 off 3dguru or whatever. my last nvidia ones were 44.03

If you're using AntiAliasing, then you should have no problems in Windowed mode. Otherwise, you'll have to turn off AntiAliasing (or use the APPLICATION mode).

lately, the ones i have been running, the 45.20's, I run at AA4xs or something like that fine in 2004. that is in full screen

i just dl'd them, and installed. they work just fine for me, the 2d panel shows up and I have my Geforce FX 5200 ultra 128MB with AA at 4xs and my AF 8x!

Hi GuysWhat we should take on board is that it is not only fs9 that has problems. I notice from posts over the years, that we are to ready to blame nvidia or ATI or whatever. I am sure that nvidia etc. do their best to have quality drivers for their products but if the product has built in problems due to shoddy programming or what have you, then it is unfair to blame the card.We all know how games have improved over time and it it is logical to assume that in pushing out the boundaries, particularly if the emerging rules are not followed by the games developers, then problems will occur. This is no different from any development that is knocking on new technologies door....you will meet unexpected problems which take time to solve and then we move on.This is the price that we pay to see our favorite flight sim become better with each release! Just my 2 pennyworth.

That issue with things being surrounded by black boxes is caused by the "Texture Sharpening" checkbox on the AntiAliasing page in the Detonator settings - uncheck it.Ryan

>That issue with things being surrounded by black boxes is>caused by the "Texture Sharpening" checkbox on the>AntiAliasing page in the Detonator settings - uncheck it.>>RyanHi Ryan,Perhaps, but that sounds strange as that box only doubles what ever Aniso setting you have. if you 4xAF it will now be 8xAF, however if you have 8xAF selected and the sharpening checked it will stay at 8xAF.Usually the boxes apear when Bilinear or Trylinear filtering is turned off or not working so you are on to something I think."Strange" -So whats new with FS9 issues? Sigh...Patiance it Will all get worked out, But it sure seems with all the beta testing that went on that someone sure dropped the ball.Musnot......musnot fi.....

I've got "Texture Sharpening Checked" and have no black boxes anywhere except in the Create a Flight menu in full screen mode.New 45.23's are a big step forward - no lockups or squirreliness other than the above-mentioned...

I can't share enthusiasm for these new drivers. I installed as normal, got no warning that the drivers were unsigned (good becuase NVIDIA says they are WHQL certified). Reboot takes 5 minutes. After which I get an infinite loop error when the desktop loads. I was using RivaTuner (which does not support these new drivers by the way) so I unloaded the bootstrap driver. This madethings even worse... no boot at all.Went into safe mode and uninstalled the drivers. Re-installed the old ones. Stability is questionable at best. I am seeing a complete system reload on the horizon. Bugger!

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I installed the new official Nvidia drivers and the whole program smoothed out. I never had a problem with the 2D panels not showing up with the 44.3 drivers, just couldn't see anything but the a/c when going to Select a Flight. The newest drivers have smoothed out the whole sim. The "Select a Flight" problem is fixed. I have AA on at 4X (I think...I'm at work now). I had massive amounts of "shimmering", now it is very minute and I'm still playing with the sliders. Scenery & autogen is at "very dense", clouds at 30% and AI traffic at 50%. Can't remember the other settings. The frames are locked at 26 and I'm getting an average of 15 to 18 at KORD and everything is smooth. I have a P4 2.02 gz processor, 512 DDR, FX5200 128 mg video card that I just purchased. I could have afforded a more expensive card but could not rationalize when it works great for 2002 & 2004. Anyway the new drivers made a world of difference on my machine.