Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Call - Operated through PTT-button

Hi,I'm considering to buy Call for MD80 and I wonder if it can be operated by defining a PTT button.This is essential for my FS2004 setup.I run SB on a remote PC, so I will have to buy a clip-microphone as suggested.The issue is however that SB is operated using a wireless keypad that is connected to my remote PC.So if I talk to the controller, Call doesn't have a clue about this.I know I can use FSUIPC to define a PTT button for SB, but in the past that gave many many issues leaving the mic open,hence I'm using a keypad directly connected to my remote PC.Egbert

System: P3D V4 - 80386 DX2 - 4MB RAM - 3dfx Voodoo5 - Windows 3.11

Hi,I'm considering to buy Call for MD80 and I wonder if it can be operated by defining a PTT button.This is essential for my FS2004 setup.I run SB on a remote PC, so I will have to buy a clip-microphone as suggested.The issue is however that SB is operated using a wireless keypad that is connected to my remote PC.So if I talk to the controller, Call doesn't have a clue about this.I know I can use FSUIPC to define a PTT button for SB, but in the past that gave many many issues leaving the mic open,hence I'm using a keypad directly connected to my remote PC.Egbert
Call?I'm sorry, do you mean FS2Crew?In FS2Crew, the mic is always 'hot' unless you press the MUTE key.Cheers,

Call?I'm sorry, do you mean FS2Crew?In FS2Crew, the mic is always 'hot' unless you press the MUTE key.Cheers,
Uhhrrrr sorry.... I meant FS2Crew :( Can you consider also to include (optional) PTT functionality?Using the MUTE key would require me to press 2 keys if I talk to the SB-controller.(1 key for SB-PTT, and another key to mute FS2Crew)

Uhhrrrr sorry.... I meant FS2Crew :( Can you consider also to include (optional) PTT functionality?Using the MUTE key would require me to press 2 keys if I talk to the SB-controller.(1 key for SB-PTT, and another key to mute FS2Crew)
Hi,Your setup is a little complex so I can't guarantee anything, but what most Squawkbox users do is assign the FS2Crew 'Mute' key to the same key used by SB for PTT.For example, have them both connected to LEFT CONTROL.Cheers,

Hi,Your setup is a little complex so I can't guarantee anything, but what most Squawkbox users do is assign the FS2Crew 'Mute' key to the same key used by SB for PTT.For example, have them both connected to LEFT CONTROL.Cheers,
Yes, but that would work if SB is operated from the same keyboard as FS2Crew.As indicated for SB I use a keypad connected to my other PC, hence my question.I guess I have to look for a clip-microphone with a PTT-button (if they excist)

Hello BryanThumbs up on the MD80 voice version. A quick question tho, I have a Saitech yoke and I am battling to setup the mute function on the Yoke, I dont own a version of FSUIP however I took your advise and downloaded JoyToKey. I still cant get it to wok with this even tho I have tested JoyToKey with other key commands like the Gear (G) which worked fine on the joystick. Any suggestions?Thanks

Hello BryanThumbs up on the MD80 voice version. A quick question tho, I have a Saitech yoke and I am battling to setup the mute function on the Yoke, I dont own a version of FSUIP however I took your advise and downloaded JoyToKey. I still cant get it to wok with this even tho I have tested JoyToKey with other key commands like the Gear (G) which worked fine on the joystick. Any suggestions?Thanks
What key assignment are you using for Mute?Try LEFT CONTROL as a test.Best,

Hi,I have another question about MD80 FS2Crew (or FS2Crew in general).On my FS PC I do have 2 sounds cards (on motherboard and PCI).Is it possible to assign FS2Crew to a specific soundcard?I want my FS Sounds (Engines, etc) to go over the speakers, and FS2Crew/SB over a headset.Is that possible?BTW: I hope you consider to include PTT functionality (besides the Mute function) in a next update,allowing users to choose between the 2 options.For some users the Mute button is the most convenience, for others a PTT button.

Hi,Yes, #1 is possible.On the FS2Crew Config Panel, there is an option where you can select which audio device you want the First Officer audio to come through.PTT: I'll think about it.Cheers,

Hi,Just a little feedback:As indicated I'm running SB on a 2nd PC incl headset.For my FS2004 system I bought a little clip-mic which works surprisingly good.Now, I don't know how FS2Crew gauge does it, but when I press the PTT button on my SB keyboard (i.e. 2nd PC),I see the yellow 'M' light up in the FS2Crew gauge on my FS2004 PC. Somehow FS2Crew detects the PTT button being pressed on my 2nd PC.Probably through WideFS/FSUIPC, I dunno. Anyway this is a nice unexpected feature for me.EgbertP.S. I'm referring to FS2Crew for PIC737, haven't tried it with MD80 yet, but I guess it's the same