Sign in to follow this  
LukeW

Loss of ATC response capability

I have Win 7. I'm running FSX and am halfway through an IFR route when suddenly I cannot respond to ATC. They give me a new heading and altitude and try as I might, I cannot get a response to them. None of the answer choices appear in the ATC window. They keep asking if I've heard the instruction and then cancel IFR. I have to reload the Flight Plan and then a short time later, the ability to respond fails again. Is this a problem with a solution?Thanks,Luke

I have Win 7. I'm running FSX and am halfway through an IFR route when suddenly I cannot respond to ATC. They give me a new heading and altitude and try as I might, I cannot get a response to them. None of the answer choices appear in the ATC window. They keep asking if I've heard the instruction and then cancel IFR. I have to reload the Flight Plan and then a short time later, the ability to respond fails again. Is this a problem with a solution?Thanks,Luke
Yea - I've been getting it also. What's up with that? The only way to fix it is to let ATC cancel your flightplan. Sheesh, talk about hardcore controllers.Don't know if it is related but I use UTII and will hit ctrl+shift+t to stop all traffic during the flight.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Dusty has no solution, is glad that I am not the only one experiencing this..thought I lost my marbles.Oh...did that already...bwaaaahaaaa

I have experienced this intermittently with FSX, although I have found that I can regain ATC response capability by changing my radio frequency to any frequency other than the frequency I was on when I lost ATC response capability. The ATC window should then give the option to tune back to the correct ATC frequency and you should regain your ATC response capability. I can usually do this quickly enough to avoid my IFR flight plan being cancelled.

I have experienced this intermittently with FSX, although I have found that I can regain ATC response capability by changing my radio frequency to any frequency other than the frequency I was on when I lost ATC response capability. The ATC window should then give the option to tune back to the correct ATC frequency and you should regain your ATC response capability. I can usually do this quickly enough to avoid my IFR flight plan being cancelled.
Some sort of electrical interference. Thanks for the tip.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz

I have the same problem and think that it has something to do with Bojote's config file or the shader model upgrade that he has given us. I don't use ATC very often except to find runway's in use so it doesn't bother me too much. Try rebuilding your config file and see if it comes back. That worked for me until I decided to install the reworked config file again. Hopefully you can get this resolved. Tony

I have the same problem and think that it has something to do with Bojote's config file or the shader model upgrade that he has given us. I don't use ATC very often except to find runway's in use so it doesn't bother me too much. Try rebuilding your config file and see if it comes back. That worked for me until I decided to install the reworked config file again. Hopefully you can get this resolved. Tony
Interesting deduction. My only guess would be Affinitymask=14 as it could be a thread issue. It only happens to me on the 3rd or 4th vector to final call.Not using Shader 3.0 as of late with a new build.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz

I'm not using any of Bojote's tweaks and I get it every once in a while as well, so I doubt its his tweaks causing it. I think its just a bug in FSX. I remember it also happening to me once in a while in FS9 also. Like someone else said, I can get ATC back sometimes buy switching frequencies, but that doesn't always work. Doesn't really bug me though since it only happens once in a blue moon and I dont use ATC much anyways.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This is a bug in FSX. This happened to me in the early months of FSX life, so lets not blame Bojote. As stated above, cycle the standby frequency back and forth and ATC will be back to norm.