Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

757, soon?

Where does that picture of the 757 come from? Now I´m intrigued

Alexis Mefano

I believe that picture is from page 11 of the Level-D 767-300ER Operations Manual and Guide. First Edition November 2005.

Jim Reynolds

Operating Engineers

Intel i7 920@3.8, EVGA X58, 6GB DDR3 Mushkin, 750W Digital Storm, NVIDIA GTX570, HP LP2475 LCD

With no version of FS on the horizon, what's the hurry? ;)
What about Flight? They are already showing videos and screenshots.. I know it's not going to be this year (well, I don't really know, I think) but for 2012 it could be. What's the hurry? In my opinion, if Flight delivers, most of the FS people will go to Flight immediately since FSX has so many problems with performance and can't take advantage of new technologies. But again, just my opinion, I'm no expert.

I believe that picture is from page 11 of the Level-D 767-300ER Operations Manual and Guide. First Edition November 2005.
Yup, was just trying to get some excitement back in the thread :(

For a moment I thought we had new stuff to see :/

Alexis Mefano

DShutt, unfortunately I have a question for you. Will LDS 57 based on 67? Or is it like NGX which is a "clean sheet" project?

Lauri,Clean sheet? I doubt that the PMDG team threw out all the code from the NG - even if it was a FS9 version - and started from scratch. But, hey, maybe they did ;-)The LDS 757 is not an upgrade from the 767. But, it's certainly not a clean sheet. It shares some functionality with the current 767, but it is a brand new model with new panels and features and stuff. Is that vague enough for you? :(

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Can you tell us if your team is going to implement ARINC 424 interpretation on the FMC? That would allow realistic procedures just like in real life, with all the legs correctly displayed. PMDG is going that way, so is FlightSimLabs with their A320, and I´m curious about 757 we are all waiting forThanks

Alexis Mefano

Interesting.Does this mean PMDG and FSLabs are going to release their own procedures on a quarterly basis and provide support for them? :( Kidding.The product is in development and those kinds of specifics are best left to the final testing phase.

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

I get your point, actually I asked the same question for the FlightSimLabs folks, but they didn´t answer. I Guess NaviGraph gets their data from an ARINC 424 file, and transforms it to be readable by most of the Addons. It´d be a matter of providing the source file for costumers.Since we already pay for quality NavDava, I´d pay for this new format, if it were to keep me updated with the current database cycle.Thanks for answer my question, please consider this feature for your product, it´d make lots of people happy, including me :(

Alexis Mefano

>I asked the same question for the FlightSimLabs folks, but they didn´t answerYet, in your previous posted you wrote that they WERE going to implement ARINC 424... :(

LVLDF1.gif

Oh no :( , you got it all wrong.I asked them where were they going to get the data for their MCDU supporting ARINC 424. They made it pretty clear they´re going to feature ARINC on their forum"Additional planned features for the FSLabs A320 include a robust Flight Management and Guidance System (FMGS) with proper SID/STAR tracking; lateral and vertical flight management which follows the ARINC 424-19 specification in full detail" written by Lefteris Kalamaras himself.Anyway, good luck with your 757 project, I hope it goes smoothly so we can all enjoy as soon as possible

Alexis Mefano

Daryl (tongue in cheek) Will the 757 be rewritten if 'Flight' comes out before as they did, when FSX appeared? lol

Dave Taylor gb.png

Ohh please, stop giving the man wrong ideas :(

Alexis Mefano