Sign in to follow this  
ludwigkessler

delays in RCv4 when using Active Sky Evolution

Hiya Chaps,I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and is there any sort of fix for it? When I use RC with Active Sky, there is always a delay in either contacting the controller, from when I key press no 1 or 3, a delay in the controller replieing to me and a delay when I reply to the controller! At its worst, I have the controller saying something like..." 7 3 6 3 I say again....." this when I havnt even heard him the first time! This only happens when using Active Sky, as when I dont use it, RC perfoms without fault.Any suggestions?Rory

What is your FS version?There has been at least one service release for ASE that may help. ASE is very resource intensive. If ASE offers any audio facilities such as Skywatch reporting I'd turn that off. Check out the hifi sim support forum here on AVSIM for performance enhancing suggestions.In RC to increase performance turn off display text and especially prerecorded chatter in its options.Be sure your FSUIPC is up to date as well. Links are at the top.

Thanks for the reply. My fsuipc is the latest version and registered. The active sky I've had about one month but will check for updates. Active sky also causes me problems with certain add on aircraft as well as RC. Oh, and FS version is FSX, OS is Win 7 64 bit.

Try turning DWC of, global mode off, and you should be able to select FSUIPC be your interface into FSX instead of Sim Connect directly. You can then set options in FSUIPC weather options to do your wind smoothing. FSUIPC 4 and AES (with direct connections) both use Sim Connect and their contention might slow things up as just a guess. This way FSUIPC will handle of the interprocess communications.Another advantage of not using DWC which forces Global mode in FSX is that you will not have errors in ATIS since the FS destination weather will follow the destination METAR, not the weather at the location of your aircraft enroute. This provides a more stable environment as you approach destination.This choice of using Sim Connect or FSUIPC is written up somewhere in the AES manual.This is not an issue for FS9 users.

Open task manager and assign ASE to a specific core... It helps on my system. It makes you wonder why is ASE so intensive... it shouldn't have much to do after a weather update....

I do not think ASE when using FSX does anything with FSUIPC. It is all SimConnect.But the problem is the Global Mode, it slows RC down. There is no way around. You have to turn off global mode and then RC will run like it should.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

You can in FSX turn off DWC and disable Global mode even if using SimConnect. Then contrary to page 10 in the ASE manual let FSUIPC4 smooth out the weather instead of ASE.See how that works.

I do not think ASE when using FSX does anything with FSUIPC. It is all SimConnect.But the problem is the Global Mode, it slows RC down. There is no way around. You have to turn off global mode and then RC will run like it should.

You can in FSX turn off DWC and disable Global mode even if using SimConnect. Then contrary to page 10 in the ASE manual let FSUIPC4 smooth out the weather instead of ASE.See how that works.
This is the deal.ASE DWC on: You get great weather...but RC4 gets the slows...especially when working with approach and tower for landing.With DWC off: You get inaccuate wearther but RC4 works as fast as normal.The problem is ASE DWC, not RC4. ASE owes us a fix.There is no way to overcome the the DWC on and RC4 going slow problem....that I know of. There must be an ASE fix which we may or may not ever get.I have found with ASE DWC on, if elect an ILS approache, RC4 is slow but satisfactory. If you go with an RNAV approach you may be rolling on the active when you get permission to land.

Make sure after turning DWC off, Global mode is turned off. You should be getting accurate weather. I'd ask on their forum.

This is the deal.ASE DWC on: You get great weather...but RC4 gets the slows...especially when working with approach and tower for landing.With DWC off: You get inaccuate wearther but RC4 works as fast as normal.------------------snip----------------

After turning DWC off, Radar Contact ran as it should do. However, I'm not sure where to find the Global setting? Or does this refer to the setting in FSX?Rory

That setting is in AES in one of the tabbed pages under options. Check the wind and visibility tabs for "range" and if global is specified change it to a distance in nm. In the AES manual check pages 27, 37, 39, 40. Page 40 gives the disadvantages of global mode regarding ATIS reporting in FSX and therefore RC. I would suspect this could adversely affect AI patterns as well. AES global mode only updates weather every ten minutes (in the manual).When DWC is disabled you will see probably see first global ranges on most of the weather tabs under options. Take out any global range options you see. If you enable DWC for FSX then these will probably be reset to global.

After turning DWC off, Radar Contact ran as it should do. However, I'm not sure where to find the Global setting? Or does this refer to the setting in FSX?Rory

Active Sky Evolution Service Pack 2 Released!Submitted by admin on Mon, 12/06/2010 - 11:10NEW VERSION OF ACTIVE SKY RELEASED! Integration with FSUIPC v4 (FSX) now permits 3rd-party add-ons such as Radar Contact to receive proper localized weather information when using DWC mode. These and many more enhancements have been made to provide the most refined and realistic weather experience possible.