Sign in to follow this  
ErrorInside

Check...Check...Check...Check

Hi there Bryan,first of all (agian): Outstanding work on the Voice Commander. I'm kind of addicted!But I have a huge problem concerning the LDS 767 Voice Commander. Sometimes my FO is going crazy and is not listening to any of my commands i give. The commands are displayed correct in the MSG-Field of FS2Crew but FO is not reacting except for saying "checked" after the command. I'm qute sure i follwed the FSCrew-Flow in order, so what'S going on here and more important: How am I going to solve this? :( CheerioFlorian

Florian.I Used to have this same problem. But ever since i re calibrated my mic via the speech control panel, and redid the speech training, it hasnt happened since. So give that a try.

What the above poster said.This is probably a microphone volume issue.If using XP, after you load the FS2Crew Main Panel, go back to the Windows Speech Recognizer Panel and check the Volume Microphone.You may need push the volume slider back down... way down.For some reason, in XP, when the speech recognition engine is loaded, the mic volume slider goes to full max. This doesn't happen in Vista or Win 7.Cheers,

Hello,I'm also experiencing this problem on my first flight. However, I dont think it has anyhing to do with the microphone, because the problem only started right after takeoff. Anything I say was replied by "checked" and no function is performed. I have to do a second flight, but any ideas what might have went wrong? My J41 voice commander has been working without any problems.

Hello,I'm also experiencing this problem on my first flight. However, I dont think it has anyhing to do with the microphone, because the problem only started right after takeoff. Anything I say was replied by "checked" and no function is performed. I have to do a second flight, but any ideas what might have went wrong? My J41 voice commander has been working without any problems.
Hi Antti,The 767 version uses the same system used in the PMDG Jetstream, so the results should be the same.Please watch the Green Bar.I suspect what happened is that you issued a command, and then the FO repeated it (acknowledged it), and then the microphone/speech recognition engine picked up what the FO said (and thought you said it) and then you get caught in a loop.Cheers,

Guest jbl2kz

Hi there,this very same thing happened to me yesterday on my first flight with FS2C. It sure was no microphone problem since all the commands I gave were shown correctly on the green box on top of the screen, but the F/O would only say "checked" and no commands were executed at all. This started happening when I issued the "runway entry procedure" command, which was completely ignored by the F/O. So I performed his flow of actions, triggered manually the "landing roll" fs2c mode and announced "takeoff". Apparently at some point the F/O had some sort of stroke and became stupid for the rest of the flight, 'cause he would say nothing but "checked" after that.Tonight I'll try it for the 2nd time, hope it all works fine!BTW, I know you must be tired of reading this kind of comments, but wow man! what a great addon! it sure makes a difference.And sorry for my english! biggrin.gif

Yes, just like jbl2kz, my green box shows all the commands ok, and they are not repeated either. It should all work fine according to the green box and J41 version.Another thing that happened on that flight was the pushback didn't stop, and saying "stop pushback" did not do anything, so I had to hit shift+P. After 10 minutes I was already taxiing, and then the ground crew started saying "pushback complete". However, everything else went just fine until after takeoff, when the FO stopped doing what I asked and always replied "check".

Yes, just like jbl2kz, my green box shows all the commands ok, and they are not repeated either. It should all work fine according to the green box and J41 version.Another thing that happened on that flight was the pushback didn't stop, and saying "stop pushback" did not do anything, so I had to hit shift+P. After 10 minutes I was already taxiing, and then the ground crew started saying "pushback complete". However, everything else went just fine until after takeoff, when the FO stopped doing what I asked and always replied "check".
Pushback not stopping: This can happen from time to time. It appears to be a bug in the MS pushback system as this problem has been there for years. Repeating 'check': Never experienced during beta testing. Can you reproduce it everytime? I need something I can reproduce in order to fix it if it's a genuine bug.Cheers,

Pushback not stopping: This can happen from time to time. It appears to be a bug in the MS pushback system as this problem has been there for years. Repeating 'check': Never experienced during beta testing. Can you reproduce it everytime? I need something I can reproduce in order to fix it if it's a genuine bug.Cheers,
Bryan,I'll try another flight today to see if it happens again and report back.

Guest jbl2kz

I had the same issue on my 2nd test flight, this time the F/O's brain stopped working at some point before TOD.I think the last command I issued him was to read back one of the approach checklist items. He would answer to my request with a nice "checked" over and over again (not repeatedly, I mean every time I asked), and just as I expected he wouldn't come back at all after that. What I noticed was that the main panel mode correctly switched to "landing" and the FA landing announcement was performed. Even the F/O spoke for one sentence, just to confirm the cabin was ready for landing. He wouldn't turn landing lights on, deploy flaps on my command or extend the gear when asked though. Checked was I had left of him.At least now I know it's not stage-related, since once it happened to me right before takeoff.I'll keep posting the news, tonight I may be trying it for the third time, let's hope it works!!Nail%20Biting.gifOh and BTW, it certainly IS a bug. Commands are showing in the screen while the F/O answers "checked" to everything. That should never happen under normal conditions, no matter how bad the flow had been performed. It really ruins the rest of the flight, since switching modes won't reactivate it.PS: I almost forgot, I also had the "pushback completed, set parking brake" call a lot later, when I was already taxiing even though I waited 5-10 mins for the call to be made. Ground said "release parking brake" but never asked me to set it back. Perhaps both issues are related.

Hi,It could be a bug, but we beta tested this product very well and only a couple people have reported something similar out of a reasonably large group.But if you can give me precise reproducible steps, I can fix it. But reproducibility is key.My only advice is to check your microphone settings one more time and follow the tutorial flight "to the letter" so I know we're doing the exact same thing.Cheers,

I've just had the FO have a brain fart on a flight as well. First flight today was fine, restarted the PC as normal and got to the flight controls check and he went into meltdown. Will try again later and see If I can repeat it. Greg

Greg B

My second flight went fine with the F/O. The only peculiarity on the flight was right after takeoff, when the flight attendant suddenly said "hello". :( I also kept hearing lots of knocks on the door during taxi.Unfortunately I can only recall couple of things that were clearly done or went differently than on the first flight.First, the pushback went better this time. After the 90 degree turn, I felt that it was not stopping again, so I said "stop pushback" a couple of times. Eventually it stopped, and I finished the conversation with the ground crew normally this time.I also re-calibrated my headseat before the flight, even though it was already working and registering commands previously, and had no problems with the J41 edition either.I must say, now whernever the F/O replies to anything with "check", it's a heart stopping moment. :(

My second flight went fine with the F/O. The only peculiarity on the flight was right after takeoff, when the flight attendant suddenly said "hello". :( I also kept hearing lots of knocks on the door during taxi.
FA calling you with "hello": You must have pressed the FA call button at some point.Knocking on door during taxi: How loud is it? I'm thinking it's the sound I added of the pushback tow bar banging into the nose wheel unit (it makes a slight banging sound).Make sure you re-revisit the pushback procedures in the manual. Sounds like a step might be getting missed somewhere.Cheers,

Hi,today I had also the check...ckeck experience. The preflihgt, take off, climb and cruise went fine. At the moment I was calling for the appraoch checklist, the FO answered everything I said with 'check'. May be there was something wrong with the food.I have performed a few flights before without problem and no changes on the volume setting of the mic were made.Patrick