Sign in to follow this  
ErrorInside

Check...Check...Check...Check

Hi Patrick,Thanks for the report. What OS are you using? Can you reproduce this again.If it didn't occur during the first few flights, you must be doing something different. Is the FS window in focus the entire time?Cheers,

I've had 3 flights since and no further issues. The only thing I could think of was that I rushed through the control checks. My only difficulty now is getting the cabin crew to close doors and arm slides, it just does not work for me! Must be the English Accent :(

Greg B

I've had 3 flights since and no further issues. The only thing I could think of was that I rushed through the control checks. My only difficulty now is getting the cabin crew to close doors and arm slides, it just does not work for me! Must be the English Accent :(
Glad you appear to have it resolved.Close doors and arm slides: There is no voice command for that. FS2Crew handles the doors automatically for you.Cheers,

Hi,OS win 7 64I switch several times to other apps. During this flight I also used radar contact..I will let you, when in happens again.Patrick

Guest mgnle

Hi,I am currently running Windows 7 x64, and I just upgraded from the previous version of the LDS767 FS2Crew. I've had the same 'check...check' problem on both of my first two flights. Both times everything was working perfectly until I took off. The first command that was answered with 'check' was 'gear up'. The F/O would not respond to that or anything else I said with any action other than saying 'check'. I know my microphone isn't the problem because everything I say is appearing in the green box as expected. I'm also doing everything according to the tutorial flight, and I made sure I was in the 'initial climb' mode after take off (which sounds right).If you have any ideas on how to fix this, it would be much appreciated.Thanks!

Hi,I am currently running Windows 7 x64, and I just upgraded from the previous version of the LDS767 FS2Crew. I've had the same 'check...check' problem on both of my first two flights. Both times everything was working perfectly until I took off. The first command that was answered with 'check' was 'gear up'. The F/O would not respond to that or anything else I said with any action other than saying 'check'. I know my microphone isn't the problem because everything I say is appearing in the green box as expected. I'm also doing everything according to the tutorial flight, and I made sure I was in the 'initial climb' mode after take off (which sounds right).If you have any ideas on how to fix this, it would be much appreciated.Thanks!
Hi,The FO should respond to the "Gear up" command by saying "Gear Up", not "check".Is the FS window "in focus" the entire time? Or are you switching to different apps while the 767 is running.Based on what I've read from other posters, that can be a contributing factor.Also, are you following the tutorial to the letter?Best,

Guest mgnle
Hi,The FO should respond to the "Gear up" command by saying "Gear Up", not "check".Is the FS window "in focus" the entire time? Or are you switching to different apps while the 767 is running.Based on what I've read from other posters, that can be a contributing factor.Also, are you following the tutorial to the letter?Best,
Well, I've switched a couple times to check VAFS for weather and such, but it never seemed to affect anything until I took off. And I still find it strange that the program is recognizing exactly what I'm saying, but the F/O seems to be ignoring it. Would running it in windowed mode help you think? Oh, and I am following the tutorial to the letter. I say 'set 60%', then once stabilized, I say 'stabilized' (which the F/O repeats). Then I engage N1 mode and the F/O says 'thrust set'. The F/O then announces all the V-speeds and once I rotate, says 'positive rate'. After that, he seems to ignore everything I say.

Hi,You could be in the wrong 'mode'.Keep the FS2Crew Main Panel open and watch the mode changes.Once the wheels are off the ground during takeoff, the mode should change to "INIT CLIMB".Once the gear is up, the mode should change to "CLEAN UP".So make sure you get the mode change from INIT CLIMB to CLEAN UP.Cheers,

Just ran into this for the first time myself. Flew with FS2Crew many times and never had it where the FO just says check until now (probably my 12th or so flight), All was well on the ground, until I went onto the runway. Runway entry procedure when good, then I said takeoff, and advanced the throttles. I was using max thrust and flaps 20, as I was taking off from SKBO with FSPassengers, and FSPAX labels it a war zone, so I wanted to climb as fast as I possibly could as quickly as I could do avoid getting shot at. I never heard the FO say "Positive Rate", but I said "Gear Up" anyway and all he said back was "check", told him "Flaps 15", he said "Check", and then I saw the gear was never retratced. Then I remembered this seeing this thread. Also, after the FO says "Check", he turns on the Lower EICAS screen to the STATUS page. I am in the middle of the flight right now, and have tried several things to get it back running right, changing modes, cycling on and off the voice recognition, nothing sets it to rights. I am in the middle of the flight right now, and I jsut turned off the voice recog and will finish the flight solo, I havent flown the LEVEL D 767 all by myself without my virtual FO in a long time. EDIT: I noticed that the FA cabin calls were still active and correct. He announced that I turned off the seatbelt sign correctly and did his cruise speech correctly.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Just ran into this for the first time myself. Flew with FS2Crew many times and never had it where the FO just says check until now (probably my 12th or so flight), All was well on the ground, until I went onto the runway. Runway entry procedure when good, then I said takeoff, and advanced the throttles. I was using max thrust and flaps 20, as I was taking off from SKBO with FSPassengers, and FSPAX labels it a war zone, so I wanted to climb as fast as I possibly could as quickly as I could do avoid getting shot at. I never heard the FO say "Positive Rate", but I said "Gear Up" anyway and all he said back was "check", told him "Flaps 15", he said "Check", and then I saw the gear was never retratced. Then I remembered this seeing this thread. Also, after the FO says "Check", he turns on the Lower EICAS screen to the STATUS page. I am in the middle of the flight right now, and have tried several things to get it back running right, changing modes, cycling on and off the voice recognition, nothing sets it to rights. I am in the middle of the flight right now, and I jsut turned off the voice recog and will finish the flight solo, I havent flown the LEVEL D 767 all by myself without my virtual FO in a long time. EDIT: I noticed that the FA cabin calls were still active and correct. He announced that I turned off the seatbelt sign correctly and did his cruise speech correctly.
Hi Scott,So it happened once in 12 flights... I still need something reproducible in order to fix it. I can fix what I can reproduce.Be sure to watch the mode changes on the FS2Crew Main Panel... Make sure the mode changes to INIT CLIMB right after the wheels lift off the ground. With the Mode in INIT CLIMB say "Gear Up"... the FO should reply "Gear Up', not "check".Based on the others who have reported this, something seems to get bungled up right after takeoff.The question for me is: What are you doing to produce this behavior? There must be something.Make sure your following the tutorial flight to the letter so I know we're doing the same thing.Cheers,

Hi Scott,So it happened once in 12 flights... I still need something reproducible in order to fix it. I can fix what I can reproduce.Be sure to watch the mode changes on the FS2Crew Main Panel... Make sure the mode changes to INIT CLIMB right after the wheels lift off the ground. With the Mode in INIT CLIMB say "Gear Up"... the FO should reply "Gear Up', not "check".Based on the others who have reported this, something seems to get bungled up right after takeoff.The question for me is: What are you doing to produce this behavior? There must be something.Make sure your following the tutorial flight to the letter so I know we're doing the same thing.Cheers,
I did go into too steep a climb and stalled out the aircraft, stall warning went on, and recovered pretty quickly.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Hi Bryan,I've just had this check check problem for the first time today.It started when the FO would not respond to my "takeoff" command. I tried several times for him to recognise it, but today he wouldn't. I took off anyway and then when going through the normal process, gear up, lnav etc he just kept saying "Check".I tried to switch modes, but it still would not respond. So I turned off voice recognition and then turned it back on in your cfg panel and then nothing would happen from the FO (no response or speech) although the commands were displaying in the green bar. This failure after reseting speech recognition has occurred every time I've done it - there is somthing amiss here as well.I'm running Win XP64.Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

Hi Bryan,I've just had this check check problem for the first time today.It started when the FO would not respond to my "takeoff" command. I tried several times for him to recognise it, but today he wouldn't. I took off anyway and then when going through the normal process, gear up, lnav etc he just kept saying "Check".I tried to switch modes, but it still would not respond. So I turned off voice recognition and then turned it back on in your cfg panel and then nothing would happen from the FO (no response or speech) although the commands were displaying in the green bar. This failure after reseting speech recognition has occurred every time I've done it - there is somthing amiss here as well.I'm running Win XP64.Best wishesSteve
Hi Steve,Thanks for the report. We seem to be narrowing it down.But I still need reproducibility so I can track it down.Can you consistently reproduce this?What 'mode' where you in when you said "takeoff"?Did the Green Bar say 'takeoff'If you can consistently reproduce it, please email me.We'll do a remote desktop session so I can see it with my own eyes. That'll make it easier to fix.Best,

Hi Bryan,I have just done the exact same flight and it worked, so no I can't reproduce it. I thought perhaps I hadn't said "seat the cabin" when it failed, so I flew it again and missed that statement out and it still worked OK. Must be cosmic rays!!!Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

Well I guess it was my turn today, worked well throughout a 4.7 hour flight until dropping below 10000, and was calling for the "approach checklist" all the FO would say after that to any command was "check". Got to the gate, set brakes and turned off the fuel, he performed his shutdown flows and I thought I'd call for "shutdown checklist, but all he said was "check" to any command or request. I tried to turn off voice and back on serveral times, no help. Tried skipping flight phases, no help. Just had to shut it down and start all over again. So it appears to be an issue.ThanksJoe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg